Batman vs. Superman

313,818 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WW looks pretty good. Psyched for Batfleck. Just do not trust the people at WB.
Sex Panther
AG
Maybe it's just the misogynist in me, but Wonder Woman is the lamest and last super hero I'd ever want to see on screen.

The description of Batman in the armor is straight out of The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel. Which is no surprise since Affleck's suit also looks heavily influenced by it.

This movie will still be terrible no matter how pumped the fanboys are at Comic-Con.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Though, the teaser did sound kind of cool. Then again - and I hate to be THAT GUY - but why would Batman be turning on his own signal?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
why would Batman be turning on his own signal?

It sounded like he was using his signal as a searchlight to help spot superman.
That, or they're just being dumb.

DC just tries too hard to be cool. It's like that kid from HS that showed up in a trench coach after The Matrix came out because he thought it would make him cool, but he was still totally void of personality and shallow as hell.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, so true. I mean, it's a cool idea. I like the imagery of turning the on the signal to find a pissed, hovering Superman. And yeah, maybe it was meant as a flashlight of sorts. Still, everything about this production reeks of it being overly dark, gritty and "cool." There's a time and a place for that, but if more of these movies aimed for what Star Trek (from '09) did, that'd be the perfect tone. "Fun" overall, but serious when it needed to be.
FL_Ag1998
AG
WW not nearly muscular enough. Not that I want a female body builder, but WW needs to look like she does Crossfit. This is just a model in a female Greek warrior outfit.
maca1028
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Wonder Woman can be very good if done properly, check out the Wonder Woman animated film DC did a few years ago, it's very good.
AliasMan02
AG
In order for WW to really be done well for the big screen, imo she needs to the Thor treatment. She needs to straight up be the daughter of a Greek god (or made from clay by her mother if they're going old-school). I just don't see how that will jibe with what they have built for this franchise.

I mean, it's not too late. They can still go very magical and epic with Wonder Woman and Aquaman and Green Lantern and all that, but we haven't really seen any indication of any of that.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
check out the Wonder Woman animated film DC did a few years ago, it's very good.

Blanco Jimenez
AG
I'm a self admitted DC fanboy and I'll admit I was not thrilled with the Gadot casting. That said, I think she looks bad ass as WW in the picture.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All I see is her character from Fast & Furious.
Saxsoon
AG
That is actually a lot better than I expected from the costume and Gadot.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm trying to get my buddy that works at Marvel to "fix" the WW pic like he did Superman. Brighten it up, add some color.
TCTTS
AG
Bootleg teaser is apparently about to leak. Here's a screencap...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What in the hell? Is that Batman or Iron Man?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It does look pretty badass though.
TCTTS
AG
I think the idea is that he has "battle armor" when facing off against Superman or something.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/26/2014 4:37p).]
YouBet
AG
Man, Affleck looks significantly larger than Cavill in that pic.
TCTTS
AG
I think that's an actual person blocking the screen. Not Cavill.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Yeah just from the face you can tell that's a huge Frank Miller influence
Seven Psycho Ags
That is definitely his battle armor from the end of Dark Knight Returns
Aggie94
AG
Just tells me that Snyder, back at last year's comic-con, when he said this movie was only taking some beats from The Dark Knight Returns, was full of sh*t.
TCTTS
AG
Still can't believe this footage hasn't leaked...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/26/2014 6:17p).]
AliasMan02
AG
That footage could just as easily be in the first 15 minutes of the movie as the last 15 minutes. No idea what their plan is, here.
Seven Psycho Ags
^^what he said. The armor could be just an homage. I didn't mean it would be at the end or even crucial to the plot
TCTTS
AG
Get it while it's hot!

http://youtu.be/cOd8byxdjwQ
TCTTS
AG
Downloaded the footage, but heading out the door. If there aren't any working links when I get back later tonight, I'll upload then or in the morning.

Have to say, it is a pretty cool spot...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not bad.

I give it 15 minutes.
TajMaballer
AG
Cool stuff! That clip gets me a little more optimistic. It's just that Man of Steel gave me serious trust issues.. Hopefully we are all wrong!

Concerning the very end of the video, hopefully Hardwick can get Channing Tatum on the Nerdist Podcast!
AliasMan02
AG
Good energy in the clip. The emotion comes across well. Still just not sure at all about the story.
G.I.Bro
They're showing the Gotham premiere. I'm jealous. I hope it gets good reviews. Will be anxious to read.
Sea Pony 07
jlb2957
AG
Not going to let these spots and ultimate trailers get me too excited. Man of Steel had outstanding trailers and was a major let down.
fig96
AG
That armor doesn't look unfamiliar...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.