Batman vs. Superman

313,890 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, considered yourselves hired. And call yourselves whatever you want, because your titles are about as legit as mine is right now (i.e. not legit at all).

Seriously though, I can't emphasize how ridiculously amatuer and pie-in-the-sky this pursuit would be. That being said, it honestly does sound like a fun little side project to mess with here and there over the next couple of years, one I've been genuinely considering more and more lately. In fact, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I've already got a ton of thematic ideas I think are worth pursuing. At the very least, just to see if there's truly something here worth telling.

If anything, it's definitely the kind of movie I hope to write one day (big summer blockbuster), so it'd be good practice. And on the EXTREMELY off-chance that something eventually does come of it, this is the rare occasion where we actually know a studio's plan for the next few years for the current iteration, so there's plenty of time to get it right (via the TexAgs hive-mind) before putting it out there. And I don't think I'd have a problem getting it read by the right people, either, as long as it's genuinely good.

Anyway, I'm neck-deep in my current project right now, one my writing partner and I have been working on for quite a while, but will finally be finished with early in the new year. In the meantime, I'll start watching episodes when I can, and regroup with a more official thread here in the next few weeks/months.

Speaking of, didn't mean to derail this thread. Back to discussing and analyzing the Batman (and Superman) of the immediate few years...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/1/2013 6:35p).]
jeffk
Simplebay
AG
Jaimie Alexander (Lady Sif from Thor) is in talks to star in BvS
TCTTS
AG
Dude, that's not even close to being confirmed yet. All she said was that she's had meetings with DC and that she knows some of the story for BvS. Yes, she may very well end up in the movie, but this could be for a solo Wonder Woman or something different altogether. Not saying don't post about it, but at least provide some context.
TCTTS
AG
Also, Jamie Alexender is a Grapevine girl. Would be cool if she was involved with DC in whatever capacity.
TCTTS
AG
A bit more from Alexander. Like I said, this news definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be (at least yet)...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=89433
Saxsoon
AG
My favorite aspect, even as a kid, of the Beyond series was how it delved into genetic splicing at the beginning. These were the bullies and thugs of Gotham in the future. It would make for a fascinating moral quandary subplot in a Beyond movie which the scifi element lends itself to.

Maybe even find Terry thinking long and hard of becoming a splicer when Bruce shows up offering him a better way to take care of enemies.
Gradin
AG
I would be okay with her being Wonder Woman
Murder Hornet
AG
http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-superman-robin/

Robin/Nightwing may make an appearance also
Sex Panther
AG
^

quote:
who notes that they’re looking for someone in the 20s who’s a John Hawkes-type

huh??
fig96
AG
Yeah, not following that one either. And it seems kinda odd to introduce Nightwing into a new Batman storyline where we haven't had any Robins (to this point).

If anyone is at all interested in the comic, the collected editions are on sale this week and the first one covering The Court of Owls storyline is pretty awesome:
http://www.comixology.com/Batman-2011-Vol-1-The-Court-of-Owls/digital-comic/48553
TCTTS
AG
A few more details from Batman on Film...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor-news_Kurylenko-WW-Grayson-Nightwing_11-7-13.html

Though, I'm not so sure about their speculation that Nightwing might only be introduced in this movie and then expanded in the next solo Bat-movie.

I actually just read a really good theory that would take it in the opposite direction, and would make a lot more sense. Remember, this is an already-established Batman who has been doing his thing for years and years. His world has already been filled-out, and we'll be playing catch-up once we're introduced to him. Latino Review, who originally broke the story...

http://latino-review.com/2013/11/will-see-familiar-sidekick-batman-vs-superman/

... are saying that Grayson and Batman haven't spoken in years. They likely had a falling out years before the events of this movie, with Grayson potentially more "active" than Batman, currently. So the theory I read puts Grayson/Nightwing investigating something in Metropolis, but is then KILLED while investigating. And THAT'S what spurs Bruce to get off his ass, investigate his murder, etc. I just can't see this movie being Batman (& Nightwing) vs. Superman. Or introducing Nightwing this late into Batman's career, especially amidst the mano-a-mano showdown the title suggests. It makes the most sense to me to give Nightwing a small-ish part, have him get killed close to the beginning of the movie, and then let that serve as a potential inciting incident for the plot.

Whatever they end up doing, my main concern is that the Grayson/Wayne relationship in this iteration doesn't step on the toes of or isn't too similar in nature to the McGinnis/Wayne relationship in TexAgs Presents: Batman Beyond

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/7/2013 5:39p).]
fig96
AG
No Nightwing! If nothing else just to save TAP:BB!

The idea of introducing Nightwing into this seems odd, particularly if it's a quick intro then untimely exit. With a new Batman character and a film I'd assume will revolve around the developing relationship between him and Superman it seems like an odd choice to try to introduce a third character, much less one that's actually got a really rich history and backstory all on his own.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Grayson and Batman haven't spoken in years. They likely had a falling out years before the events of this movie, with Grayson potentially more "active" than Batman, currently. So the theory I read puts Grayson/Nightwing investigating something in Metropolis, but is then KILLED while investigating. And THAT'S what spurs Bruce to get off his ass, investigate his murder, etc.

