Batman vs. Superman

313,894 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not Doomsday?
rhutton125
AG
Seems like wishful thinking, but I guess we won't know until someone confirms or denies
SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125
AG
What?
Sex Panther
AG
Pretty developmentally slow on your part there
Bruce Almighty
AggieLitigator
quote:
Why do idiots type the word "Texass" as an insult to that university, when the same word represents both our state and is part of OUR school name.

Texass A&M is not so cute either, dumbass.

Completely ******ed.

Completely relevant to Batman vs Superman. Probably spoiled the movie with this post.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
wow. this site now censors re-tard-ed.

that is "developmentally slow".
Another dad at my daughter's preschool once asked the teacher if my daughter was re-tard-ed because she wore orthotics on her legs to help her walk better.

I asked him to politely refrain from that word, which is about as cruel a phrase as you can term someone, particularly a 3-year-old girl, and suggested that should he wish to continue using it to describe her, I would be out in the parking lot, waiting to kick his f888king teeth in.

So I guess maybe TexAgs is making things more common sense for developmentally slow people like yourself to see that some things aren't really nice to say.
SeattleAgJr
[Comments removed---Texags Staff]
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So you wandered into the wrong thread on the wrong forum and made an ass out of yourself.

Mission accomplished. You can leave now.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
You can leave now.

This.

No doubt we all gripe and snap at each other on here from time to time, but ryamkajr's reply to Muck's post is beyond uncalled for. Come on, man.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Not sure what thread he was wanting to post on, but I'm 99% sure it was on the politics board.
Pro Ag
AG
For those complaining about the reveals in the trailer, I think the culture that has spawned a 49 page, 2 year old thread has created an environment where studios put too much out there.

I am not saying I liked the trailer, but that I can see a studio wanting to control the message vs having bloggers with connections getting publicity off of information.

Heck, I stopped reading Star Wars and Civil War stuff a long time ago because I was tired of knowing 60%+ about a movie when I walked in. I only read this and the DC universe threads because I am only partially interested and don't care if stuff is spoiled.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
wow. this site now censors re-tard-ed.

that is "developmentally slow".
Another dad at my daughter's preschool once asked the teacher if my daughter was re-tard-ed because she wore orthotics on her legs to help her walk better.

I asked him to politely refrain from that word, which is about as cruel a phrase as you can term someone, particularly a 3-year-old girl, and suggested that should he wish to continue using it to describe her, I would be out in the parking lot, waiting to kick his f888king teeth in.

So I guess maybe TexAgs is making things more common sense for developmentally slow people like yourself to see that some things aren't really nice to say.
As someone with cerebral palsy, I've always thought that censoring the "R-word" is patronizing and offensive. We're aware of our situation. Playing semantics to appease your conscience doesn't alter our reality.
[/derail]
Madmarttigan
AG
Ryam is pretty much a jackass on everything he posts. One of those that makes you keep wishing texags had an ignore function on.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Ryam is pretty much a jackass on everything he posts. One of those that makes you keep wishing texags had an ignore function on.

This x 100000000000. Plus, pretty sure he's sip from his football posts, so even more of a reason to ignore him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
[Comments removed---Texags Staff]
dang i missed what the fuss was.
Madmarttigan
AG
I think if you read other people's posts you will get the gist of it. The only thing that was removed was one of his amazingly dumbass comebacks he always does.
Blanco Jimenez
AG

This has been out for a bit but for a DC geek like me, it's still exciting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just want to jump on the ryam is a jackass bandwagon.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Just want to jump on the ryam is a jackass bandwagon.
You don't miss his genius Star Wars box office predictions?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just make sure you don't mention it outside of this board, lest he goes on another tirade and calls you a virgin.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Watched the mini-clip on Conan last night. Is anyone rooting for Superman in this movie? He seems to come off like a real a-hole "I can protect the world, but not you Batman, because you're not doing it the right way."
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Just make sure you don't mention it outside of this board, lest he goes on another tirade and calls you a virgin.
If he gets a permaban for it, I'm willing to sacrifice my ego for the cause.

(I have a 2 year old, so his argument won't hold water)
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The conan clip for folks who want to check it out: http://teamcoco.com/video/zack-snyder-superman-clip

Looks dumb, imo.
TCTTS
AG
As previously mentioned, every new trailer and clip more and more makes both characters look like complete and total assh*les. This whole thing just feels so ridiculously serious and mean-spirited. I get that these two characters are supposed to hate each other initially, but I'm so over the-most-serious-movie-ever-made vibe.
rhutton125
AG
I kind of see it from the Superman side of things. Batman is acting out of fear - we have the benefit of decades of comics and pop culture to know that Superman is a good guy.

But....... yeah. I await reviews
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Watched the mini-clip on Conan last night. Is anyone rooting for Superman in this movie? He seems to come off like a real a-hole "I can protect the world, but not you Batman, because you're not doing it the right way."
So like Batman in TDK?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't understand what you're saying.

I fully plan on reading the entire plot on Wikipedia before I go see it. I'm in the extreme minority, but I think I'm looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman more than Capey or Broody Brooderson in this.
jeffk
AG
I still haven't seen one piece of any trailer or other marketing that makes me want to see this movie.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
This looks awful IMO
AliasMan02
AG
Slightly different "red carpet" trailer played during the NE-KC game. I'm stunned at how little I care about this movie, and Batman is my all-time favorite.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
This whole thing just feels so ridiculously serious and mean-spirited.
And that's why Marvel is kicking DC's ass with their movies. It's like DC is trying hard to set themselves up as the "anti-Marvel".....except that people are flocking to Marvel's more fun movies because that's what they want.

This movie is doomed to fail (or underperform) because the movie makers don't realize the public doesn't want a "dark and gritty" Justice League.
AliasMan02
AG
Also I think the "no jokes" rule in place at DC had another effect. When they do try to be witty, like when Lex says "don't pick a fight with this guy," it falls incredibly flat. Like a comic who had a lousy warmup act.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.