Batman vs. Superman

313,867 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yellow - i mean the extraneous action scene before the big showdown. i know superman is going to fight zod, that's what i want to see. superman fighting machine that i knew nothing about until 5 minutes ago and suddenly has magic sentinent-esque powers and giant metal tentacles does nothing for me.

Murder Hornet
AG
A stand alone sequel was perfectly set up. Luthor moves into provide $$ to rebuild metropolis while "campaigning" against superman/aliens. Meanwhile having some nefarious plot (not real estate) to destroy superman.

Superman/Clark dealing with killing last kryptonian and stopping Luthor without killing him.

Drop some Easter eggs or cameo reveals for other JL members if you want to but this movie is headed for disaster
TCTTS
AG
In a super-random Sunday evening exclusive, Zack Snyder is now set to direct Justice League. Nothing we didn't already know, but Warner Bros. hadn't yet made JL official until now. Looking like a 2018 release, even though rumors continue that they're potentially shooting back-to-back with Batman/Superman, which would give it a 2017 release...

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/04/27/warner-bros-details-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/
Simplebay
AG
Nuclear bombs will happen. Man I can't wait for this.

Also, no way this happens. WB will drop him or he will bow out after BVS tanks.
TCTTS
AG
It's already happening. The Hollywood Reporter says the back-to-back thing is legit, as does Latino Review. Batman/Superman, May 2016. Justice League, May 2017. Unless they fire Snyder mid-shoot, he's helming both.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
It's already happening. The Hollywood Reporter says the back-to-back thing is legit, as does Latino Review. Batman/Superman, May 2016. Justice League, May 2017. Unless they fire Snyder mid-shoot, he's helming both.

Firing directors in the middle of a back to back shoot is a Superman tradition.
Simplebay
AG
new batmobile per Zack Snyder

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 5/12/2014 1:32p).]
jeffk
AG
Wonder Woman's new jet per jeffk:

SteadicaTm
AG
Disaster
AliasMan02
AG
I can see that. The kneejerk will be to hate on anything related to this movie, but I can see that Batmobile being pretty awesome.
Gradin
AG
I approve it. Nods to Tumbler but hints of other designs.
jackie childs
not sure if legit, could easily be ace and gary's car too
G.I.Bro
As much as I thoroughly enjoyed Nolan's trilogy, I wouldn't mind a more comic book take on this series, especially if we're getting in to justice league stuff. Batmobile looks pretty cool
israeliag
AG
Batmobile looks great - kinda like the head of a dragon (from what can be gathered).

I may have to stop following this thread now to avoid spoilers.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
As long as the Batmobile has flames on the side like Optimus Prime I'll be happy.
AliasMan02
AG
I am a little afraid we'll get a Batmobile with eyes on the front, which is my least favorite ever.
israeliag
AG
Based on Man of Steel, Watchmen, and even Sucker Punch, set design and art direction are the least of concerns with Snyder.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks good, but a bat mobile won't be enough to save this movie.
MW03
AG
quote:
Based on Man of Steel, Watchmen, and even Sucker Punch, set design and art direction are the least of concerns with Snyder.

Agreed.

I don't understand how people can decide to hate a movie that's only just begun shooting.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Nor do I understand how any one can declare this movie to be a disaster when they apparently have not yet begun filming. With this one, Episode VII and Interstellar, I expect that many here are setting themselves up for disappointment with all kinds of high (or low) expectations.
AliasMan02
AG
It's not unfair to call the pre-production of this movie a disaster to date, with its huge cast and incredibly questionable decision-making. That's on top of what is obviously a knee-jerk reaction from the poor performance of Man of Steel that has led DC/WB to double down and throw Batman into the mix.

It could be great, but there is little reason to hope for that.
Simplebay
AG
instability in production (such as losing writers, moving release dates, etc) can be very telling for the quality of a movie most times.

not to mention the director and producer's body of work up until this point.

that being said, batmobile back looks somewhat good, i suspect most will like this more than the tumbler (which, lets be honest it was a cool concept, but it wasn't a batmobile). the batmobile needs to be sleek, and badass, and not just a tank that runs over everything. hell the batpod was more batman-like than the tumbler. and i thought the flying "The Bat" was a big bag of meh in design.

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 5/13/2014 8:45a).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The problem is that the Marvel Universe exists and the film franchise is amazing. Take all that away, and I'd probably be a lot more excited.

In 6 years' time, Marvel went from a lone flier on Iron Man, starring a guy who up to that time was largely a "what not to do in Hollywood" actor in the minds of most. It could have flopped, but instead it made $300 million and they took their time, putting out the Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Ironman II before getting into the big payoff.

DC, which has IMO, the 2 greatest heroes of all: Supes and Bats, is now playing catch-up, but doesn't even have the hubris to copy Marvel's strategy and build slowly and widely so that when you do get to the big film with everyone in it, it's this massive payoff.

Instead, they make the Superman movie, which I really enjoyed, then sounds like they're going to cram 50 characters into the sequel. We go in with no backstory on Affleck's Batman, and with multiple superheroes in one story, it leans strongly to a plot line where Superman is somehow incapacitated or de-powered, unless the villain is Darkseid or Brainiac, and that's just lame to have him not be powerful.

It makes the studio look greedy (no duh), and disrespectful to the fan base, which is something Marvel has been very careful not to do.
Dr. Horrible
I really hope I am wrong, but it really feels like this one has a very Spider-Man 3 feel to it. I'll still see it, but I'm just not gonna go in with high expectations.
TCTTS
AG
BOOM.

Murder Hornet
AG
Only thing I don't like about that pic is the oversized Bat logo. Other than that it looks really, really cool.
MW03
AG
Really good points, Muck. I should probably recuse myself from the conversation anyway. I'm pretty much a Batman honk ever since my dad took me to see the batmobile in person at a Dillard's in 1989. That movie (plus Kim Bassinger) pretty much clenched it for me.
Red Five
AG
Not sure I'm loving the suit just yet, but the cowl looks good.
Simplebay
AG
how's he gonna turn his head

that suit is not as good as TDKR, but it's a nice iteration change. we'll see how the short ears translate. it's The Dark Knight Returns
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I was trying to place that bat symbol. Good call Simplebay.
Morpholino
AG
Looks good
TCTTS
AG
With the contrast tweaked, the suit definitely looks to be dark gray, while the cowl/cape are black...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/13/ben-afflecks-dark-knight-returns-inspired-batsuit-revealed/

Not a huge fan of the short ears, but I really like everything else so far.

Hard to believe they've started filming and the release is still TWO YEARS (minus one week) away. And that May date will likely change, so it could be even longer. Then again, if they are, in fact, filming this and Justice League back-to-back, it makes sense...
Simplebay
AG
TCTTS
AG
Another, way better look...

fig96
AG
I'm a fan of the suit design, very reminiscent of the Dark Knight Returns as well as the current Batman book being drawn by Greg Capullo.

DKR:

Capullo:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.