Batman vs. Superman

313,862 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
palmerjerr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol those are nice toys but real batman aint so bulk like ronnie coleman.
Simplebay
AG
More tidbits including they only have the first draft of the script

quote:
We wanted a guy who had a certain age and a certain gravitas to what he had done in terms of his recent work. If you take a look at ‘The Town’ and ‘Argo,’ he plays a couple of serious guys in those movies. He’s a big man. He’s also a mature man. As you see him and Henry [Cavill] together, one definitely has much more experience just by looking at him. That’s what we wanted, particularly juxtaposed against our Superman.

http://variety.com/2013/film/features/charles-rovens-relentless-drive-1200852197/
Simplebay
AG
also shooting to begin in February
TCTTS
AG
If several domain names recently registered by Warner Bros. are anything to go by, these are your (potential) title choices for the-movie-soon-to-be-formerly-known-as Batman vs. Superman (a title that was never official)...

Man of Steel: Battle the Knight

Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness

Man of Steel: Black of Knight

Man of Steel: Darkness Falls

Man of Steel: Knight Falls

Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour

Man of Steel: The Darkness Within

To be honest, I almost forgot that this is technically a Man of Steel "sequel," so it initially took me off guard that they're likely sticking with that title. That being said... some of these aren't half bad. If I had to pick, knowing nothing of the plot, I'd probably go with Man of Steel: Knight Falls (my top choice) or Man of Steel: Black of Knight. If they actually use "Battle the Knight," I won't see it on principle alone, and I'm hoping they stay away from anything with "Beyond" in it for obvious reasons...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90332

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/21/2013 12:20a).]
Sex Panther
AG
el aggie
AG
Was "Man of Steel: Into Darkness" taken?
AliasMan02
AG
Trouble with "Knight Falls" is that "Knightfall" is already an important Batman storyline.
AliasMan02
AG
Just came to a realization on what the movie should be. Nightwing isn't killed, but is wanted for murder. This leads to the conflict between Batman and Superman. Turns out that Nightwing is being hunted to draw out Batman, which leads to the Batman/Superman team-up to get to the bottom of it.

Who is behind this? The Court of Owls. Ben's Batman movie(s) is then centered around this secret society and their desire to seize Gotham from Batman.

I realize that this doesn't involve Luthor, but I'm certain that could be worked out somehow. This is going to basically be a Batman movie, so they might as well embrace it.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Not bad.
Simplebay
AG
Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

They should ditch the MOS. because f superman.
fig96
AG
quote:
Who is behind this? The Court of Owls. Ben's Batman movie(s) is then centered around this secret society and their desire to seize Gotham from Batman.

A take on the Court of Owls storyline from the New 52 Batman could make for a GREAT standalone Batman film.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Man of Steel: The Darkness Within

That title could work really well with these themes. Each character starting from a point of goodness and having circumstances take them down a dark path. Of course, Batman and Superman would redeem themselves, while Luthor goes all the way evil and sets himself up as the master villain we all know and love.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to Fusible, Warner Bros has registered the following domains:
Man of Steel Battle the Knight
Man of Steel Beyond Darkness
Man of Steel Black of Knight
Man of Steel Darkness Falls
Man of Steel Knight Falls
Man of Steel Shadow of the Night
Man of Steel the Blackest Hour
Man of Steel The Darkness Within
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
According to TCTTS' post above yours, Warner Bros has registered the following domains:
Man of Steel Battle the Knight
Man of Steel Beyond Darkness
Man of Steel Black of Knight
Man of Steel Darkness Falls
Man of Steel Knight Falls
Man of Steel Shadow of the Night
Man of Steel the Blackest Hour
Man of Steel The Darkness Within

FIFY
Gradin
AG
I know everyone is divided on Man Of Steel, here is a good review that I think summarizes the good and bad things about it. I like the speech at the end that explains even though why he dislikes the movie, he can certainly understand why people do like it.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/41449-man-of-steel

I am still steadfast in my opinion that I enjoyed and liked this movie.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Gal Gadot officially cast as Wonder Woman...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-1200918310/

