Batman vs. Superman

313,866 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
When the Justice League does come together for their movie, which villain do y'all think they will fight?

Darkseid (Thanos)
OR
Brainiac (Ultron?)
Is Doomsday suppose to be making an appearance in Batman vs Superman?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
When the Justice League does come together for their movie, which villain do y'all think they will fight?

Darkseid (Thanos)
OR
Brainiac (Ultron?)

That's the rumor. Is he powerful enough as a single force to need the whole JL?
nickstro66
AG
Good point. I was wondering if they'd bring him along later on in the DCU to kill Superman. That'd be epic to watch on the big screen.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
This is pretty beautiful.

I'm almost more drawn to the stark difference in the cities behind them.
I noticed that too, interesting stuff.

As far as villains, Braniac/Darkseid/Doomsday are the ones that immediately came to mind. We could also have some master Luthor plot which could potentially tie into Braniac or others.
jeffk
AG
Can't remember the name of the storyline, but someone steals all of Batman's files on the Justice League members and uses his plans to neutralize them against them. Was a pretty interesting twist and painted Batman as the genius detective well.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Can't remember the name of the storyline, but someone steals all of Batman's files on the Justice League members and uses his plans to neutralize them against them. Was a pretty interesting twist and painted Batman as the genius detective well.

Doom. Vandal Savage did it to take out the JL so they couldn't stop him. Might make a good JL2, but not first challenge. You could even make it a 2 parter. Part 1 is each JL getting taken down and things look dark (a la Empire Strikes Back) and part 2 is rallying and victory.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Doom. Vandal Savage did it to take out the JL so they couldn't stop him. Might make a good JL2, but not first challenge. You could even make it a 2 parter. Part 1 is each JL getting taken down and things look dark (a la Empire Strikes Back) and part 2 is rallying and victory.
Yeah, I enjoyed that one as well, something from that storyline could make for an interesting adapation for film for sure.
nickstro66
AG
I'll be honest, I'm not as big of a DC fan as I am a Marvel fan so I'm not as well versed in the DCU. I will say the death of Superman storyline was one of my favorites. The Doom storyline was also really good.
Vander
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Darkseid (Thanos)
OR
Brainiac (Ultron?)

That's the rumor. Is he powerful enough as a single force to need the whole JL?

Yes. Doomsday is easily powerful enough to take the entire JL. At one point in the comics, he crushed the entire Green Lantern corps, almost killed Darkseid, and was essentially immune to physical damage. During this storyline, Doomsday was a walking no-limits fallacy and was only defeated by trapping him outside space-time, which still did not destroy him.

Doomsday is a Superman villain, but he's also a JL villain and is a very good choice to bring the JL together because Superman absolutely cannot handle him alone.
Vander
AG
As for villains, Thanos is more of a knockoff of Darkseid rather than the other way around. Braniac is also a vastly greater threat than Ultron.

For other JL villains outside of the two above, there are the Anti-Monitor, Mongol and WarWorld, Despero, Crime Syndicate from the alternate Earth, the Greek Gods, Gog/Magog, Imperiex, AMAZO, and Maxwell Lord
nickstro66
AG
At some point do y'all think we'll see a Justice League/Suicide Squad combo?
israeliag
AG
quote:
At some point do y'all think we'll see a Justice League/Suicide Squad combo?
Would be cool. I havent read the comics, but I could see Suicide Squad freeing themselves of their shackles, going back to villainy, and having to be taken down by JL or some other heroes.
Saxsoon
AG
Granted I need to see the movie, but there is nothing in that SS that could stand up to Batman, let alone JL.

Maybe sorceress since she can control Superman
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Granted I need to see the movie, but there is nothing in that SS that could stand up to Batman, let alone JL.

