Batman vs. Superman

312,271 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is what I get for returning my ticket.
Ambres
AG
Just came back from the 6pm EST showing.. and just turned to the game only to cringe at the 18 pts.. well we made 14 in 40 s last time.. .. so 18 should be easy in 3mins and 45secs... right

Will put out a review tomorrow after folks get a chance to see it.
M.C. Swag
AG
There's already a separate thread for that.
AggieLitigator
I thought it was good. B+
My group enjoyed it. Affleck and Eisenberg were fantastic.
BassCowboy33
That was pretty damn awesome.
YouBet
AG
Down to 30% on RT.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Down to 30% on RT.

While critic reviews are a good starting point, I've always been amazed at the discrepancy between critics and the general public when it comes to action films. For some reason, the action genre brings out the hate.

Saw this morning that film is on track for a $365 million international opening.
AggieSouth06
The general public is dumb. Not saying YOU are dumb for liking it... I haven't even seen it, and you can like whatever the hell you want to like. Just saying that audiences support stupid movies because people are generally pretty stupid.

Ergo, Transformers 17: Tokyo Drift, or some f***ing thing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Just saying that audiences support stupid movies because people are generally pretty stupid.
This.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Transformers does not belong in the same breath as Tokyo Drift.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
Down to 30% on RT.

While critic reviews are a good starting point, I've always been amazed at the discrepancy between critics and the general public when it comes to action films. For some reason, the action genre brings out the hate.

Saw this morning that film is on track for a $365 million international opening.
I don't agree with this. I don't think critics are as snobby as people want to believe. These same critics loved the Nolan Batman movies, all the Marvel movies, X-Men, the first two Spider-Man movies, Mad Max and the Fast and Furious movies. Even Godzilla, Jurassic World and Pacific Rim got good reviews. Critics may look at things differently than the general public, but that doesn't mean they can't sit back and enjoy a good popcorn flick.
TCTTS
AG
Almost as good...

jackie childs
quote:
Down to 30% on RT.
Hmm...maybe Warner Bros shouldn't have sold Rotten Tomatoes last month
The Big12Ag
quote:

Nice
citizenkane06
AG
I've always gotten this impression as well. Critics probably want every movie they see to be good, like the rest of us. They just get to enjoy publicly scathing on something they feel wasted their time.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Just saying that audiences support stupid movies because people are generally pretty stupid.
This.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
TCTTS
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
About to head to the theater. Gonna try to clear my head of all any expectations and try to not be influenced by the reviews.
Simplebay
AG
It's not dogsheet. Ignore the critics. It's not great, but it's better than Daredevil haha.
The Debt
quote:
It's not dogsheet. Ignore the critics. It's not great, but it's better than Daredevil haha.
Troll.
Philip J Fry
AG
Miles better than his Daredevil movie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
LOL That one is pretty good.
BassCowboy33
quote:
About to head to the theater. Gonna try to clear my head of all any expectations and try to not be influenced by the reviews.

I went into with expectations and fully enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Guessing it'll be about 45 minutes to an hour of setup, 30 minutes of actual Batman vs Superman, and the last hour will be the pre-Justice League vs Lex/Doomsday.

Well, I was pretty much spot on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.