Batman vs. Superman

313,888 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I like the suit except for the fat bat on his chest and the rigid neck, if he can't swivel his head.

My theory is that it's actually two pieces so his head can turn, but they'll CGI-stitch it together.
Max Power
AG
quote:

Few things:
-Does the utility belt hold anything other than cigarettes? Looks like all those compartments are made to perfectly fit a pack of smokes.
-Is his suit made of corduroy? Going to be hard to sneak up on anyone wearing that much corduroy.
-Is the suit part of the Mugatu Derelicte collection?

Sex Panther
AG
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Woo, concerning article from Hollywood Reporter here:

DC's Real Battle

My biggest concern is there is too many competing ideas going on at once, there needs to be concise world building, especially with these characters, or else it's not going to work the way they want it to.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Woo, concerning article from Hollywood Reporter here:

DC's Real Battle

My biggest concern is there is too many competing ideas going on at once, there needs to be concise world building, especially with these characters, or else it's not going to work the way they want it to.
It makes no sense to me why they aren't given Geoff Johns creative control over the whole thing like Feige does for Marvel. It's all going to be a disjointed mess if there isn't groundwork and overarching story built for it all to exist in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

TCTTS
TCTTS
AG

swimmerbabe11
For the record, millionaire playboys shave their faces.

Bruce Wayne would shave. Perhaps batman has a secret facial hair superpower.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Are those official posters, or fan art?

I like them.
jeffk
AG
Interesting that the "showdown" is in Gotham. Means Superman is coming to Batman's turf for something. I had sort of assumed that it'd be the other way around like Batman was investigating Superman in Metropolis.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Are those official posters, or fan art?

I like them.

Apparently official.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Interesting that the "showdown" is in Gotham. Means Superman is coming to Batman's turf for something. I had sort of assumed that it'd be the other way around like Batman was investigating Superman in Metropolis.

No way they destroy Metropolis again. Batman definitely does some investigating in Metropolis, but I think Superman eventually gets so agitated that he finally comes looking for Batman in Gotham.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
quote:

No way they destroy Metropolis again. Batman definitely does some investigating in Metropolis, but I think Superman eventually gets so agitated that he finally comes looking for Batman in Gotham.

We'll see where they go with this, but I think Supes ends up going to Gotham to find/arrest Batman as part of a government request spurred on by Luthor.

Some kind of a "prove your different by helping us round up these other vigilantes" kind of a play. I see Luthor as a big government contractor forcing the issue because he wants to understand/experiment on these guys and Supes just wanting to support the government/shift public opinion like a good Kansas boy.

Batman has probably figured out Luthor's play and we'll get the "you're just an ignorant shill for Luthor" speech as they fight.
Sex Panther
AG
Those posters are awesome
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

We'll see where they go with this, but I think Supes ends up going to Gotham to find/arrest Batman as part of a government request spurred on by Luthor.

Some kind of a "prove your different by helping us round up these other vigilantes" kind of a play. I see Luthor as a big government contractor forcing the issue because he wants to understand/experiment on these guys and Supes just wanting to support the government/shift public opinion like a good Kansas boy.

Batman has probably figured out Luthor's play and we'll get the "you're just an ignorant shill for Luthor" speech as they fight.

I'd really, really like this angle. Nice thinking.
jeffk
AG
Luthor's going to have to do something to paint Batman as the rogue though. Maybe even frame him for some sort of atrocity.
BigTimeAlum
AG
That something will be whatever has forced batman off the streets is my guess
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
looks like the inside of a typewriter.
The Debt
Just saw the trailer prior to avengers. Looks terribad.

But they did brighten up supes suit.
agmag90
The man of steel isn't the one actually wearing steel
Saxsoon
AG
I actually am one in the camp that the trailer played out a lot better on the big screen for me personally.
TCTTS
AG
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/6/3/batmans-anti-superman-weapon-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-revealed
Aggies76
AG
Gruesome stabbing like in Superman Returns?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Is it just me or are they releasing waaaay too many details about this movie. Just reeks of desperation for relevance in the face of the Marvel juggernaut. Amatuerish, and almost could say its backfiring, as it seems to be polarizing the potential audience and turning off more people than its intriguing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Is it just me or are they releasing waaaay too many details about this movie. Just reeks of desperation for relevance in the face of the Marvel juggernaut. Amatuerish, and almost could say its backfiring, as it seems to be polarizing the potential audience and turning off more people than its intriguing.

WB has hardly released anything. In fact, I've been surprised how much they've kept under wraps, all things considered. Most everything we know is from bloggers who have sources.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:

WB has hardly released anything. In fact, I've been surprised how much they've kept under wraps, all things considered. Most everything we know is from bloggers who have sources.

Ahhh, but how are we getting so much "unofficial" releases from these bloggers? Maybe its the same amount as the majority of big movies, but for some reason it just seems like every single week there is a "leak" from the set.
FL_Ag1998
AG
For example, this is what we're getting about GoTG 2.

Chris Pratt, in an interview,"I know some of the songs that are going to be on Awesome Mix 2," he said. "All I can tell you, because I obviously, I'm not allowed to tell anybody anything, nor would I want to, because it would be a little bit like telling a kid what's under the tree before Christmas morning. I would encourage people not to poke holes in the paper and peek. Allow yourself the Christmas morning. Don't ruin it. I will say that his pitch and his idea legitimately put tears in my eyes. It is so good, it's so good. And I cannot wait to get started on it and I cannot wait for people to see what he's going to pull off with the second movie. It's so, so big and so good. From what I understand, they were like, heard it at Marvel and they said nothing. They're like, "perfect." There was no micromanaging of the idea, they just love it so much they didn't even have a note for it. It's going to be remarkable. "

See, build up the movie without releasing every detail down to how Batman hurts Superman and what tatoos Harley has on her ass.

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this amount of "leaks" is normal, just doesn't seem so to me for some reason this time.
rhutton125
AG
Guardians 2 is nearly 2 years away though. A comparable film might be Civil War. We know a lot about that one, but mostly because it'll be the 13th film in a franchise.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Guardians 2 is nearly 2 years away though. A comparable film might be Civil War. We know a lot about that one, but mostly because it'll be the 13th film in a franchise.

True about Guardians, and maybe I just havent been keeping up enough with the Marvel movies to have seen all the leaks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'll take stupidest thing I've ever heard for $1,000, Alex.

The answer: "A Kryptonite-laced spear."

"Uhhh, What would be a really dumb way for Batman to fight Superman?"

Yes! And Muckraker96 is on the board!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'll take stupidest thing I've ever heard for $1,000, Alex.

The answer: "A Kryptonite-laced spear."

"Uhhh, What would be a really dumb way for Batman to fight Superman?"

Yes! And Muckraker96 is on the board!
I somehow read that as "Kryptonite space laser," which seems like a better idea.
jeffk
AG
A harpoon, huh?

So Batman is Captain Ahab and Supes is Moby Dick.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Possible plot hints revealed with new promo posters?

http://screenrant.com/batman-superman-art-images/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.