Maybe sorceress since she can control Superman

I think SS is mostly intended to populate the DCU with a bunch of minir/secondary villains at once. Major threats can come along as needed. And SS reintroduces Joker.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Latest rumor according to comicbookmovie.com is that the big wigs at Warner had a screening recently and gave the movie a standing ovation. Apparetnly, Affleck killed it as Wayne/Batman and Warner Bros. is trying to sign him to a 3 solo Batman movie deal on top of the additional Justice League stuff.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman/248269/report-affleck-to-star-in-3-stand-alone-batman-movies
TCTTS
AG
I've mentioned this before, but I'm continuing to hear similar things from a friend who's seen it as well. We might actually have a good movie on our hands, folks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm pumped.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Latest rumor according to comicbookmovie.com is that the big wigs at Warner had a screening recently and gave the movie a standing ovation. Apparetnly, Affleck killed it as Wayne/Batman and Warner Bros. is trying to sign him to a 3 solo Batman movie deal on top of the additional Justice League stuff.

The corporate execs at my company give each other a standing ovation and shout "Bravo!" anytime one of them farts. That doesn't mean it actually smells good.
AliasMan02
AG
How can they have seen a screening when the movie doesn't come out for nearly 8 months?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Wasn't this the same insider buzz we got on man of steel? Why should we expect anything less from the exact same studio/team?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I seem to remember something similar yes.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
How can they have seen a screening when the movie doesn't come out for nearly 8 months?

Initially, the movie was supposed to come out last month. That was the plan when they started filming. The release date changed, but the shooting schedule stayed the same. There's been a near-complete cut of the movie for months now.

Also, this is a friend of mine who's pretty high up at WB. They see first cuts of literally every movie the studio is making.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Wasn't this the same insider buzz we got on man of steel? Why should we expect anything less from the exact same studio/team?

"Insider buzz" was early critic and fan screenings for MoS. I don't remember any pre-final cut screening buzz last go around. That, and my friend who has seen BvS and is coyly hinting at how good it is wasn't as high on MoS at this point in the process with that one.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:

"Insider buzz" was early critic and fan screenings for MoS. I don't remember any pre-final cut screening buzz last go around. That, and my friend who has seen BvS and is coyly hinting at how good it is wasn't as high on MoS at this point in the process with that one.

That's encouraging. I'd always rather see a movie turn out to be good than bad. I've been in the quiet "I think Ben affleck can do just fine" camp since he was announced.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

Initially, the movie was supposed to come out last month. That was the plan when they started filming. The release date changed, but the shooting schedule stayed the same. There's been a near-complete cut of the movie for months now.

This made me wonder something I hadn't thought of before...are they going to finish the final editing now and sit on it until release or do you think they'll be cutting and recutting for the next few months? I hope it doesn't lead to Snyder overthinking things. Imagine if Lucas had all that time to tweak the trilogy even before they hit the theaters!

One other thing, what about the risk of the film leaking since it'll be on the shelf so long?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Henry Cavil on with Jimmy Fallon tonight to promote The Man from UNCLE. Not much talk about Bats vs. Supes, but he did say they go into pre-production on Justice League in January.

Can't get over him with the British accent. As Stephen Colbert once said, it's Super Man, not Smashing Lad.
Saxsoon
AG
Biggest shock of my life was hearing Rick Grimes' actor's voice for the first time. I was stunned
Bruce Almighty
AG
Nothing beats seeing Wolverine doing high kicks in a chorus line.
Aggies76
AG
I was shocked hearing Christian Bale for the first time. Had no idea he was British.
TCTTS
AG
AgLiving06
I really want to like this movie....
Texas Ag 15
AG
Interesting Trailer. Definitely gives insight on how the movie will be going
COOL LASER FALCON
I think Afleck will be good, but thought this was funny.

TCTTS
AG
It's just SOOO SERIOUS.

Imagine if Man of Steel / the DC Cinematic Universe had a tone more akin to the '09 Star Trek; serious when it needs to be, but not quite Marvel either - just a bit more fun and adventure-oriented than what we're seeing here. I feel like we're so far past this dark and gritty trend that this movie already feels incredibly dated. WB needs to take a cue from their last go around and ask themselves...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.