Batman vs. Superman

313,889 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
new image in Clark Kent mode. be interesting to see how he pulls of Clark. I don't think Cavill has the chops/charisma to pull it off.

I think you're crazy. Cavill is great. I have full faith in him. It won't be the bumbling Kent of the last go-round, but will be great in any case.
Aggies76
AG
I agree with you Alias. Whatever was wrong with Man of Steel, it was not Cavill.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I agree with you Alias. Whatever was wrong with Man of Steel, it was not Cavill.

This.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Snyder was what was wrong with Man of Steel.
fig96
AG
Cavill is kind of ridiculously pretty to play the bumbling news reporter though.

I still like my idea for Superman: do a retro Mad Men styled take on the character. Very art deco, upscale Metropolis, have tons of fun with the production design of the city, cars, and amazing robots and devices from Luthor.
AliasMan02
AG
They'll portray Kent as the intrepid reporter who is really good at his job, rather than the bumbler, this time around.
TCTTS
AG
Latino Review with a scoop on the three secondary villains in the movie, including who Scoot McNairy is likely playing...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-meet-three-other-bad-guys-that-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should let CCH Pounder play Amanda Waller since she already did the voice for her in JLU.

She had some crazy bad-ass scenees when she was Det. Wyms on The Shield.

fig96
AG
quote:
Latino Review with a scoop on the three secondary villains in the movie, including who Scoot McNairy is likely playing...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-meet-three-other-bad-guys-that-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Do we have a running number of characters in this film? I feel like we're going for a new record.
TCTTS
AG
I'm not defending this movie at all, but it's probably no more than Watchmen had. The vast majority of these characters are only going to be in a couple scenes, if even that. Gal Gadot is already apparently finished shooting all her Wonder Woman scenes, at least for BvS. Even her character won't have that much of a presence.
fig96
AG
quote:
I'm not defending this movie at all, but it's probably no more than Watchmen had. The vast majority of these characters are only going to be in a couple scenes, if even that. Gal Gadot is already apparently finished shooting all her Wonder Woman scenes, at least for BvS. Even her character won't have that much of a presence.

True, but Watchmen had them in an already critically acclaimed graphic novel. Can't say I've got the same confidence in this one

I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but it's not that a film can't accommodate a large number of characters, it's that this particular one seems to be shoehorning in every possible one with the intent of building a franchise in one shot.

But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

TCTTS
AG
Agreed. And that's a good point.

Something else to consider is that this and Justice League are apparently being shot back-to-back, so any of these characters could be for that movie as well. No one really knows the exact schedule or gameplan (we should find out at Comic-Con in a few weeks), but they might even be shooting Justice League scenes right now here and there.

My only point is, consider all these casting announcements to be for one, long, five-hour movie that's being split in two instead of just for BvS.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/3/2014 1:13a).]
Saxsoon
AG
This movie is completely redeemed if they cast Amanda Waller
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Supes

[This message has been edited by Nonregdrummer09 (edited 7/3/2014 7:11a).]

[This message has been edited by Nonregdrummer09 (edited 7/3/2014 7:13a).]
Simplebay
AG
Gotham?
MarceloD
I'm sure someone has brought it up, but I can the Superman/Batman movie as a way to introduce other Justice League characters like Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. Maybe they shoudln't have huge roles, but it would be fun to see them in the movie as a cameo.
Aggies76
AG
That Supes picture, wow. Looks like they've tweaked the suit a little with that belt. Really dark moody feel to that pic.
Simplebay
AG
veryyy interesting-

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-meet-three-other-bad-guys-that-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter
TCTTS
AG
Check a few posts up, Simplebay.
Simplebay
AG
lol sorry CCH Pounder totally made me miss that one. blame her
Sex Panther
AG
Wasn't Amanda Waller in Green Lantern?

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 7/3/2014 1:20p).]
TCTTS
AG
^ Yeah, I think she was Angela Bassett's character.
Simplebay
AG
full swing in Detroit?

http://imgur.com/a/hdWSD
AgMarauder04
AG
Waller has also been in Smallville and Arrow.
AliasMan02
AG
One of my buddies who works for Marvel, Scott Johnson, "fixed" the earlier Supes image.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks like your buddy is one of the reasons Marvel gets things right more often than DC.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i like how people have finally come around to Man of Steel not being a great film (as many of those same people swore it was when it first came out).

i said it upon first viewing at the theater when it was released and nobody around here seemed to agree at the time...it was a very very underwhelming, uninspiring, unfullfilling, falling way short of its potential film.
Aggies76
AG
quote:
it was a very very underwhelming, uninspiring, unfullfilling, falling way short of its potential film.

Aside from all that it was a great flick.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I really enjoyed MoS up until the final battle with Zod, which was just boring. I thought the stuff on Krypton was phenomenal, and the updated take on the Fortress of Solitude being the scout ship, was really strong either.

Couldn't stand AA as Lois Lane, and didn't see the point of an actor as strong as Fishburne being used in a nothing role as Perry White.

That being said, there were plenty of things I didn't like about Batman Begins either, and that series turned out OK.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I liked MoS (partly because of the "feel" of it, and partly because of Cavill), but it didn't live up to the greatness that it could have been because it suffered from the same affliction that I feel BvsS is going to suffer from - it was rushed. Overloaded. They crammed too much in, and by doing so didn't really do justice to any part of what they stuffed into it.

Let's see - Superman is born, shipped off to Earth, Krypton is destroyed, Supes is raised by the Kents, discovers his abilities and grows into them, loses his Earth father, goes on a walk-a-bout to discover himself, discovers his alien past, decides to become "Superman", Zod discovers where Supes is, Zod threatens to destroy Earth, Lois Lane discovers who Supes is, falls in love with him, Supes fights Zod, destroys a town and a major city, reveals himself to the world, and finally gets a job at The Daily Planet.

All in THE VERY FIRST MOVIE.

Yeah, anybody with half a brain can tell you that's rushing things, yet not only did they do it anyway, but they seem intent on speeding up the process and making JUST THE SECOND MOVIE even busier.

Sigh.
fig96
AG
quote:
One of my buddies who works for Marvel, Scott Johnson, "fixed" the earlier Supes image.

Studio exec: No, that's all wrong. They have to be DARK, like the Batman movies that Chad Nolan did. One of those made over a billion for us. So yeah, darker, that's what people want to see.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Fl_Ag, was that not essentially the plot line of Chris Reeve's first Superman movie?
toucan82
the 1st one was Lex Luthor using a nuke to drop California into the Pacific so he could sell beachfront property in Arizona

Zod showed up in the 2nd
FL_Ag1998
AG
Its been awhile, so had to refresh myself on the first two Superman movie plots. But basically no, all that was crammed into MoS was spread out between Superman I and II. There are differences of course, like the addition of Luthor into the I and II movies. But Lois didn't find out Clark was Superman until the end of II, and even then Superman erased that memory from her mind. And I don't think she fell for him until the second one. Plus, Zod and his henchmen didn't show up on Earth until II.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I think MoS could have been greatly improved simply by removing Lois. Or at the very least just make her a minor character who just begins to delve into the Superman myth/story towards the end. MoS should have been strictly about Clark becoming Superman.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.