Batman vs. Superman

313,783 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
in a world where he's battling Superman and whoever else

This not meant as a slight at you TC, just the overall ridiculousness of the concept of this movie at times - that someone who has to use a car to get from place to place is going toe-to-toe with Superman.

Envisioning Batman leaping into his car to fight Superman, Superman picking the car up and throwing it into the ocean.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed 100%.
Murder Hornet
AG
We have come full circle...this thread opened with pics of a proposed Batmobile looking like a caddy

I dig the new look, so what if it's a mix of Tumbler/Burton-mobile
Simplebay
AG
stunt car

Vander
AG
quote:
So Superman doesn't poop?

He probably did as a kid, but as he got older and his body absorbed more and more solar energy, he ceased needing to dispense any waste from his body.
Bruce Almighty
AG
So what you're saying is Superman is part plant.
Vander
AG
quote:
So what you're saying is Superman is part plant.

LOL. Yeah his body operates essentially by using superphotosynthesis that is somehow beyond 100% efficient (it's probably like 1 million percent efficient).
TCTTS
AG
Zack Snyder @ZackSnyder
Here's a real picture of the #Batmobile

TCTTS
AG
I obviously need to see it in action/context, but I have to say, this may be my favorite Batmobile yet.
Sex Panther
AG
It does look really cool. And as someone else pointed out, it looks a LOT like the one from the upcoming Arkham Knight game.

Sex Panther
AG
By the way, if you have never played the Arkham series games, you are missing out. They honestly may be the best Batman world/mythos ever. And that includes the Nolan trilogy and Animated Series.
TCTTS
AG
Wow, that is pretty damn close. I haven't been much of a gamer since the '90s, but if there was one to bring me back, it'd be the new Arkham Knight game. It really does look amazing. I have absolutely no legit reason to buy a PS4, but I still find myself wanting one, and this game may be my excuse come 2015.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
doesn't batman not use guns? Cuz those look like guns on the hood. Maybe they're water cannons for the kids?
TCTTS
AG
'89 Batmobile had guns in that movie as well. Used them to destroy a gate or two, if I remember correctly.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Wow, that is pretty damn close. I haven't been much of a gamer since the '90s, but if there was one to bring me back, it'd be the new Arkham Knight game. It really does look amazing. I have absolutely no legit reason to buy a PS4, but I still find myself wanting one, and this game may be my excuse come 2015.

Pick up arkham asylum and arkham city whenever they're on sale on steam (skip arkham origins) and avoid spoilers like the plague. Two of the best games and batman stories I've ever experienced - right up there with Nolan's best. Shows another way batman could potentially be handled on the big screen as well.
AliasMan02
AG
Origins is still a great game, but it's basically just an expansion for Arkham City. Not a leap forward like City was, or Knight will be.
jeffk
AG
Someone needs to go write "WASH ME" on the back window.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What is this, a Batmobile for ants?!
TCTTS
AG
The only two trailers I can think of coming out over a year before their movie's release are the teaser for Super 8 (early May 2010 for a June 2011 release) and Star Trek (January 2008 for what was supposed to be a December 2008 release, but ended up pushing to May 2009). Looks like the teaser trailer for Batman v Superman may be joining those two, potentially releasing 15 MONTHS before the movie itself hits theaters. I'm betting it'll be with the final Hobbit movie mid-December, which WB probably can't pass up...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor_BvS-teaser-trailer-coming-soon-2014_10-23-14.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My guess is it's the footage shown at Comic Con.
TCTTS
AG
^ Sounds like it's more than that. Snyder said that footage probably wouldn't be shown again until the movie. I'm betting this is a proper, minute-and-a-half (or slightly less) teaser trailer with music over various footage.
AliasMan02
AG
Something I thought about when I saw the Ultron trailer last night was how much fun everyone involved, from the studio to the director to the actors to the fans, seems to have with the Marvel universe. It's just the opposite with DC, it seems. The photoshop battle with Star Wars was cool, but in general it's amazing the difference in the whole tone.

Ultron is dark, man. I mean... dark. But still it somehow seems so much more FUN than anything we've seen from DC.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
At this point, DC feels like Burger King to Marvel's McDonalds, just staggering along grasping at ideas trying to compete with #1 in the market.
TCTTS
AG
So dumb. Do we really need to see this scene AGAIN?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/13/batman-v-superman-to-finally-reveal-what-happened-to-batmans-parents/
TCTTS
AG
And this is AFTER Vulture put together this amazing supercut showing every time this scene has already been depicted...

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/gotham-batman-parents-die-shot-waynes-supercut.html

Granted, the script for BvS was completed months and months ago, but still. They could have done a quick rewrite - or better yet, just never have included it in the first place. We absolutely DO NOT need to see this scene again.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
So dumb. Do we really need to see this scene AGAIN?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/13/batman-v-superman-to-finally-reveal-what-happened-to-batmans-parents/

They cannot be seriously doing this again
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

This would be like Episode VII starting with a 40-minute montage of I-VI
israeliag
AG
When will they learn? Seriously, ever time we get a new one it's the same thing! Every time news is released on this film someone finds something no one really thought was a thing to get pissed about and blogs about it without any real idea of what's going on. We get it, we've seen it all before.
Simplebay
AG
only way this is acceptable is if this in done in flashback montage while he is standing in the rain at the grave of his parents. only way.
TCTTS
AG
^ Could be. We know their gravestones are in the movie.
Aggie_Journalist
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
only way this is acceptable is if this in done in flashback montage while he is standing in the rain at the grave of his parents. only way.

Wanna bet they write in Deadshot or some other future movie villain as the killer?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
The only two trailers I can think of coming out over a year before their movie's release are the teaser for Super 8 (early May 2010 for a June 2011 release) and Star Trek (January 2008 for what was supposed to be a December 2008 release, but ended up pushing to May 2009). Looks like the teaser trailer for Batman v Superman may be joining those two, potentially releasing 15 MONTHS before the movie itself hits theaters. I'm betting it'll be with the final Hobbit movie mid-December, which WB probably can't pass up...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor_BvS-teaser-trailer-coming-soon-2014_10-23-14.html

Why do they feel the need to do so? To be relevant I guess? I mean the movie is not competing with Age of Ultron, it's competing with Civil War (coincidentally enough).
wesag
AG
This thread is 943 posts. Just pondering that. Damn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.