Batman vs. Superman

313,830 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I the only person who routinely forgets that Eisneberg and Zuckerberg are actually in fact not the same person?
jbsj9698
AG
No you're not.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
JESSE EISENBERG AS LUTHOR

No, no, no...
We wanted Heisenberg, with an H...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'd have to see a picture of him with his head shaved before I could pass judgement. First impression is this guy doesn't have the screen presence lex should possess, but I had the same reservation about Heath Ledger so we'll see how he does.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
We wanted Heisenberg, with an H...

As much as I like the casting, this was funny.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I think it's highly likely they have no shaved head Lex Luthor. I just think this is too much shake up for shake up's sake. You want fans to love it then just do the story and cast appropriately.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
The question is whether they can put together a coherent, believable story.

It's cute that you think they care about this, at all.
Saxsoon
AG
Interesting discussion video of some of Ign's entertainment editors about the Irons and Eisenburg casting. Some possible insight into how this came about with Eisenburg and not Heisenburg as well as a more badass Alfred.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/31/batman-vs-superman-what-do-we-think-of-jesse-eisenberg-being-cast-as-lex-luthor
AliasMan02
AG
In some iterations, Alfred is a former British Intelligence analyst and is helpful to Batman in that way, either by having insights or contacts. Other times he has a background as an actor, which can also be useful.
israeliag
AG
Something about Jesse Eisenberg's acting always takes me a while to get to believing him as his character. I think it's his voice.
MrPlow2010
AG
Pretty funny video of Jesse Eisenberg clips vs Superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIntDen7fv0
TCTTS
AG
Pretty good article about Eisenberg as Luthor. Specifically, the idea that he could be an audience surrogate of sorts; a voice for those critical of Superman's depiction in the first movie...

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/who-is-jesse-eisenberg-really-playing-in-the-man-of-steel-sequel
Simplebay
AG
HvilleAggie
Vander
AG
Eisenberg has the smug, genius ******* down perfectly. He's a perfect choice for a modern Lex, who is likely to come from the Tech scene.
Simplebay
AG
According to Forbes, Goyer out and Chris Terrio (Argo) is in. And the film has officially started rebranding
Noblemen06
AG
Can you explain, Simplebay? Rebranding as in abandoning the Batman vs Superman title or what?
AliasMan02
AG
Here's the article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/02/01/how-warner-is-rebranding-batman-vs-superman/

Basically, sounds like they're changing a bunch of horses mid-stream. Much of it looks that it might be to appease Affleck, or Affleck is flexing his muscles a bit for some more influence, or something.

Also looks more and more like a lot of the character buzz we've seen might get pushed to the JL movie and the BvS might be a little bit smaller.

Bottom line is I don't think anyone at WB knows what the hell is going on and they're trying to figure it out as they go. They've cast all these parts without a script. When was the last time THAT was a great idea?
Jim01
AG
quote:
They've cast all these parts without a script. When was the last time THAT was a great idea?

This reminds me of The Tourist. My friend was an assistant editor on that and he said they all knew it was horrible and tried to convince the director of that fact but he just would not listen to reason.

Then when it was coming out I read an article with Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck (the director), Depp and Jolie, where they all said the exact same thing. "I really wanted to work with (blank) and (blank) and it seemed like fun... but the script needed a lot of work." When you director and two stars agree the script sucks, then what the hell did you all expect would happen???
Aggies76
AG
Pardon my ignorance about all things Hollywood, but how can there not be a script if shooting has already begun?
Simplebay
AG
Zach Synder.

also, Iron Man's 3rd act was written during production
Vander
AG
Dwayne Johnson as Green Lantern (John Stewart). Interesting choice if true, but he could easily pull it off. He may be the only case in history where an actor would need to lose muscle mass for a superhero role. Granted it could easily be played off consider John Stewart is a more serious character and is just ridiculously devoted to training as a marine.
Simplebay
AG
fan made

HvilleAggie
TCTTS
AG
"Tom Hanks Could Have Been Lex Luthor"

Interesting...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/02/05/tom-hanks-could-have-been-lex-luthor
TCTTS
AG
Honestly don't know if I could come up with a worse potential title...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=94086
Red Five
AG
They should just call it "We have no idea what we're doing! COMICS!!!"
YouBet
AG
Title is stupid. They are sandbagging with that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fight or Flight is either an app or a taco bell giveaway.
TCTTS
AG
^ Has to be.
Saxsoon
AG
Simplebay
AliasMan02
AG
Tom Hanks would have hit the Luthor role out of the park. That would have been REALLY interesting. Take the classic "good guy" and let him play Lex that way for most of the movie, then at the climax give him a truly terrible, horrifying racist, hate-filled tirade against Superman. Could have been great.

I like the Eisenberg casting as well, but Hanks would have been a much different animal, and very interesting to see (assuming he's not reading Lucas-esque dialogue).
PatAg
AG
Tom Hanks to old for the role.

Was I the only one that had faith the Ledger would be a good joker? Not that I imagined him being quite so insane, but I trusted his acting chops. He always had a presence in the movies he was in. Pretty big knock on eisenburg, because he has no presence really.
TCTTS
AG
Latino Review with exclusive details on Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, plus a few details on the set-up of the plot...

http://latino-review.com/2014/02/exclusive-just-exactly-lex-luthor-batman-vs-superman/

Actually sounds kind of cool, but who knows how they'll ultimately handle this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.