Batman vs. Superman

313,837 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hmmm... that actor I linked to earlier - Callan Mulvey - may be up for Metallo, a character I've heard of, but know next to nothing about...

Going from not including Kryptonite at all to introducing a villain that runs on Kryptonite is a pretty big jump.
TCTTS
AG
Lex Luthor to be African American? Justice League to be a "United Nations" of heroes? Interesting, if true...

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie-news/2013/12/5/justice-league-to-be-a-united-nations-of-heroes-and-guess-wh.html/

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/5/2013 6:54p).]
Vander
AG
quote:
Lex Luthor to be African American? Justice League to be a "United Nations" of heros? Interesting, if true...

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie-news/2013/12/5/justice-league-to-be-a-united-nations-of-heroes-and-guess-wh.html/

Warner Brothers has no idea what they are doing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

This has already been confirmed.
Sex Panther
AG
Denzel as Lex Luthor might be the only thing that could be appealing about this movie... Probably still just terrible though.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Denzel as Lex Luthor might be the only thing that could be appealing about this movie...

Agreed. Looks like he's staying as far away from it as possible, though.
Vander
AG
quote:
quote:

This has already been confirmed.

True, but this is over the top, Bioware Mass Effect 3 bad. They could not be doing a worse job if they hired monkeys to write and direct this movie. The sad thing is that if they **** this up then it could literally kill DC Comics in movie form for a long time. The WB is just clueless about why Marvel has been successful.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
The sad thing is that if they **** this up then it could literally kill DC Comics in movie form for a long time.

This is purely selfish, but I kind of hope this happens. I just have no desire at all to watch an endless parade of DC/Justice League build-up, spin-offs, etc. I'm already beyond fatigued as is. Marvel doing their thing is enough for me. And they're doing it the right way, with laser-focus and a plan. WB has no idea what they're doing. They're just making it up as they go. So what's the point? And does anyone truly care about any other DC characters outside of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman? Granted, no one was really begging for an Iron Man movie before Marvel started doing their thing, so who knows. Maybe something like the Flash will be a hit down the road.
Saxsoon
AG
Mass Effect 3 was the most fun game for me in the franchise so I think that is a **** comparison.

My hopes for DC comic book movies are pretty much gone outside of Batman and a normal (non Justice League) Superman movie.
COOL LASER FALCON
What happened to Bryan Cranston as Lex Lu
COOL LASER FALCON
What happened to Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?
TCTTS
AG
That was never official. Just fanboys dreaming.
TCTTS
AG
Kevin Smith and Paul Dini discussing the Batman Beyond movie that almost was...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91188
Vander
AG
quote:
Mass Effect 3 was the most fun game for me in the franchise so I think that is a **** comparison.

My hopes for DC comic book movies are pretty much gone outside of Batman and a normal (non Justice League) Superman movie.

My point had nothing to do with gameplay, rather I was referring to the incredibly lasy ending that invalidated everything you do in all of the games. Literally none of it mattered and you could have screwed up majorly and still been able to get one of the 3 endings. Even with the extended cut, it was still horrifically awful and destroyed the franchise for a lot of people.

[This message has been edited by Vander (edited 12/8/2013 4:08p).]
Simplebay
AG
actually hold on, there may be hope for this movie after all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9LvHrYsG3g

good lord she's attractive.
TCTTS
AG
Damn.

I also recently learned that she did do two years of required service in the Israeli military. So maybe not all hope is lost...
Sex Panther
AG
I assure you... all hope is lost

And who gives a crap about Wonder Woman? What a lame super hero.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It moved.
TCTTS
AG
And now Jason Momoa is apparently in the mix...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/jason-momoa-batman-superman-1200938559/
Gradin
AG
quote:
And who gives a crap about Wonder Woman? What a lame super hero.

