Batman vs. Superman

313,871 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know what I just realized? It kind of has a very similar tone to the Watchmen trailer
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I can't wait to see batman fight with his "iron man" metal suit on. It will be way different than anything we've seen before especially since he is fighting superman.

Iron Man vs Hulk might steal some of this thunder.

I love the Superman worship angle, though. It's always been a favorite story element of mine.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
You know what I just realized? It kind of has a very similar tone to the Watchmen trailer

Who Watches the Superman?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Meh, I thought that The Watchmen trailer was better.
Simplebay
AG
Liked the addressing superman as a god. Finally.

Didn't like....Gotham as the city in Blade Runner. If thay is Gotham. Tim Burton did do one thing right.
AggieLitigator
Oops. I swear I didn't see the trailer was already on this thread. My bad. Forgive me!
SeattleAgJr
That trailer was the suck. Both quality and content.

Tone is way too dark for a Superman/Batman movie.
SeattleAgJr
quote:

My double post was the suck, as well.
Saxsoon
AG
So the title is Dawn of Justice

I see Origem in place of Dawn in that trailer. Portugese for Source or Originate or To Give Rise to.

It probably means nothing but I thought that was interesting.

Also incredibly surprised by Affleck's voice.
AMW2010
AG
I'm not a superman follower AT ALL... But I am a batfan... And well, that sucked... Especially after watching Star Wars today.. Like SW is on a whole other level... Dare I say, whole other galaxy...far far away...

TCTTS
AG
Kevin Fitzpatrick@TVKevLance
Avengers Trailer: See a fun team get more complex!
Star Wars: See a classic favorite reborn!
Batman v Superman: BLEED ME YOUR TEARS JESUSMAN
AgMarauder04
AG
Whereas the Star Wars trailer made me want that movie here NOW, this trailer had me doubting if I even wanted to see the movie. Very very meh.
D12Lloyd
AG
Waiting to hear a quality version of the trailer, but Affleck sounds like Jigsaw from the Saw movies.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I found this trailer to be Meh and that makes me sad. Probably because star wars had me going 6 to midnight.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Waiting to hear a quality version of the trailer, but Affleck sounds like Jigsaw from the Saw movies.
Was literally just thinking this, he totally does.
Knife_Party
Wasn't sure about this movie beforehand. Still not sure about it.
jackie childs
quote:
WB is in a pickle now too. Do they try (and fail) to squash bootlegs for the next three and a half days, or do they just go ahead and release the official HD version ahead of Monday's event?
i'm not sure what they'll do, but i'm reasonably certain it will be the wrong move
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
WB is in a pickle now too. Do they try (and fail) to squash bootlegs for the next three and a half days, or do they just go ahead and release the official HD version ahead of Monday's event?
i'm not sure what they'll do, but i'm reasonably certain it will be the wrong move
They're definitely porked.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Definitely Meh. DC still feels like the kid that's trying too darn hard to be cool while Marvel (and now Star Wars) are just out there having fun.

And man, what an awful way for the trailer to get out.

If this movie flops (highly unlikely, but possible), how toast would WB be in terms of the DCU they're hoping to spawn from it? Think what Sony was faced with after the most recent Spider-Man made a bunch of money, but still fell far short of its target goals. Might DC/WB similarly try to scrap their plans and start over? Or how big of a financial hole would they be in if that were the case?
gravy97
AG
Did I hear the voice of Mrs. Incredible in there?
Saxsoon
AG
Remember when everyone thought Disney was going to destroy Marvel and Star Wars by mishandling EVERYTHING.

Disney is not looking so bad now huh nerds?
israeliag
AG
Trailer out? I guess I'm no longer participating in this thread...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Remember when everyone thought Disney was going to destroy Marvel and Star Wars by mishandling EVERYTHING.

Disney is not looking so bad now huh nerds?
agmag90
I liked Batman's voice. Will be interesting to see the iron/metal bat suit once we get a full shot. Looked too bulky for me to believe he could do a lot with it. Yes, the trailer did almost remind of a video game, maybe an HD version of the trailer will change that.
double aught
AG
The fact that the trailer has been so mishandled doesn't give much confidence in the film at this point.
Tmoneyag99
AG
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked the trailer. We never really saw how people reacted to Superman in MoS. He just showed up after all these other aliens attacked, so it should be very interesting to see this take.
Hulla Baller
AG
How does this correlate to the last movie? Is Superman corrupt now with his power? Are we supposed to assume he is bad? I'm not really sure what the trailer was trying to tell us.
boy09
AG
quote:
I guess I'm in the minority, but I really liked the trailer.
I thought it looked pretty sweet. But I also liked MoS, so what do I know.. It wasn't until recently I discovered that apparently everyone hated MoS.

It is interesting to see how critical people can be of teaser trailers though..
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
How does this correlate to the last movie? Is Superman corrupt now with his power? Are we supposed to assume he is bad? I'm not really sure what the trailer was trying to tell us.

Not bad, just revered by many people.
Dro07
AG
I didn't hate man of steel i just don't like Ben as batman. Overall i think it would have been a good trailer had it not been leaked when it did. The sense of the trailer was ya i might go watch it while the sense of lets say TFA is here take my money
Aggies76
AG
I don't think Superman is corrupt here. People are fearful of him because he is so powerful, and brilliant minds are trying to destroy him. Right?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Think about it, if someone like that appeared and you saw what they were capable of with the destruction of New York (even though he was helping), the world would be in a frenzy. Some would be absolutely terrified. Many would literally worship him and think of him as a new Christ figure. There would be so many crazy cults on top of the major religions trying to make sense of it and spin him to their beliefs... Is this the will of God? Satan? ...Lord Xenu? The governments of the world would obviously be freaking out over it as well. No one would really know what the hell to do.

He's not corrupt or bad, he just wants to help and at the same time fit in, and he doesn't know how to do that. Batman like many people, just doesn't trust an alien who has the power to kill everyone if he feels like it... And remember Luthor is in this, so obviously by the end he will be the villain and Bats and Supes will figure out they are on the same team. Maybe Luthor figures out how to control him or something.

I'll admit, it's probably the most interesting and realistic idea to explore when it comes to Superman, so we'll see how it goes.
Aggies76
AG
^^
Panther nailed it. This is the "real world" Superman that so many fans have wanted.
Saxsoon
AG
I do think they are gonna nail the Superman that isn't seen as a Boy Scout. Not because he isn't a boy scout, but because no one actually trusts him to be one.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Chalk me up as (a) I liked MoS also and (b) I thought the trailer was fine. My disappointment with the trailer is almost all tied to it being an incredibly ****ty phone cam leak.

Think about this. That piece of **** leaked 3 days early and NOBODY saw the whole SW:TFA trailer in advance. No grainy cell phone, no audio leaks, nothing. Total lockdown.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.