Batman vs. Superman

313,887 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never understood why Supes doesn't fly away and blast the suit with his heat vision.
YouBet
AG
I've read it and it's good but I don't remember much of it. I recall some female sidekick batman had?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, some chick with a slingshot was Robin.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I've heard that armored suit is lined with Kryptonite Wayne gets from Luthor.
Pretty much the only reasonable explanation for there even being a fight that lasts for more than a few seconds is kryptonite.

Which is my main beef with Superman - too predictable and boring.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Have any of you guys read The Dark Night Returns?

The Batman vs Superman fight from that comic appears to be where they're drawing most of their material for the final showdown in the film.

Yeah, this is straight from that.

And yes, obviously he has kryptonite. Which is why Superman just isn't that cool. He's just too powerful, so they have to come up with something to nerf him.

And I don't get all the love for TDK-Returns. It's ok. But I hated the girl Robin. I hate all Robins. Robin sucks.
agmag90
I keep thinking TDKR is The Dark Knight Rises
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah sorry, that's probably a little confusing
jeffk
AG
Robin does suck.

Some characters become less sucky after they stop being Robin like Red Hood and Nightwing though.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Robin does suck.

Some characters become less sucky after they stop being Robin like Red Hood and Nightwing though.
I thought Batman: TAS and its successors had a great take on Robin, generally.
Simplebay
AG
This is going to be a very short movie, unless....

agmag90
^^ This is pretty cool. Iron Man Batman
AMW2010
AG
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=787379704677662&id=452260504856252&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fvideo.php&_rdr
phatpat21
I like batman...
Will I like this movie? I'm confused
Tmoneyag99
AG
Very interesting video "What if Man of Steel was in color?" It also shows some footage from the BvS teaser:

AMW2010
AG
I've never seen MoS, but wow it looks so much better in color!!!
Dro07
AG
Didn't realize how ****ty the color was. Def looks better in color... More hopeful I guess
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Didn't realize how ****ty the color was. Def looks better in color... More hopeful I guess
I know I've been beating this drum a lot, but this is a great example of a "once you see it, you can't unsee it" issue. You'll now never be able to watch MoS again without noticing the messed up colors.

This link is to a sample of the Despecialized Star Wars project, about color (I set it up to go to the one minute or so of the video they talk about color so you don't have to wade through the whole thing). The "modern" versions of Star Wars are purple. There's no getting around it.

At least MoS was a stylistic choice, and not the fault of lazy or incompetent "special edition" techs.
Aggies76
AG
Supes needs to be the brightest thing on the screen. I don't mind the muted blue suit but that cape needs to be bright red, even in a dark story.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I know I've been beating this drum a lot, but this is a great example of a "once you see it, you can't unsee it" issue. You'll now never be able to watch MoS again without noticing the messed up colors.

This link is to a sample of the Despecialized Star Wars project, about color (I set it up to go to the one minute or so of the video they talk about color so you don't have to wade through the whole thing). The "modern" versions of Star Wars are purple. There's no getting around it.

At least MoS was a stylistic choice, and not the fault of lazy or incompetent "special edition" techs.
Pretty sure the colorization of Star Wars was not an accident. Most movies with fantasy settings have some sort of coloring done.

LOTR looks green:
AliasMan02
AG
The weird magenta isn't original to the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't say it was. Neither was the green tint added to Fellowship. Just saying it wasn't lazy or accidental, somebody made a decision to do that.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Didn't say it was. Neither was the green tint added to Fellowship. Just saying it wasn't lazy or accidental, somebody made a decision to do that.

No, I mean Star Wars never had that tint until they started doing cleanup work on it in the special editions.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I know that. Again, same as FOTR. That was not there before the Bluray.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Wow, and I thought this thread was boring when we were just watching the trailer!
agmag90
Yes, this is a boring tangent, but I think the coloring comment is really interesting. I get that they are trying to follow Nolan's precedent with the dark tone. But I don't think Avengers did any type of dark color tint, did they? I have no issue with the dark tint, it looks good and I think it makes it more believable.
dragonslayer
AG
quote:
My hope for the premise of this Batman v Superman feud is that Luther kills nightwing to open the movie, but frames superman in the process, pulling batman out of retirement and pitting him against Supes in a situation where superman would have reason to hold back and not kill batman with a flick of his wrist as he's just trying to prove his innocence.
This would be a gigantic waste of a great character that has never been used on the big screen and would completely destroy many story lines that could be used in the future.

Awful Idea. Please do not hope for this.

There are so many fantastic Batman story lines where one or a combo of the four Robins have significant roles. We want them to potentially tap into these stories.
Dro07
AG
Agreed. No one would have any connection with night wing so no one would give a crap who he killed at the beginning of the movie other than fan boys
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I sort of wonder if Batman's super suit is a Luthor design, and when Batman wises up, we see Luthor himself, or him and henchmen, in said suit to fight both heroes, or maybe all 4 (WW and Aqua-Drogo). If so, it could actually be Luthor's voice doing the "do you bleed" line from the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Batman can't take 5 minutes to shave?
jr15aggie
AG
Nothing is exciting me about this flick. I'll admit, part I of it might be the fact that so many people already bash it, so it's the popular thing to do. But the criticisms are warranted in some cases. I guess the other is the Marvel universe is way more interesting (for now) and Star Wars. So my nerd meter is sorta full already.
Quad Dog
AG

Is it just me or is there the slightest hint of bat symbol around the eyes?

Batman is often unshaven in comics. He's up all night fighting crime.

Are we going to have another Batman that can't turn his head? Such a small thing that I can't help seeing in the older movies.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm really digging that Batman suit. It's straight out of the comics and such a departure from what we're used to.
Mr. White
I haven't read any of the comics so it reminds me of Patrick Wilson's outfit in The Watchmen.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I don't mind the suit except for the fat bat on his chest and the rigid neck, if he can't swivel his head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.