Yes, she's hot, but I thought she was a blank slate in the Fast & Furious movies. Though, that could definitely just be the material. Not particularly excited by this news, but I'll give her a shot.
Prime0882
AG
Not sure she has the bosoms to pull off Wonder Woman...
Simplebay
AG
where's the tatas. also, she was very hot in the Fast's

also, they are throwing too much sheet into this movie. it is going to blow. 100%
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. And apparently this guy is legitimately up for a big villain role. With each new announcement, everything about this movie seems to get worse and worse. And it was already deep in the hole the second it existed.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/4/2013 12:01p).]
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I've read rumors of Doomsday being one of two villains in this movie, the other probably being Lex Luthor. Any chance that guy is Doomsday in some capacity?
Simplebay
AG
if they put doomsday and introduce Luthor in the same movie, im done. it's Zach Synder so it's probably going to happen

in fact, why did they even need to put batman in this. put superman in a proper batman movie (ie Gotham City done closer to Burton style)

surprisingly, i'm actually on Affleck's side here, just because he's earned clout. but to be honest i think that he's just "one for me one for them"'ing this one, so he can direct and star in his batman sole reboot. and the fact that Kevin Smith is geeking out about this as much as he is is generally a bad sign.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Doomsday makes no sense in the context of this movie. If he's in it, it's going to be the same as the original Bain treatment from whatever horrific Batman that was.

The girl who played Sif in the Thor movie was such a logical choice for Wonder Woman. Oh well....
israeliag
AG
Israeli Wonder Woman. Me like!
TCTTS
AG
Personally, I would have gone with Lynn Collins from John Carter. Horrible movie, but her role was basically a feature-length audition for WW, and she knocked it out of the park...

Either way, this...

... ain't this...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/4/2013 2:42p).]
Simplebay
AG
damn u synder u are missing 2 crucial things here

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 12/4/2013 3:23p).]
israeliag
AG
Haven't they been saying that "Wonder Woman" won't be appearing in Supes 2, and that it'll just be her alter-ego Diana Prince?

Also: working out. She's got plenty of time to start lifting and doing whatever cross-training regimen they'll have her in order to "fill" the role. And if they could make Angelina Jolie fit in as Lara Croft, I'm sure they'll manage a a way for Gal to fit.

Plus, Wonder Woman is a foreigner, and while I can attest that a Hebrew accent is one of the least sexy accents, so she could fit the bill of foreigner perfectly... if that's a route they take.

[This message has been edited by israeliag (edited 12/4/2013 3:47p).]
dragonslayer
AG
^ while yes she can work out eat a lot of carbs do a lot of legs and squats, unless they give her breast implants she will NEVER fit the role in my eyes...

Funk WB

[This message has been edited by dragonslayer (edited 12/4/2013 4:03p).]
dragonslayer
AG
And now there's a rumor Barry Allen will be in the movie...

This is not a superman or Batman movie. It's a justice league movie in disguise
israeliag
AG
quote:
unless they give her breast implants she will NEVER fit the role in my eyes

Yeah, it'll be disappointing especially considering the movie will be in 3D. And considering as Superman is supposed to be the ideal male, Wonder Women is supposed to be the ideal female. But if she plays the part I think I could look past it (and that's not the Israeli bias talking). I'd be more disappointed in her fitting the role if she was not in very fit shape than not having the cans.

[This message has been edited by israeliag (edited 12/4/2013 4:19p).]
dragonslayer
AG
^^I understand what you're saying and agree to a certain extent.

In a way though, with her lacking meat on her body EVERYWHERE including her knockers, it would be like if Marvel casted Spider-Man as a HUGE body builder

Body types are very important. And she does not have it. Nor will she achieve it. I see more people walking around the A&M campus everyday more qualified (body type wise) than this lady.
Sex Panther
AG
It's like they're trying to blow this
Vander
AG
quote:
Not sure she has the bosoms to pull off Wonder Woman...

Or the hips or the ass or the frame. Wonder Woman has an ideal hourglass figure, I don't understand this decision at all. Terrible choice from a body standpoint. This is like choosing Michael Cera for Superman. She has literally none of the defining features of Wonder Woman. I'm beginning to think the makers of this movie have never read a Wonder Woman comic in their lives.

TCTTS
AG
Hmmm... that actor I linked to earlier - Callan Mulvey - may be up for Metallo, a character I've heard of, but know next to nothing about...

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie-news/2013/12/4/just-who-might-be-villain-in-batman-vs-superman-well-its-not.html/
URDeparted
While I agree that this movie looks doomed so far, I am intrigued about them bringing in a new villain that we haven't seen a film version of.

I hope that report is true. I also hope that Lex Luthor won't be in this film. I think the filmmakers need to stick will "fresh" villains to give this film a chance
Saxsoon
AG
I actually liked MoS, but this looks to be a steaming pile of **** for every additional casting beyond Affleck (which I also like). Every person selected (Gal) or leading the running (the guy from girls) is awful in fitting what these people should be like. They are literally doing the exact opposite of what Marvel has done. I can't think of a poor casting decision they have done.

And if Doomsday is in this

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.