She is amazing. I love her in most things

[This message has been edited by Gradin (edited 12/9/2013 8:02p).]
Simplebay
AG
Momoa
AliasMan02
AG
I'm starting to think that this movie doesn't actually get made. Not in this incarnation, anyway.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
And now Jason Momoa is apparently in the mix...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/jason-momoa-batman-superman-1200938559/

FL_Ag1998
AG
Is there some DC villain or hero that hulks around and doesn't speak? And I mean at all. Because that would be perfect for Mamoa.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

I'm guessing all the studio heads/producers/whoever did is exactly what you did...watch that video and decide, "man she's hot, lets make her Wonder Woman". Yeah she's attractive, but still completely wrong for WW unless she bulks up big-time. Hollywood cracks me up when they try to pass off petite women as major ass-kickers. Even Ronda Rousey would get her ass handed to her by most regular-sized, in-shape men. And yes, I know WW has "super powers" so she doesn't have to be huge. But she does need to appear powerful, and this chick doesn't in the slightest.

I'm beginning to flip over into TCTTS' camp and follow this movie's development simply for the amusement factor.

[This message has been edited by FL_Ag1998 (edited 12/10/2013 8:59a).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I'm beginning to flip over into TCTTS' camp and follow this movie's development simply for the amusement factor.

All it's good for at this point.
Vander
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm guessing all the studio heads/producers/whoever did is exactly what you did...watch that video and decide, "man she's hot, lets make her Wonder Woman". Yeah she's attractive, but still completely wrong for WW unless she bulks up big-time. Hollywood cracks me up when they try to pass off petite women as major ass-kickers. Even Ronda Rousey would get her ass handed to her by most regular-sized, in-shape men. And yes, I know WW has "super powers" so she doesn't have to be huge. But she does need to appear powerful, and this chick doesn't in the slightest.

[This message has been edited by FL_Ag1998 (edited 12/10/2013 8:59a).]

Wonder Woman also trains as hard as Batman and is either part God or blessed by the gods. She is, by definition, going to have a lot of muscle tone and a very curvy body. The body type she would have is comparable to the myriad of South American fitness models (large bust, big hips/ass, small waist, lots of muscle definition).

The only way this woman gets that kind of body is with surgery. She could workout hardcore and even do steroids and it wouldn't matter, she just doesn't have the requisite body type. They would have been better served going with a bigger woman but curvier woman and getting her to lose the weight and add muscle.

Hollywood forgets that Wonder Woman's origin is rooted with divinity, which means she going to look like the ideal woman. It's like Superman's origin (just replace magic with science), which, by definition, causes him to be a perfect representation of the ideal man. It's not believable to have either character be played by someone who doesn't represent that ideal. Both characters are iconic because of this. They get it with Superman thanks to Christopher Reeve, but they don't get it with Wonder Woman.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, this girl playing Wonder Woman would be the equivalent of casting Robert Pattinson to play Superman because he's good looking and deciding you can just train him and bulk him up to Superman proportions. They made a good choice with Cavill and even with Affleck IMO, but this choice is just baffling.
BMX Bandit
Christopher Reeve is your ideal male?

And none of it is "believable". It's fantasy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm no f@g, but Christopher Reeve in the first Superman? That's a good looking dude.
Ganondorf
AG
TCTTS
AG
Whoa. Joaquin Phoenix as Luthor...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warners-joaquin-phoenix-batman-superman-1200969925/

Why does WB insist on giving me (a sliver of) hope for this movie???

Then again, this isn't a done-deal....

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/18/2013 2:52p).]
Simplebay
AG
never happening
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Probably won't happen, and I like Pheonix in general, but I don't see him as Lex Luthor. Luthor is cold hearted, calculating, and a socio-path but he's not crazy or ever out of control.

I like Bryan Crayston for the role the most, and I could be surprised, but I just don't trust Snyder or WB with casting.
TCTTS
AG
More confirmation this whole endeavor isn't going so well. Goyer out, Oscar-winning Argo writer Chris Terrio brought in to rewrite. Could just be a scheduling thing for Goyer, but I doubt it...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/batman-superman-chris-terrio-write-666735

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/18/2013 3:46p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.