Batman vs. Superman

313,812 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You joke now, but they'll probably make them gay for each other to break ground on social injustices
SeattleAgJr
quote:
You joke now, but they'll probably make them gay for each other to break ground on social injustices
"Back at the Hall of (social) Justice!"
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

You brought up social justice, and ryam comes running!
Noblemen06
AG
Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

You brought up social justice, and ryam comes running!
Never fear, I will always be here!

SeattleAgJr
actually now I am curious, do you think I am pro or con SJW?
AgMarauder04
AG
You hate sjw
rhutton125
AG
Well they HAVE said they plan on having a gay superhero. I assume it'll be one of the Green Lanterns since I think that's a thing in the comics now.

Their stated goal is more diversity than Marvel, but the current Justice League roster is all men except Wonder Woman, and all white except Cyborg. So I guess it's easier said than done.

I suppose Aquaman is part Hawaiian?
M.C. Swag
AG
Quote:

Well they HAVE said they plan on having a gay superhero. I assume it'll be one of the Green Lanterns since I think that's a thing in the comics now.

Their stated goal is more diversity than Marvel, but the current Justice League roster is all men except Wonder Woman, and all white except Cyborg. So I guess it's easier said than done.

I suppose Aquaman is part Hawaiian?
nm
rhutton125
AG
Yeah. And it's easy to do what I just did and say "meh, white" based solely on skin tone. I hate that we boil diversity down to a checklist sometimes.

I have a friend who is white but grew up in a black family and legitimately thought he was black (like a Michael Jackson condition, he thought). He's quite unique. And hilarious. But to the world he'd be "just another white guy," which is a shame.

I think the message has been heard loud and clear, but I also think people will complain about anything. But in a few years we'll have had a Wonder Woman solo film, Jessica Jones and Agent Carter on TV, Luke Cage Netflix series (first black solo lead in the genre, if I'm not mistaken), Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel film, Cyborg solo film (I think), Black Panther solo film. And supposedly, somewhere in there, a gay DC hero.

Not bad for a few years, I hope?
jeffk
AG
They could always make Thor a chick...

or an amphibian.
M.C. Swag
AG
I actually think it would be badass if they casted Common (the rapper) to play Martian Manhunter in the Justice League movies.

wangus12
AG
That...actually would work I think
fig96
AG
He's turned out to be a decent actor. I've actually heard him mentioned as a potential John Stewart as well.
wangus12
AG
Agreed. I actually enjoyed watching him in Hell on Wheels
M.C. Swag
AG
I just found out he has a role in Suicide Squad as "Tattooed Man" according to IMDB? Soo he's a bad guy in the DC universe?

TCTTS
AG
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/16/the-final-countdown
jackie childs
quote:
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/16/the-final-countdown
so I asked a while ago what this movie needed to gross...this article says $800mil just to break even and anything less than a billion would be a disappointment.

honestly, it's difficult to imagine it not hitting a billion, isn't it? there seems to be a lot of "I doubt it's going to be great, but I'll probably go see it anyway" opinions about it.
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea, they have marketed the **** out of this movie. Unless it's just an absolute bomb, and I mean like Dragonball Evolution type of bad, it's a virtual lock for $1b. If it's simply 'ok', I think it will make at least $1.5b.
Dro07
AG
800mil? Was 600mil of that marketing and advertising?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Yea, they have marketed the **** out of this movie. Unless it's just an absolute bomb, and I mean like Dragonball Evolution type of bad, it's a virtual lock for $1b. If it's simply 'ok', I think it will make at least $1.5b.
The first Avengers movie is the only superhero movie to break the $1.5b mark in total gross

Not sure how you can say if this movie is just average that it will get to $1.5b.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
The first Avengers movie is the only superhero movie to break the $1.5b mark in total gross

Not sure how you can say if this movie is just average that it will get to $1.5b.
This is basically DC Avengers Lite. And I can say it because I have the power of opinion. I cannot be any more wrong than thou!
Vander
AG
The Superman shield is the single most recognizable item in the world. The name Superman is more widely known than even the name Jesus.

