Batman vs. Superman

313,900 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Jrod05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Link is pulled. Darn
TexAgBolter
AG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4fBnWy7Ys
Seven Psycho Ags
I'm trying to keep my hype in check...
Aggies76
AG
Me too Psycho. Please, please let there be a decent story to go along with these awesome visuals.
Simplebay
AG
Haven't yet seen it, anyone got a DL link
TCTTS
AG
Currently uploading to share. Has about 10 minutes left (it's a 205MB file)...
TCTTS
AG
Alright, let me know if this doesn't work for some reason. And please don't go posting this link elsewhere so it doesn't get taken down. For TexAgs eyes only...

http://speedy.sh/GCn3M/BSDOJ.mp4
maca1028
Doesn't work for iOS
TCTTS
AG
I can't help you with iOS. I'm the worst at knowing where/how to upload large files.
fig96
AG
Give me a few to check and I can convert it over, iOS is particular about the flavor of mp4 it'll read sometimes.
maca1028
No big deal for me, I can check it out on my laptop later
fig96
AG
Good, because it's taking about two years to convert
Sex Panther
AG
Like the direction they're headed...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6926235/batman-and-superman-team-up#!bo2y27
Simplebay
AG
wheeee....

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 7/28/2014 3:07p).]
heddleston
AG
quote:
Like the direction they're headed...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6926235/batman-and-superman-team-up#!bo2y27

that was awesome. "WHERE IS THE COMMISSIONER!??!"
Saxsoon
AG
Oh . . . my . . . goodness
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That college humor clip is friggin' gold.
ON THIS PLANET HOPE STARTS WITH AN H

I appreciate the imagery of the clip they showed as it relates to The Dark Knight Returns, but I really have to echo TCTTS' sentiments - why in the world would Batman turn on the Bat Signal - unless it was busted? And why would Superman do his heat vision pre-heat, unless he was going to use it?
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
why in the world would Batman turn on the Bat Signal - unless it was busted? And why would Superman do his heat vision pre-heat, unless he was going to use it?

Because they're more worried about imagery and getting fanboys excited than coherency and logic. We'll see if that mindset carries over into the actual movie, but I'm willing to bet it does.
AliasMan02
AG
He is about to use it. This is the start of the showdown.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
And why would Superman do his heat vision pre-heat, unless he was going to use it?

To heat up an old woman's porridge
Saxsoon
AG
To melt boring **** like a glacier
Sea Pony 07
AG
I'm really begining to think Holy Musical Batmanis going to be a better Batman vs. Superman movie than this one.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Absolute power corrupts Absolutely. That has always been the "interesting" element to Superman. If someone has god like powers, how can they not start taking advantage of them to the detriment of others? Putting Superman in positions that have the ability to corrupt him is where the sweet spot is. That and the occasional cosmic level throw-down.

Batman fits in well with the former and not so much in the later.

Although I do always love the portrayal of Batman as the ultimate detective/strategist. It makes him much more believable in opposition to the super powered. If you put the best brain in the body of the greatest fighter, you've got something to work with.
Aggies76
AG
Interesting comments BigTimeAlum.

I'm having trouble seeing Superman as corruptible, because to me he has always been the ultimate "good", and in my view that doesn't make him uninteresting. But I'm afraid you are right that in this new story with Batman they will need to make him a bit of a bad guy so that this conflict will work. I just hope the writers have enough respect for his character to not take him too far out of my comfort range.
YouBet
AG
He's currently corruptible in the Injustice comic so it's already been done. I'm sure its been done before that as well. It makes sense the way they did it.
Seven Psycho Ags
I liked the Injustice story in the game. That was also an alternate universe Superman, right? Would the "canon" Superman snap so easily?
heddleston
AG
not familiar with Injustice, but what about Red Son? There we saw a commie superman become savior/nanny/supreme dictator and Batman(or a version of him) rebels. could that work?
fig96
AG
quote:

I'm having trouble seeing Superman as corruptible, because to me he has always been the ultimate "good", and in my view that doesn't make him uninteresting. But I'm afraid you are right that in this new story with Batman they will need to make him a bit of a bad guy so that this conflict will work. I just hope the writers have enough respect for his character to not take him too far out of my comfort range.

If you look at Superman as an individual truly dedicated to a cause, however, there's lots of ways to pit him against an opposing force who also thinks he's "right".

He's dedicated to "truth, justice, and the American way", but what if that goes too far? The government might take questionable actions but he supports them because of his allegiance to the cause, or perhaps he finds issue in how those ideals are being upheld a la Winter Soldier.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Red Son is fantastic work, particularly when Lex Luthor defeats him with a piece of paper

I also like the plot line of the Justice Lords episode of JLU, where that version of Superman makes the decision to kill Lex Luthor to keep him from killing millions in the future; then years later we see a Justice League that is a Big Brother figure.

Not sure what they have in mind for this movie. God help me if it's mind control or something stupid like that.
Simplebay
AG
Wayne Financial destroyed?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121368
Simplebay
AG
A touch of grey for Affleck as Wayne....

http://batman-news.com/2014/08/04/first-look-ben-affleck-bruce-wayne-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-set-photos/
YouBet
AG
quote:
not familiar with Injustice, but what about Red Son? There we saw a commie superman become savior/nanny/supreme dictator and Batman(or a version of him) rebels. could that work?

Haven't read Red Son but this is the exact theme of Injustice minus Superman being a Communist.
Vander
AG
quote:
quote:

If you look at Superman as an individual truly dedicated to a cause, however, there's lots of ways to pit him against an opposing force who also thinks he's "right".

He's dedicated to "truth, justice, and the American way", but what if that goes too far? The government might take questionable actions but he supports them because of his allegiance to the cause, or perhaps he finds issue in how those ideals are being upheld a la Winter Soldier.

Superman is not and never has been a government puppet. Anyone who thinks of him as such, clearly does not understand the character. He is a character that will absolutely go against the government if they conflict with his ironclad morality.

However, he IS corruptible and he also has a tendency towards helping too much (see Red Son) to the point where people stop thinking for themselves and get careless.

Think of Superman as the US military and Batman as the NSA. Both are supposed to fight for freedom and liberty, but both have their problems and can easily become corrupted with the right push. Superman has overwhelming force and that scares the **** out of people while Batman is overly paranoid about everything to the point where he regularly develops plans and contingencies for everyone in secret. They are two sides of the same coin.
israeliag
AG
^ So: Superman = FDR; Batman = J. Edgar Hoover
fig96
AG
quote:
Superman is not and never has been a government puppet. Anyone who thinks of him as such, clearly does not understand the character. He is a character that will absolutely go against the government if they conflict with his ironclad morality.

Not at all what I was saying. A government could certainly take and encourage actions that would seem to indicate one belief but actually be advancing another less moral cause.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.