Batman vs. Superman

313,864 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let me guess: Luthor manipulates batman and superman into fighting each other, then WW discovers this manipulation under the guise of her alter ego and reveals Luthor's duplicity to Supes and Batman right before one of them can finish the other off. They make up just in time to face the real threat, which is a Luthor-built Doomsday revealed at the movie's finale. I bet WW's alter ego is even friends with Bruce Wayne, and her background is Kyrptonian, to help her play peacemaker.

At least it looks like they're having batman pursue superman, and not the otherwise around, as I'd hoped. The use of WW might just work out well, too.
BassCowboy33
quote:
1) I think Perry White had as many lines in the trailer as he did in MoS

2) Why does Superman have to wear his costume to the senate hearing? Why not just wear blue jeans and a t-shirt to win some support.

3) I actually kind of dug Wonder Woman's brief appearance there.

4) Still a little frustrated that if B and S were to actually fight; S could take B and throw him into another solar system if he really wanted to, so how is this really even a fight?

Doesn't Superman wear the suit to...keep his identity a secret? People might get confused if Clark Kent showed up to a Senate hearing.

Batman has some kind of armored suit as seen in the trailer. There's a reason for it in the comics. He gains access to some sort of foreign substance (I don't think kryptonite). Either way, I imagine that it'll be explained in the movie. People freaked out at MoS when it showed him walking in handcuffs in the trailer.
BassCowboy33
I love the tone of these movies. I like the idea of exploring real world consequences for actions and exploring the human cost of these things. That's one thing about the Marvel Universe that never sat well with me: the idea that cities can be destroyed and mayhem caused, but it's all good by the next film. This seems like a much more likely reaction by the people of the world.
BassCowboy33
quote:
I mean, really, this is actually something that's in this movie. Is there any precedent for this in the comics?

http://i.imgur.com/nbVqCwT.jpg

this could be a lot of different things.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Let me guess: Luthor manipulates batman and superman into fighting each other, then WW discovers this manipulation under the guise of her alter ego and reveals Luthor's duplicity to Supes and Batman right before one of them can finish the other off. They make up just in time to face the real threat, which is a Luthor-built Doomsday revealed at the movie's finale. I bet WW's alter ego is even friends with Bruce Wayne, and her background is Kyrptonian, to help her play peacemaker.

At least it looks like they're having batman pursue superman, and not the otherwise around, as I'd hoped. The use of WW might just work out well, too.
I really hope they don't turn her into a Kryptonian
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:

I'm interested to see how they fit Aqua Man into the story line. Hope the film sticks with that dark, gloomy feel. The big problem with most comic book movies is they feel exactly like comic book movies.
Simplebay
AG
Word on the street is that it's Grayson who is killed, not Jason Todd.

I could see Snyder doing this.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Word on the street is that it's Grayson who is killed, not Jason Todd.

I could see Snyder doing this.

Makes sense. I doubt most casual fans know there are multiple Robins.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Remember how in Man of Steel, when Clark first discovers the scout ship / Fortress of Solitude in the arctic, and the camera lingers on that opened pod for a split second? That Kryptonian scout ship had been under the ice for thousands of years, and I'm guessing whoever exited that pod is a descendant of Woman Woman. Whoever's blood line that is, I'm betting it eventually led to a race of super-Amazonian women or whatever. And I'd actually be cool with that if so.
TCTTS
AG
In fact, I think there was a MoS prequel comic that focused on the story of that ship, and it was a female El who crashed/escaped. So the super-Amazonian tribe of woman might be in part related to one of Kal-El's great great great great (etc) aunts or something like that.
Saxsoon
AG
I might be ok if that was the reason. I would hope they at least keep the Amazonian part. DC needs to just own their history like Marvel, not shy away from it
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm interested to see how they fit Aqua Man into the story line. Hope the film sticks with that dark, gloomy feel. The big problem with most comic book movies is they feel exactly like comic book movies.
Totally disagree. DC has turned Superman dark and gritty because they seem to think that's the only thing that works because it worked for Nolan's Batman films.