A good Batman vs Superman movie is guaranteed to eclipse $1 billion. This is a movie that contains the 3 most recognizable comic superheroes in the world. Anyone who thinks it will bomb doesn't realize just how many people know and like these characters around the world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$1B worldwide is not really all that impressive anymore, especially for mega-blockbusters like this. The Hobbit, Alice In Wonderland, Minions, Frozen, and the latest Transformers and Pirates films have all crossed that mark.

$1.5B is the new $1B.
Vander
AG
quote:
$1B worldwide is not really all that impressive anymore, especially for mega-blockbusters like this. The Hobbit, Alice In Wonderland, Minions, Frozen, and the latest Transformers and Pirates films have all crossed that mark.

$1.5B is the new $1B.
I expect this to clear $1.5 billion, especially if it does well in China, and I expect it will.

With reports like this, it may exceed expectations significantly.
rhutton125
AG
Wonder Woman is the third most recognizable comic book character?

I think this movie is going to make a lot of money, but word of mouth will always be a big player. If the first $200M worth of viewers find it controversial, disappointing, overly long or just run of the mill, it probably won't be breaking any records that second, third and fourth weekend.

If word of mouth is extremely positive, you may see a run similar to Guardians, Deadpool and Avengers.

There isn't much competition in the weeks following release, but $800M is nothing to scoff at. And you never know exactly which films are going to be huge in countries like China, where Terminator: Genisys and Ant-Man were surprisingly hits.
M.C. Swag
AG
Idk, I just see ALOT of people seeing this for no other reason that to check out the new Batman. Throw in the Justice League setup excitement and a level of marketing akin to Jurassic Park or Star Wars, I feel $1b is impossible to not achieve. If it doesn't, I feel it would have to be a Green Lantern-level of dreadful.
Vander
AG
Okay I should have specified that Wonder Woman is the most recognizable female character rather than just character.

The rest of the world loved MoS, so if that is anything to go by then this movie will do very very well abroad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My 9:50 PM showing for Thursday sold out today.

Getting pumped.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Okay I should have specified that Wonder Woman is the most recognizable female character rather than just character.

The rest of the world loved MoS, so if that is anything to go by then this movie will do very very well abroad.
Iron Man 3 was much, much bigger oversees than MoS.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
A good Batman vs Superman movie is guaranteed to eclipse $1 billion. This is a movie that contains the 3 most recognizable comic superheroes in the world. Anyone who thinks it will bomb doesn't realize just how many people know and like these characters around the world.
I don't know about guaranteed, but this film will include the three biggest heroes of the DC universe. Though I wonder how long Wonder Woman will be around in the film. I don't think this film will bomb, but I do think that this will be a box office disappointment for the studio after the amount of money they have funneled into this film.

I think after this film, the most attractive film currently in the pipeline is Wonder Woman, which will be DC's Cap The First Avenger IMO and likely the only chance the DCCU has to out do the MCU considering how many people have been asking when will there be a Black Widow film.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Idk, I just see ALOT of people seeing this for no other reason that to check out the new Batman. Throw in the Justice League setup excitement and a level of marketing akin to Jurassic Park or Star Wars, I feel $1b is impossible to not achieve. If it doesn't, I feel it would have to be a Green Lantern-level of dreadful.
really. no one cares about Superman.

No one.

An outdated character that cannot be related to.

The last two Superman movies did poor-to-respectable box office.

The ONLY thing interesting about this movie is what they do with Batman, and maybe the use of Wonder Woman.

SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
I don't know about guaranteed, but this film will include the three biggest heroes of the DC universe. Though I wonder how long Wonder Woman will be around in the film. I don't think this film will bomb, but I do think that this will be a box office disappointment for the studio after the amount of money they have funneled into this film.

I think after this film, the most attractive film currently in the pipeline is Wonder Woman, which will be DC's Cap The First Avenger IMO and likely the only chance the DCCU has to out do the MCU considering how many people have been asking when will there be a Black Widow film.
Plus they announced today/yesterday their intent to fasttrack a Lobo movie.

Can you say kneejerk reaction to Deadpool/r rating.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Whoa, I got a thumbs down post? Also, when ever I think of Lobo I think of KISS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Care to make a box office prediction?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.