Batman vs. Superman

313,851 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I enjoyed Watchmen and 300 but neither is as genuinely entertaining as The Rock or Bad Boys IMO.
It's official, this thread has ran its course.
I agree with fig on that point.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
I enjoyed Watchmen and 300 but neither is as genuinely entertaining as The Rock or Bad Boys IMO.
It's official, this thread has ran its course.

I'd watch The Rock over any Snyder movie every time.
M.C. Swag
AG
I just never thought a BvS thread would culminate into a post about Watchmen vs Bad Boys.
Bruce Almighty
AG
58 pages, it's gonna get off topic from time to time. There's only so many "this movie is going to suck" posts people can do.
fig96
AG
quote:
58 pages, it's gonna get off topic from time to time. There's only so many "this movie is going to suck" posts people can do.
We've still got a good two weeks to kill till critics reviews start rolling in.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Sucker Punch is one of the most visually arresting, gorgeous, monumentally stupid films I've ever seen.

I loved watching it, but was dumbfounded by how bad the plot was.
scubasteve304
AG
Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long lol
BassCowboy33
quote:
Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long lol

If Mason fought Mike, who would win?
wangus12
AG
The Rock was ****ing awesome. Banging the prom queen and ****
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I actually don't even remember what it was about anymore. That actually may be a good thing.
jackie childs
so what does Batman vs Superman have to do in order to be considered a "success"?

does it need to hit a certain box office number or can it "underperform" as long as it lays the groundwork for batman, wonder woman and, hopefully for DC, the justice league movie?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I just never thought a BvS thread would culminate into a post about Watchmen vs Bad Boys.

It's pretty much exactly what I thought would happen
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
I actually don't even remember what it was about anymore. That actually may be a good thing.
It was Inception for teenage boys.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
so what does Batman vs Superman have to do in order to be considered a "success"?

does it need to hit a certain box office number or can it "underperform" as long as it lays the groundwork for batman, wonder woman and, hopefully for DC, the justice league movie?

Needs to make a billion dollars, is the number I've heard thrown around. And that's the floor. Barely acceptable.
PatAg
AG
It needs to not suck
homebuildingag
AG
I was thinking it should hit the iron man 1 or capt Merica 1 levels to be considered successful.

Of course I have no idea what those numbers are, but it seems to be in the same setup phase of the movies.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I was thinking it should hit the iron man 1 or capt Merica 1 levels to be considered successful.

Of course I have no idea what those numbers are, but it seems to be in the same setup phase of the movies.

Budget is huge for BvS as opposed to those movies, though.
Quad Dog
AG
quote:

No idea.
Man of Steel made $668 million, 43 million in profit, and is considered a failure. What did they spend the $225 million budget on?
Winter Soldier made $714 million, 166.2 million in profit. Budget of $170 million
All numbers via wikipedia.

I would think the lesson learned here is to reduce the cost of the movie and promotions to increase profits. But DC is going a different direction apparently.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Budget is huge for BvS as opposed to those movies, though.
Besides the budget, I was thinking that this might be more along the lines of IM2 or CA 2 in atmosphere personally. I mean we already had Man of Steel, and Batman is supposed to be well established like Iron Man would be by CA 2. Meh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has to break $1B.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For some reason, I'm having trouble gauging how this thing will do at the domestic box office.

It could top out at $300M or make $500M+ and neither would surprise me.
TajMaballer
AG
I think this movie will be huge overseas, but probably sneak past 400 million.. Total gross just under a billion. I'm not entirely sure how rewatchable this movie will be. I'm of course basing that on absolutely nothing and will probably be dead wrong.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We should wait for ryam's prediction. He's usually dead-on.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Didn't he change his username?
Knife_Party
quote:

Yup yup. Not nefariously though.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

He's SeattleAgJr or something like that now
agracer
AG
quote:
Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen

All 3 movies have immense 're-watchability', imo, and are at least as good as anything that Michael Bay has made.

Sucker punch?....I'll leave that one alone.
300...and you're complaining about MOS being to campy...

300 was utter garbage compared to MOS...I couldn't even get thru the whole movie.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen

All 3 movies have immense 're-watchability', imo, and are at least as good as anything that Michael Bay has made.

300 was utter garbage compared to MOS...I couldn't even get thru the whole movie.
lol did you understand the context of that comment? Someone mentioned Michael Bay as producing movies that can be entertaining and/or retain a certain level of re-watchability (and thus implying Snyder has not). All I did was present 3 movies directed by Zack Snyder that were in line with that thinking. I didn't say they were great, or even good, and I would easily put Man of Steel in the same category. Entertaining with some level of re-watchability. Has nothing to do with what I or others would classify as a good film.
M.C. Swag
AG
And I didn't say it was campy. I said the flashbacks were cliched and ham-fisted. At least quote me right.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen

lol did you understand the context of that comment? Someone mentioned Michael Bay as producing movies that can be entertaining and/or retain a certain level of re-watchability (and thus implying Snyder has not). All I did was present 3 movies directed by Zack Snyder that were in line with that thinking. I didn't say they were great, or even good, and I would easily put Man of Steel in the same category. Entertaining with some level of re-watchability. Has nothing to do with what I or others would classify as a good film.
And I pointed out that 300 couldn't be watched once let alone it has "re-watchabilty"...

Ham fisted/campy...whatever
Noblemen06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dawn of the Dead
Watchmen

And I pointed out that 300 couldn't be watched once let alone it has "re-watchabilty"...

Ham fisted/campy...whatever
A lot of people were able to sit through 300 at least once. Many sat through it a few times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ticket purchased for thursday 9:50 pm in IMAX 2D.
Simplebay
AG
Ticket purchased ipic Htown for 7:30 dead center.

here's hoping i walk outta there like this

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RaggedDigitalBluefintuna.webm
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Jimmy Kimmel's deleted B v S scene:

(The "deleted scene" starts around 3:03)
Aggies76
AG
^^

Saw this last night. Too funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.