Batman vs. Superman

313,879 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know that following in the footsteps of Heath Ledger (and even Mark Hamill's brilliant voicework) as the Joker puts Leto between a rock and a hard place, but what I've seen so far is just embarrassing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Zack Snyder just released the posters they'll be giving away at the trailer event tomorrow. Honestly, I don't quite get what they're going for, thematically...

I'm not at all sold on the movie yet based on the trailer, but I think these posters are pretty awesome.
30_Days
AG
quote:
I know that following in the footsteps of Heath Ledger (and even Mark Hamill's brilliant voicework) as the Joker puts Leto between a rock and a hard place, but what I've seen so far is just embarrassing.
what have you seen so far? a couple of selfies. Pretty hard to judge his performance based on that.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Did y'all see this one yet?

A retro take on the new trailer:

Sorry if already posted
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
what have you seen so far? a couple of selfies. Pretty hard to judge his performance based on that.

Are you Jared Leto?
Simplebay
AG
I don't know if this is real, but hadn't seen it before. some backstory spoilerage here as to why Batman might be so pissed off...

http://imgur.com/w6ewkcd

TCTTS
AG
Snyder just posted this...

TCTTS
AG
And then for some reason DeAndre Jordan is involved in a big reveal of not only all three costumes (including Wonder Woman), but the new Batmobile as well. Crazy how much bigger Affleck's Batman suit is than Cavill's Superman...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/337735-get-up-close-to-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justices-batmobile-and-costumes#/slide/1
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I don't know if this is real, but hadn't seen it before. some backstory spoilerage here as to why Batman might be so pissed off...

http://imgur.com/w6ewkcd

Yeah, pretty sure that's real. Rumor is Joker killed Robin...
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think there was a comic storyline dealing with the Joker killing Jason Todd and him becoming the Red Hood, but I don't remember one dealing with Grayson being killed by the Joker.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I think there was a comic storyline dealing with the Joker killing Jason Todd and him becoming the Red Hood, but I don't remember one dealing with Grayson being killed by the Joker.

There's not one. This would be sort of mashing some Robins togethet.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

There's not one. This would be sort of mashing some Robins togethet.

Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing, he's not killed by the Joker. I hate that idea.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Would there be any reason for Dick Grayson to be in Metropolis at the time of Zod's attack and Superman being responsible for his death?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Would there be any reason for Dick Grayson to be in Metropolis at the time of Zod's attack and Superman being responsible for his death?

Nightwing dying while saving people in Metropolis during the fight would be an interesting cold open.
YellowPot_97
AG
This movie feels so forced. I hope I'm wrong but it seems they just threw all these major characters together with no real forethought or plan.
The marvel movies work so well because they took time to develop the characters and the overall story. We the audience have seen them grow and have developed a relationship with their stories. This DC universe doesn't have any of that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's too soon to have another Batman reboot.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
My hope for the premise of this Batman v Superman feud is that Luther kills nightwing to open the movie, but frames superman in the process, pulling batman out of retirement and pitting him against Supes in a situation where superman would have reason to hold back and not kill batman with a flick of his wrist as he's just trying to prove his innocence.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's interesting.
TCTTS
AG
The extra couple of seconds of footage added to the IMAX version of the trailer has leaked online...

http://websta.me/p/967933299999301123_13373766
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The extra couple of seconds of footage added to the IMAX version of the trailer has leaked online...

http://websta.me/p/967933299999301123_13373766
I'm sure it was "leaked"......
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
My hope for the premise of this Batman v Superman feud is that Luther kills nightwing to open the movie, but frames superman in the process, pulling batman out of retirement and pitting him against Supes in a situation where superman would have reason to hold back and not kill batman with a flick of his wrist as he's just trying to prove his innocence.

That tombstone looks too weathered for it to be recent.
AliasMan02
AG
Maybe he died in the tornado with Pa Kent that Supes so selfishly failed to stop.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Maybe he died in the tornado with Pa Kent that Supes so selfishly failed to stop.

Ha. Dumbest scene in Man of Steel, hands down. Still angry about how that went down.
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:

Yes, a Kryptonian tornado filled with Metropolis rubble.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Ha. Dumbest scene in Man of Steel, hands down. Still angry about how that went down.

It's that, or when the world engine grew cloud arms and started fighting Supes so that the pacing/timing of the scene could coincide with Lois dropping the bomb.
agmag90
quote:
This movie feels so forced. I hope I'm wrong but it seems they just threw all these major characters together with no real forethought or plan.
The marvel movies work so well because they took time to develop the characters and the overall story. We the audience have seen them grow and have developed a relationship with their stories. This DC universe doesn't have any of that.

This. For me this is the main reason Marvel has all the momentum and DC is fighting an uphill battle. The only returning character we have here is Henry Cavill from MoS which alot of people didn't like anyway. Marvel returns almost all their characters from movies that were well received, for the most part. People just know the Marvel characters way better.

Just seems Marvel had a "20 year plan", whereas DC is in "oh sh*t, we better catch up" mode
el aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's that, or when the world engine grew cloud arms and started fighting Supes so that the pacing/timing of the scene could coincide with Lois dropping the bomb.

I think you mean the scene where the world engine is destroying the earth and Superman is small talking and flirting with Lois before finally taking off to go stop it.
Tmoneyag99
AG
All this destruction talk reminded me of this gem of a MoS Honest Trailer (spoilers included if you haven't seen MoS). P.S. I actually enjoyed MoS, but still think this is great.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Almost threw my ridiculously oversized IMAX 3D glasses at the screen when that happened
Simplebay
AG
why the hell is superman moving so slow. god help us. batman better have done something.

Dro07
AG
quote:
why the hell is superman moving so slow. god help us. batman better have done something.

kryptonite maybe?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I've heard that armored suit is lined with Kryptonite Wayne gets from Luthor.
agmag90
"I can fly faster than a speeding bullet, but I better just run"
jeffk
AG
Have any of you guys read The Dark Night Returns?

The Batman vs Superman fight from that comic appears to be where they're drawing most of their material for the final showdown in the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Yeah, I've heard that armored suit is lined with Kryptonite Wayne gets from Luthor.
Pretty much the only reasonable explanation for there even being a fight that lasts for more than a few seconds is kryptonite.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.