Batman vs. Superman

313,881 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Snyder addressed why Grant Gustin wasnt considered for the Flash role.

"Not a good fit"

AKA...He smiles. He's not dark enough.
Dammit Snyder! He should know that Grant Gustin slander is not allowed!
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
quote:
The biggest question mark for me, outside of what seems like a rush to bring these characters together before establishing them, is that Snyder is a director who's capable of fantastic visuals but hasn't shown the ability to tell compelling stories. Fingers crossed that this is the film where he brings it all together.

This
Yup. This has already been covered in the great Bay V. Snyder debate of Page 57 but for me it's not the marketing, or Lex Zuckerberg or my inherent fanboyism. It's just that I don't know if I can ever fully trust a man that made Sucker Punch lol
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Safe to say Affleck is the biggest movie batman we have had I think.

Affleck is the first Batman that truly fits Bruce Wayne phsyically. Bruce is supposed to be like 6'4" 230
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

Affleck is the first Batman that truly fits Bruce Wayne phsyically. Bruce is supposed to be like 6'4" 230

But Batman would never say something as dumb as "Do you bleed?"
D12Lloyd
AG
Bruce is supposed to be 6'2" 210-215 pounds. So Affleck is actually bigger I think. It's also a little strange that the character playing batman is bigger than the character playing superman height wise
JCRiley09
AG
I'm no comics aficionado, but does Superman really need to look hulkish? He's an alien with super human strength... Why would he need muscles aside from the aesthetics in a skin tight suit?
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

batman is a fictional character that changes.

does batman dance?

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He'd say something awesome like, "I'm the Goddam Batman"
Vander
AG
quote:
I'm no comics aficionado, but does Superman really need to look hulkish? He's an alien with super human strength... Why would he need muscles aside from the aesthetics in a skin tight suit?
Superman has always been huge. Kryptonians are essentially the pinnacle of evolution and genetic engineering for a species. Thus, physical attraction and aesthetics would likely play a large part of the overall goal which would include physical and mental abilities.
jeffk
AG
No, he was obviously under the influence of some sort of drug. Probably one of the Joker's dastardly plots.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That just made me recall the "I"m the juggernaut, *****" scene in X3.
TCTTS
AG
Welp. Reviews are in. Every notable fanboy blogger I can find so far basically hated the movie. WB might be in big, big trouble...
TCTTS
AG
I'm posting very vague, non-specific Twitter reviews in the spoiler thread, if anyone wants to take a look. Should be safe for now...
rhutton125
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Welp. Reviews are in. Every notable fanboy blogger I can find so far basically hated the movie. WB might be in big, big trouble...
So.... You're saying that this is equivalent?

BigTimeAlum
AG
Changing the cannon in a significant way on a major villain, and making him a bit character, always fails. This was always going to be a problem as soon as they announced Doomsday. (ahem Bane ahem)

I am still holding out hope, but I was really wanting to see positive reviews.
TCTTS
AG
This movie is still obviously going to have a massive opening weekend. But based on these reviews, it's going to drop off quickly after that. I'm willing to bet WB cancels half of their current DC lineup. I don't think Justice League gets delayed, since it's scheduled to start filming next month, but it wouldn't surprise me...
Bruce Almighty
AG
Get rid of freaking Zach Snyder
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Get rid of freaking Zach Snyder
And bring in Bruce Timm to run the damn thing.
Simplebay
AG
Everything I hear says what we thought. Affleck is awesome. Batman is...different, but still awesome. And that solo flick needs fast tracked.

I'm managing expectations at this point. But I think, sadly, we got a dud.
TCTTS
AG
I've scanned my entire twitter feed since the embargo was lifted. I follow every major critic there is, from super high brow to super fanboy. I seriously can't find a single positive reaction in my entire feed. This is crazy.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I've scanned my entire twitter feed since the embargo was lifted. I follow every major critic there is, from super high brow to super fanboy. I seriously can't find a single positive reaction in my entire feed. This is crazy.

Is it? I dont know anyone who really expected much from this.
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, not "crazy" in the sense that it wasn't expected. "Crazy" for what this probably means for the franchise, now that a decisively negative reaction is likely a reality...
powerbelly
AG
That makes more sense.
jabberwalkie09
AG
On the one hand I think this is probably a good thing because it means that they'll likely dump Synder, Cyborg, Shazam, Flash, and GLC in favor of fast tracking a Affleck Batman film. And from what I read in a couple of reviews, between Affleck and Gal Gadot (though not physically how I would have thought of Wonder Woman as) they give us a couple of good characters.

On the other hand, after DC finishes its films currently in production that might mean almost another 10 years before we get another adaptation of these characters.

I personally think that dumping Snyder could give the DCEU a breath of fresh air. I'd actually almost wish that they would do that and then put someone else in for the JL film.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
I personally think that dumping Snyder could give the DCEU a breath of fresh air. I'd actually almost wish that they would do that and then put someone else in for the JL film.

Cough cough George Miller cough cough
TCTTS
AG
I wonder if WB actually has the balls to drop Snyder less than a month before Justice League is set to go before cameras.
Aggie94
AG
I can't believe anyone thought that BvS would be anything but a wreck. Man of Steel proved (PROVED, I SAY!) that Snyder doesn't get Superman at all, and then they hand Snyder the keys to the entire DC world (which he promptly tries to stuff into one movie). Ridiculous. WB can't get anyone right except Batman.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp.
scubasteve304
AG
Calling my shot: Affleck goes down as the greatest Batman in history (non-animated division) , Gets the keys to the kingdom after Snyder is dumped and proceeds to direct the greatest superhero team up movie set in Boston ever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So I guess TC's insider friend at WB didn't quite pan out?
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'd be all in with him directing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn you and your friend for getting us hyped.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'd be all in with him directing.

I think it's an assumed certainty that he at least directs his Batman flick.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
So I guess TC's insider friend at WB didn't quite pan out?
And yet, I said over and over to take their reaction with a grain of salt because they're heavily involved with the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.