Batman vs. Superman

313,842 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Seven Psycho Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B..b..bu..but the love interest!
Aggies76
AG
quote:
MoS should have been strictly about Clark becoming Superman.

Definitely needed more of this, the most interesting part of the origin story. My favorite parts were actually before Clark became Superman, working the odd jobs, trying to figure out his place in the world. Would love to have seen him learning to fly on the Kent farm instead of after he put on the suit. I like Lois in this story, but her dialog was all wrong in parts, and they rushed the love story way too much.
G.I.Bro
Superman should have been the first alien earth saw, not zod. He should have already been saving people from burning buildings and getting cats down from trees when the bad guys showed up. His dad's death was stupid, too.
FL_Ag1998
AG
^both of the above two posts are dead on, IMO.
Aggies76
AG
We could have written a hell of a screenplay, don't you think?
AliasMan02
AG
Maybe the E-board should collectively rewrite MoS.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
We could have written a hell of a screenplay, don't you think?

Dang. Great minds.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I think the E-board as a collective group could rewrite most scripts coming out of Hollywood and make them about 100x better.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
MoS should have been strictly about Clark becoming Superman.

Definitely needed more of this, the most interesting part of the origin story. My favorite parts were actually before Clark became Superman, working the odd jobs, trying to figure out his place in the world. Would love to have seen him learning to fly on the Kent farm instead of after he put on the suit. I like Lois in this story, but her dialog was all wrong in parts, and they rushed the love story way too much.

I felt the same way about Batman Begins.

Batman: Year One is a fantastic graphic novel that's about a young Bruce Wayne returning to Gotham and battling a corrupt city government, which along with Bruce's development of Batman would've been more than enough material for a film.

Not that Batman Begins was bad, but I wish it had stayed a bit more grounded.

And yes FL_Ag, we probably could

[This message has been edited by fig96 (edited 7/7/2014 11:06a).]
Aggies76
AG
Sorry if I missed this, but is David Goyer writing the sequel scripts? I hope they go in another direction.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Superman should have been the first alien earth saw, not zod. He should have already been saving people from burning buildings and getting cats down from trees when the bad guys showed up. His dad's death was stupid, too.

So spot on
AliasMan02
AG
I think the point of seeing Zod first was to force the decision by Clark. he tried to honor Pa Kent's wishes, and did until he had no other choice.

Also it set Superman up as a figure to be feared, so he could earn humankind's trust.

One possible approach to changing this aspect of MoS would be for Clark to grow up with a mandate from Jor El to serve humanity, and to spend his life preparing for it. He is then revealed to the world when he is faced with a terrible situation before he is "ready" to begin his mission (runaway train about to flatten an orphan hospital or whatever). Further, say that Kryptonians are just advanced humans, amd Superman has been sent to help his young cousin-race on their way.

[This message has been edited by Aliasman02 (edited 7/7/2014 11:56a).]
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
I think the E-board as a collective group could rewrite most scripts coming out of Hollywood and make them about 100x better.

I was just thinking that, if given a crew and funds, I could make a better Transformers w/ feedback from TexAgs than Michael Bay. That could apply to this as well
AliasMan02
AG
Quite a high bar you've set for yourself...
Seven Psycho Ags
Oh, no, that bar is quite astoundingly low

I just realized I came across as saying I could do a better Man of Steel. That's not what I meant. But a mentally handicapped monkey could do a better Transformers!

[This message has been edited by Seven Psycho Ags (edited 7/7/2014 12:59p).]
Daveintx
Just don't forget the mechanical spider (Kevin Smith reference)
TCTTS
AG
Affleck's cowl & cape on display at Comic-Con...

Simplebay
AG
Guess he ain't turning his head eh?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Guess he ain't turning his head eh?

It does seem weird to go backwards in that regard.
Seven Psycho Ags
I like the short ears for a change. Usually his ears look sharp enough to put an eye out
Simplebay
AG
likely a very accurate fan mock-up...

TCTTS
AG
Zack Snyder just released a new official pic. For what they're going for, I'm really digging this look...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 4:29p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Is Batman suffering from insomnia in this movie? He's constantly got his head down and his eyes closed.
TCTTS
AG
^ Best explanation I've read so far about the pic(s):

"He’s just waiting so hard for that justice to dawn."

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 7:54p).]
TCTTS
AG
As janky as this looks, I absolutely HAVE to see this documentary. Anyone have an extra $80,000 they can spare?

http://youtu.be/Nt9fxWq5qg0

http://www.fanbacked.com/c/death-superman-lives-what-happened-finishing-funds/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love movies about the inner workings of Hollywood productions. Hope he finishes this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, the story Kevin Smith tells about Jon Peters forcing him to put a mechanical spider in the Superman script is absolutely hilarious.
TCTTS
AG
G.I.Bro
LOL
TCTTS
AG
Batman v Superman panel currently underway at Comic-Con, first footage shown...

Josh Lincoln Dickey ‏@NotoriousJLD
Batman wearing bulky metal armor with glowing eyes, lights bat signal in the rain to reveal a hovering Superman. #SDCC

Umberto Gonzalez ‏@elmayimbe
YO THAT SH*T WAS DOPE! BATMAN IN ARMOR EYEBALLING SUPERMAN IN THE SKY!

Eric Vespe ‏@EricVespe
First footage of Batman vs Superman! Batman turns on Batsignal, illuminating Superman floating there in the rainy Gotham.

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing
Batman v Superman footage showed Batman, with glowing eyes, lighting up Batsignal - Supes is floating in the light in the air. Epic! Awesome

Ethan Anderton ‏@Ethan_Anderton
BATMAN V. SUPERMAN footage: Batman on rooftop in Iron Man style Batsuit, and Superman shows up, flashing his laser eyes. Both look pissed.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/26/2014 12:20p).]
TCTTS
AG

Nonregdrummer09
AG
The revealed footage at Comic-Con. Described as basically an intense stare off between armored Batman and Superman.

Also revealed Wonder Woman, I think she looks ok:

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Full res...

Nonregdrummer09
AG
I dunno, I just don't see Gadot as Wonder Woman. Costume is ok, obviously they tried to keep away from the traditional look for the most part.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.