Batman vs. Superman

313,829 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sounds like a video game?

Yes.

They should just use this for the poster in any case (from comic artist J Scott Campbell on Instagram):

Nonregdrummer09
AG
Why wouldn't they just call it "Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice" that makes more sense since it's supposed to be a Man of Steel sequel. No one is ever going to call it Dawn of Justice with this title, they are just going to call it Batman vs. Superman.

Warner Bros. has not made one decision with this Justice League introduction that has made any sense to me besides casting Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

[This message has been edited by Nonregdrummer09 (edited 5/21/2014 1:04p).]
Simplebay
AG

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 5/21/2014 1:09p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The band Dawn of Justice is really enjoying Google today. dawnofjustice.bandcamp.com/

How about calling it: Batman v. Superman: Beyond the Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel Returns for a Quest for Peace?

Seriously, why do they think they need these long-ass titles. Nobody went to the box office last Christmas and said "Yes, 2 for Desolation of Smaug." They said "2 for the Hobbit."
Nonregdrummer09
AG

[This message has been edited by Nonregdrummer09 (edited 5/21/2014 1:22p).]
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Why wouldn't they just call it "Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice" that makes more sense since it's supposed to be a Man of Steel sequel.

My guess is because for all intents and purposes, Man of Steel was a borderline failure. And with so much money invested, this is a calculated reshuffling and rebranding of the film and entire consequential projects to follow.

It's no longer a Superman movie...

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 5/21/2014 1:19p).]
Simplebay
AG
Man of Steel sequel that has Batman as the first name, and references the birth of the Justice League.

yeahhh, i'd say MoS was considered a flop for WB.
Sex Panther
AG
^ Sarcasm?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
MoS wasn't a flop financially, but the story development wasn't very strong, even though I liked the ideas in the movie about the politics on Krypton, it wasn't well fleshed out and some of the writing was very bad.

I think WB is just scared of getting even further left behind by Marvel and wants to try and just get to JLA as quickly as possible, even if that means sacrificing story development. I'm sure that'll work out fine.

I bet DC really wishes they could control their properties again and make these movies themselves in the way Marvel has.
Murder Hornet
AG
This movie is like one step forward and two steps back every time they announce something new. Bat mobile looks cool and the new suit is pretty good too and then they go and announce this crappy title.

I've got Battered DC Syndrome because I keep coming back hoping it will get better but I think this movie is doomed to suck.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Batman's twitter response:

quote:
The Batman ‏@TheBatman 23m
The official title is “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” Runner up was “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Superman’s Long Hospital Stay.”
TCTTS
AG
Re: Man of Steel - if your tentpole blockbuster doesn't make $1 Billion, it is considered a "failure." I know that may sound insane to some, but that's the new benchmark by which every studio measures success. I'm not talking about all blockbusters, of course, but the mega ones like Avengers, Superman/Batman, Spider-man, Star Wars, Avatar, etc. are definitely held to this standard. Man of Steel didn't even come close to that ($668M), despite WB thinking it would, so they had to retool, hence adding Batman and dropping the Man of Steel title.
Simplebay
AG
http://i.imgur.com/YGKeMn8.png
TCTTS
AG
^ That's pretty great.
israeliag
AG
I'd rather it be Man of Steel II, but this doesn't bother me... although the "v" instead of "vs" is kinda weird.

Are there any "v" villains in DC this might elude to?
Simplebay
AG
V'lana
Val-Ty (Zal-Zan the Grey)
Vernon Boyne
Viridium
Voltaic
Von Tepp
Vox

so....no.
jeffk
AG
Maybe the film involves some landmark Supreme Court case between the two heroes.
TCTTS
AG
BATMAN FIVE SUPERMAN
TCTTS
AG
How Batman vs. Superman Got Its New Title
TCTTS
AG
Seriously though, by the time the first trailer hits, "Dawn of Justice" will be dropped. I haven't seen this much of an uproar over a title since "The Phantom Menace" was announced.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/21/2014 4:01p).]
AliasMan02
AG
Not putting it past DC to have an hour-long court case in the movie.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Here's how I think it went down:

Exec 1: Well, we can't just call it Batman vs. Superman, that just seems like we're not even trying.

Exec 2: Fine. Add something after it, "Dawn of Justice" cause of the justice league and ****.

Exec 1: I don't know, I think it still sounds a little silly, even sounds worse now in a way.

Exec 2: Sigh. I'm already sick of this movie. Just call it Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, I mean we could call it Batman-Superman-**** YOU and people will still come pay the ticket for this piece of ****. **** them who cares what they think of the title we know they are going to see it anyway.

Exec 1: I guess you're right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Batman v Superman, really? Is it a court case?
Sex Panther
AG
They should call it Roe v Wade II because it's gonna be an abortion...

jeffk
AG
*rimshot*
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
some comments in this thread are further proof that a lot of people like movies when they are released because they think they are supposed to and that society might mock them for not liking them. MoS is a perfect example of this. when it came out, everyone seemed to love it. now though, as time goes by...more and more people are coming to terms with the fact that it did not fulfill potential at all and coulda been a much better picture.

for me personally, it was a huge let down. (and I said it at the time)
fig96
AG
Or they enjoy the films on initial release because they're pretty much always a fun ride, then upon further analysis start to see more of the films' shortcomings.
MW03
AG
the hell you say!
MW03
AG
quote:
Maybe the film involves some landmark Supreme Court case between the two heroes.

Maybe Batman is going to prosecute Superman for killing Zod.

ElCheAg
AG
Let me preface my statement by saying I spent the whole day playing golf and then downing a few cold ones.

On Friday of opening week, I fell asleep one third through Man of Steel, and walked out by half time. Just didn't give me the adrenaline rush I needed to overcome my fatigue.

About a month ago, I watched it at home on HBO. I fell asleep again, woke up watched a few more minutes and fell asleep once more.
p-townag
AG
What an awful title. When you put a title on a movie you gotta consider the end result. Who in their right mind would walk up to a theater and say, "I'll take two for 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'?!" Or how about, "Hey man, have you seen 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' yet?"

If you're embarrassed saying the name of the movie to your friends, it's automatically total crap.

Speaking of the opposite of total crap, I finally saw Locke today, and it was fantastic! Tom Hardy is quickly becoming my favorite actor.
Simplebay
AG
you should've believed in Harvey Dent

howitzercannon
Gradin
AG
I am okay with the title. Obviously they are hinting at the Justice League. Why did people not complain about the title "Captain America: The First Avenger"? It is obviously leading into the Avengers.
Bird Poo
AG
So will Batman and Superman be fighting each other?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.