There's a wide range of tone in comics and some films have embraced that. I feel like DC is giving us Batman's world that everyone else happens to be living in.
jeffk
AG
Agree with that 100%, but in some ways it was the grittiness of Batman that made his stories 1000x more interesting than most of Superman's.
jbirdag96
AG
quote:
In fact, I think there was a MoS prequel comic that focused on the story of that ship, and it was a female El who crashed/escaped. So the super-Amazonian tribe of woman might be in part related to one of Kal-El's great great great great (etc) aunts or something like that.
I just watched MoS yesterday and noticed that as well...about the empty pod. I wondered if they'd spin it into Supergirl or something, but your theory sounds even better.
jeffk
AG
I hope the pod contained Superdog.
Duncan Idaho
Batman is my favorite super hero because he is flawed aND vulnerable. As a result the movies have typically been compelling.

Superman is my least favorite superhero because he isnt flawed or vulnerable. As a result the movies have always been boring.

So I am curious to see how this comes out.
D12Lloyd
AG
I think Snyder confirmed the pod contained Kara Zor-El/Supergirl
YouBet
AG
quote:
I mean, really, this is actually something that's in this movie. Is there any precedent for this in the comics?

Regarding the storm trooper looking guys, yes. In the Injustice story line Superman essentially becomes a global dictator and has these henchmen enforcers. They look like they are straight out of that story line.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Regarding the storm trooper looking guys, yes. In the Injustice story line Superman essentially becomes a global dictator and has these henchmen enforcers. They look like they are straight out of that story line.

I can see where you're pulling that from, but that would seem to be an odd direction to take with the overall storyline. Injustice pretty much just turns Superman into a bad guy and I can't seem them making that choice with one of their star characters.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some images pulled from super hero hype.

Bruce Wayne doing Crossfit.

Tough journalism professor.

Wow, you're saying you don't even use conditioner?

And introducing MIchael Shannon as lifeless corpse

Was Robin a hockey player?

Batman vs. Superman vs. Cowboys vs. Indians?

Really thought this was Nic Cage when I first saw it.

Black guy should be a meme.

Unobtanium?

Lois Lane doing some more "reporting"

Now Im standing too. We're all standing. Like a bunch of jackholes.
fig96
AG
quote:
Agree with that 100%, but in some ways it was the grittiness of Batman that made his stories 1000x more interesting than most of Superman's.
I think he's just a more interesting character too. I can name half a dozen fantastic Batman graphic novels off the top of my head, can't think of more than a handful of Superman stories even in the same ballpark.

I realize they're trying to create a cohesive DCU, but I'd love to see a retro Superman set in the 50s or 60s. They could really play off the classic Americana aspect and do some fantastic period design of the architecture, cars, tech, etc.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I can see where you're pulling that from, but that would seem to be an odd direction to take with the overall storyline. Injustice pretty much just turns Superman into a bad guy and I can't seem them making that choice with one of their star characters.
Based purely off of the trailer, it seems as though Luthor has something on Superman. Maybe he takes Lois and his mother. Has the Kryptonite, etc, and promises Supes can protect the world as long as he doesn't interfere with x,y,z. This leads to the final confrontation with Batman, when he's ordered to take Wayne down. The guards could be Luthor-supplied cronies to keep an eye on Superman while still "serving" him.
agmag90
Who sells gas in Gotham City? Gotham City Gas, of course!!!!!!
Sea Pony 07
AG
quote:
Was Robin a hockey player?

Tim used a staff. Looks to me like this version of Batman retired when Robin (Jason?) died.
YouBet
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I'm not thinking they pull that exact storyline. Just the idea and look of the henchmen serving or following him as a cult.
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:

It was based on the character Kara Zor-El (Supergirl). Here is a link to the prequel comic:

http://m.imgur.com/a/mMCZm
BassCowboy33
So, we're not bashing this movie based on 2.5 minutes of cropped together sequences that don't tell us much about the actual storyline? Crap. I had high hopes for some TexAgs drama queens.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I'm not thinking they pull that exact storyline. Just the idea and look of the henchmen serving or following him as a cult.
Right, I'm with ya.

The "disciples" idea might be a nod back to drawing from Dark Knight Returns again, the Sons of Batman and some of those concepts.
fig96
AG
quote:
So, we're not bashing this movie based on 2.5 minutes of cropped together sequences that don't tell us much about the actual storyline? Crap. I had high hopes for some TexAgs drama queens.
Thanks so much for a useful contribution to the thread.
jeffk
AG
Just finished "Hush" on our road trip today. Really solid standalone Batman-Superman story.
fig96
AG
quote:
Just finished "Hush" on our road trip today. Really solid standalone Batman-Superman story.
I'm 2/3 of the way through this in Comixology and need to finish it.
Dro07
AG
Hush was a great story
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think I'm up to five, the number of times I've watched this trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Phat32

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.