Batman vs. Superman

313,804 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Latino Review with some news on the Batsuit. Kind of confused by this description, though. Anyone have a better idea of what's being described? Sounds like a lot of silver/white with black underneath? Huh?

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/quick-update-armored-batsuit/
fig96
AG
Batman had a suit of armor in the Dark Knight Returns, but I don't know that it matches the description much more than in the colors.

fig96
AG
Also, armor from Kingdom Come:

Simplebay
AG
hate both of those. white eyes. caps closes in the FRONT. they'll never do it but they should

TCTTS
AG
Seems Cavill is already in Detroit, training, and either preparing to film fairly soon or filming has already secretly begun. Either way, the 10-month bit is definitely noteworthy if true...

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/spent-night-superman-spilled-goods/
israeliag
AG
Maybe they are filming some winter scenes that they can't afford to delay?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This seems like an absolute cluster****.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I've read several articles claiming the delay is NOT happening and that the shoot will begin on schedule. Even mentioned Affleck having to postpone a TV pilot he's involved with and directing for FOX.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's looking like only the release date was delayed, and not filming. Which, IMO, points to Justice League being squeezed in as well. I don't care how big the production is, or how complicated the effects, you don't start filming 27 MONTHS in advance for just one movie. That's insane.
Simplebay
AG
JESSE EISENBERG AS LUTHOR
Simplebay
AG
I'm ok with Jeremy Irons as Alfred, as long aa Alfred is a psycho
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this officially announced? Give us some damn context to your posts. And/or a link.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty clear you type up something as quick as possible in order to be the first to post, instead of making good posts when official news is announced.

In any case, this seems to be official. Definitely not one anyone saw coming, but then neither was Affleck I suppose.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jesse-eisenberg-jeremy-irons-superman-batman-movie-warner-bros/

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 1/31/2014 12:10p).]
TCTTS
AG
Honestly... I think Eisenberg as Luthor could prove somewhat brilliant (note, I said "could"). Luthor of today would be more of a Zuckerberg-genius type, less of a mustache-twirling, real-estate-tycoon-genius type.

I'm kind of on board with this, knowing full-well it'll likely blow up in their faces. But again, at least they're trying something different...
Sex Panther
AG
After my initial 'wtflolz' reaction, it actually kind of seems like an interesting choice. He has a kind of sinister air to him in the Social Network, which has to be their inspiration for their choice. I just hope he tries to expand his range a little bit, and not be typical "Jesse Eisenberg". Which I'm not sure he's capable of. Also, how the hell is his age going to work? He's barely 30.

Jeremy Irons will be a great Alfred.

This movie is still going to be horrible.
TCTTS
AG
From The Wrap, who I think had it first...

http://www.thewrap.com/batman-vs-superman-adds-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-jeremy-irons-alfred/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Honestly... I think Eisenberg as Luthor could prove somewhat brilliant (note, I said "could").

I can see it too. Obviously going for a Mark Zuckerberg-type villain, which makes sense for this era.

You never know, could be the next Ledger as Joker performance...
Sex Panther
AG
Agree TC. They are thinking evil Zuckerberg all the way, and I believe this is a strong effort on their part to go outside the box and try and go for a homerun... but ultimately it's just not gonna work.

I bet they are thinking this could be their Heath Ledger's joker. Which was a universal wtf?! at first too.
Sex Panther
AG
great minds and all that Brian Earl
TCTTS
AG
^ Agreed.

Also, how long 'til The Social Network / Man of Steel fan-edit trailers start hitting? End of the day? Next hour?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"You're not an *******, Lex. You're just trying so hard to be."
TCTTS
AG
Interesting idea from Devin at BAD...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/01/31/jesse-eisenberg-is-lex-luthor-in-batman-vs-superman/

Lex being this young COULD mean he's inherited his fortune rather than being a self-made-man. If so, maybe we're getting more of a petulant, trust-fund pr*ck, which could be interesting as well...
Sex Panther
AG
If you guys were the inventor of a kryptonite suit, you would've invented a kryptonite suit.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 1/31/2014 12:27p).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
"You're not an *******, Lex. You're just trying so hard to be."

quote:
If you guys were the inventor of a kryptonite suit, you would've invented a kryptonite suit.

Ha, this stuff writes itself. Half his dialogue from that movie could be easily used.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 1/31/2014 12:29p).]
Sex Panther
AG
What is Lex's background? I remember from the show Smallville, he was Lex Luthor Jr. Is he self-made in some canon, or is he usually the heir to the Luthor throne?
TCTTS
AG
Totally forgot about him being an heir in Smallville.

But yeah, I think he's self-made in most iterations. Don't really know much about his background other than that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I just think this whole movie is turning into a train wreck. They had to move it back a year, which is another year with a ton of Marvel stuff and no DC, and they kept Zach Snyder and David Goyer, and now this casting with Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenburg, I just don't see it at all. The difference with Heath Ledger is that Christopher Nolan is a proven great film maker, and Zach Snyder is hit or miss at best. I'm ok with Irons as Alfred although I'm not sure if it's a great casting for an important side character.

Anyway, I just think WB is using a lot of in-house talent and not thinking clearly about how to do this. It's too much catch up with Marvel and I think it's going to end up being too much.
Aggie94
AG
Hell, Jeremy Irons is more intimidating than Affleck, while we're at it.
Saxsoon
AG
I am on board for Jeremy irons. Eisenburg I knew would cause the internet to implode. He also was a ***** island self serving know it all in the magician heist film now you see me.
Simplebay
AG
Eisenberg is not a good fit. it's outside the box. it is completely miscast.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
Also, how the hell is his age going to work? He's barely 30.

So is Cavill. Makes sense to have them be the same age.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
I just think this whole movie is turning into a train wreck. They had to move it back a year, which is another year with a ton of Marvel stuff and no DC, and they kept Zach Snyder and David Goyer, and now this casting with Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenburg, I just don't see it at all. The difference with Heath Ledger is that Christopher Nolan is a proven great film maker, and Zach Snyder is hit or miss at best. I'm ok with Irons as Alfred although I'm not sure if it's a great casting for an important side character.

Anyway, I just think WB is using a lot of in-house talent and not thinking clearly about how to do this. It's too much catch up with Marvel and I think it's going to end up being too much.

I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Imagine if they had done Avengers right off the bat without first doing Iron Man, Cap and Thor? Would the reaction to those casting decisions have been any better? Guy who played Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four movies is going to play Captain America...Scarlett Johanson is going to be Black Widow...Tom Hiddleston (virtual unknown) will be Loki, the main bad guy. Young unknown who's only claim to fame is 10 minutes as Capt Kirk's dad will play Thor...Samuel L Jackson will be Nick Fury (before Marvel rebranded him to look like SLJ).

Try as I might, I had to delete several lines I tried to type along the lines of "actor who has a horrible track record of being drunk/on drugs"...."guy who's barely out of rehab".....but each time it was like "Yeah, Robert Downey Jr was perfectly cast for Tony Stark".

Oh, and lest I forget, a guy who's done mostly comedy/romance movies, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk? He was probably the biggest freak out of that casting.

[This message has been edited by FTACO97 (edited 1/31/2014 2:46p).]
BigTimeAlum
AG
I think the actors will end up being fine (Wonder Woman being the biggest question for me). The question is whether they can put together a coherent, believable story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.