Batman vs. Superman

313,880 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So this movie has batman and superman? Yet another trailer giving away too much of the plot
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm ok with it being really dark and gritty. That's the only way to make Superman not ****ty, imo. But you still need to be subtle with it.

"Should we trust someone who is all powerful?" Is an interesting idea to explore.

"Should we trust someone who is all powerful, has batman in chains and is cool with people kneeling and seemingly worshipping at his feet?" Is a little bit on the nose.
Philip J Fry
AG
Red kryptonite causing supes to be a ****?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
...because when I think of Batman and Superman, I think of a hot, dry desert setting with Batman wearing a duster jacket and Superman with armed guards.

I want to like this movie, but it is just as confusing as f*** right now.
p-townag
AG
In every Batman costume, it's obvious he paints black around his eyes. Yet, every time he takes off his mask, the paint disappears. Just show the black paint already!!
dave94
AG
quote:
In every Batman costume, it's obvious he paints black around his eyes. Yet, every time he takes off his mask, the paint disappears. Just show the black paint already!!

Didn't they show Keaton with the black paint in Returns and it looked really stupid?
p-townag
AG
I'm pretty sure this is Keaton's only unmasked scene:

I am mostly joking about wanting to see the black around the eyes, but how blatant it is does annoy me in a weird way.
dave94
AG
I must be thinking about a behind the scenes photo or something like that.
p-townag
AG
This one?

Quad Dog
AG
Why is Superman always so angry in these movies?
I'm just glad it's shown that Batman can move his head in this costume.
Flashdiaz
AG
interesting, now everybody in that room knows who batman is.... time to kill foot soldiers I guess.
Furlock Bones
AG
that looks ****ty.
BigRobSA
quote:
that looks ****ty.
Yep.

REALLY sh/tty.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The only two explanations for that scene are

a) it's a Batman dream about a world where Superman is a dictator ala Red Son

b) Superman is somehow being controlled by some exterior force to the point that he has designed costumes for his soldiers, built a base in the desert, and for some reason needs guards for his prisoners, even though he can travel a million miles per second, see through walls, fly, and kill people by putting a finger on them.
ViewFromTheSidelines
Couldn't superman just breathe on batman and kill him? Not sure I get the superman vs. batman card - seems a bit one sided.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Couldn't superman just breathe on batman and kill him? Not sure I get the superman vs. batman card - seems a bit one sided.
It is the biggest suspension of disbelief for the entire movie. Even if Superman just wanted to incapacitate Batman, he could do it 5,000 ways from 5,000 miles away.

TC and I discussed it at length when the early production photos came out and the studio was jumping around showing off its new Batmobile because really, imagine Batman jumping in the super cool Batmobile, then imagine Superman picking up said Batmobile with one hand and throwing it into the Indian Ocean.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks dumb. And what a random time for a teaser.
TCTTS
AG
Warner Bros. has In the Heart of the Sea coming out next week, and then Star Wars comes out the week after. I'd say this is literally the perfect time to release teaser/ trailer.
TCTTS
AG
HAS to be a dream. That said, it's one long ass dream, because in the last trailer we see Batman fighting those soldiers either just before or after this scene.
Simplebay
AG
Thought it was already common knowledge this is a dream, Knightmare, ala the skulls in MoS

TCTTS
AG
Oh, wow. Hadn't seen that before. Good to know.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, I have to say, having that as a dream is actually a pretty cool concept. We get to see Bruce Wayne's fears manifested. Superman as a god/dictator ruling an apocalyptic earth is a very real fear many people would have.
agmag90
quote:
Every time he takes of his mask, it should just be another mask
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
with sunglasses on.

Knightmare Batman is the dumbest thing Ive heard since "Dawn of Justice"
dave94
AG
If the rumor about that scene is as y'all say, I don't like the fact that it's being presented as a standalone clip or commercial. Seems kinda cheap.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That's a pretty big bait and switch if all that imagery is from a dream.
Flashdiaz
AG
sounds like something this guy would do:

GiveEmHellBill
AG
An entire teaser trailer that turns out to be from a dream sequence? Really? That's kind of terrible.
The Devil
quote:
sounds like something this guy would do:

Scarecrow has gotten really big in the last few years. Wouldn't be surprised if he pops up again soon in the DCU or whatever we're calling this world. Batman Begins portrayal of him was pretty good, but he was barely "The Scarecrow" that exists in the comics and video games.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I prefer Superfriends Scarecrow, who was quite literally just a scarecrow and whose only discernible power is kicking it while the nerds figure stuff out.

Ag2011
AG
quote:
quote:

YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
quote:

TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the phrase "batman received a vision" has me more scared than anything else ive read about this movie to date.
AliasMan02
AG
Random, but just watched the long trailer again. I feel pretty certain that the Leto Joker is Jason Todd, or maybe **** Grayson in a sort of character mashup with Jason. Batman says in the trailer something about good people not staying good people in Gotham. That tracks with what we've seen of the Robin suit with wounds in the shoulders and apparent matching wounds on Joker. Throw in the early buzz that Batman's semi-retirement was brought on by the murder of Robin, and I think that picture is pretty clear.

Could be wrong, but this is where my money is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.