Hah, that's almost exactly how I said I'd kick off the story in the Ben Affleck thread. Hope it goes down like that.
TCTTS
Sea Pony 07
AG
How about instead of Nightwing dying, he ends up comatose in ICU and wakes up at the end so we can get a Nightwing movie later?
TCTTS
AG
From Variety just now, re: female actresses being considered...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/batman-superman-1200665552/

Then, from Borys Kit, a different editor at Variety...

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
Since the cat seems to out of the bag...here's what I heard: Wonder Woman will not be in Supes vs Batman. But a certain Diana may show up.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
And I'm pretty confident these tests are not for WW, who will have a minor minor role. This is Supes vs Bats. Not Supes vs Bats vs WW.

elmayimbe ‏@elmayimbe
@Borys_Kit Every agent I know in talent said the EXACT same thing.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the women auditioning are auditioning for a “tall, brunette, athletic and exotic” female lead. Because of the description, some speculate this means WW, while others more in-the-know say it's simply Wayne's love interest, not WW. But that WW could still be in the movie, just only in a small cameo role (i.e. played by a different actress, not one of the ones mentioned in the article).

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/7/2013 7:40p).]
Blanco Jimenez
AG
There's a chance this thing is going to panned by the critics and this board but the fact that this movie is happening and that JLA characters may also be involved makes me absolutely thrilled!
MROD92
To TCTTS's Batman Beyond
TCTTS
AG
^ Ha, we'll see.

I genuinely do want to see where this Grayson/Wayne thing goes before potentially diving into anything Beyond-related. If BvS does end up featuring an older, no-longer-in-the-game Batman (as opposed to an older, still-active Batman), and he's having to deal with a younger, active Nightwing for any significant amount of screen time, that could be trouble for a potential Beyond movie. Definitely wouldn't seem as fresh. Setting him up for a potential Batman solo film to follow BvS would be just as bad too. Though, the fact that they're not going after a "name" actor for Grayson, but rather someone with acrobatic/fight skills, tells me it's more cameo in nature and not a big role. Plus, again, devoting any legit time at all to Nightwing would take away from the spectacle of the title. That's why I'm rooting for the kill-him-off-early angle. It just makes the most sense.

Hopefully we'll find out more over the next couple of months. And then early in the new year, if it looks like the coast is clear, I'll start devoting a half-hour or so per day to Beyond, get an official thread going, etc. I was going to try and knock out all the eps between now and the end of the year, but I'm just too busy with our current project right now. Trying to wrap that up and get it out the door. Ideally, I'd like to watch the whole series starting in Jan/Feb, outline in detail via TexAgs when I can in the months that follow, then maybe toward the later half of next year, actually go off and start writing. At that point, it would probably take me a year or two, maybe less, to write it, if I continued at the half-hour-or-so-per-day pace.

This all, of course, depends on what happens with my current project, and what we find out regarding BvS. Just thinking out loud right now...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/8/2013 1:08a).]
AliasMan02
AG
Batman investigating the murder, or attempted murder of Nightwing is worthy of its own movie. This increasingly feels like Bats will dominate this film in the experience, though not screen time, I'm sure. That tends to happen when they share a title.
Morpholino
AG
Was surfing the net just now and found this. Thought it was funny. SIAP.

EDIT: Is the image large enough for you? haha fail on my part

[This message has been edited by Morpholino (edited 11/8/2013 10:50a).]
Saxsoon
AG
I am increasingly finding it hard to believe that this is a true Supes sequel.
dragonslayer
AG
I don't see why the hell they would introduce NIghtwing out of no where, for one, and then kill him in the same movie!

I am not even considering that will possibly be in the movie. I feel like the only way to introduce NIghtwing would be with two movies with robin in them, then it would be okay to follow up with NIghtwing after events happen that slowly separate robin and batman.

And no way in hell would he be killed in his first movie after fans have been wanting NIghtwing to be in a movie for a long time.
dragonslayer
AG
DC and WB better get this movie right because Marvel and Disney have their **** together and are producing great movies twice a year. DC is losing the big screen battle by a long shot.
Quinn
AG
Going to go watch some Batman Beyond this afternoon.
Sex Panther
AG
Anybody who thinks this movie is going to be good is kidding themselves.
TCTTS
AG
Whoa. This casting choice alone may have single-handedly restored my faith in this movie. Adam Driver likely cast as Dick Grayson / Nightwing...

http://www.thewrap.com/batman-vs-superman-eyes-girls-star-adam-driver-possible-sidekick-role-exclusive/
TCTTS
AG
Coincidentally (or maybe not), The New York Times actually did a profile on Driver this morning...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/fashion/On-TV-or-in-Fashion-Adam-Driver-from-hbo-Girls-is-an-Unlikely-Face-.html?_r=0
Sex Panther
AG
What??? I like that guy in Girls for his sheer bizarreness, but playing Robin/Nightwing? That's just strange.
TCTTS
AG
It's the strange/bizarre aspect that has me intrigued. It's something different that hopefully indicates they're taking chances. Just glad it's not Zac Efron or someone like that...
FL_Ag1998
AG
Man, they are really going to **** up the whole DC movie universe in one film. Wow.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Man, they are really going to **** up the whole DC movie universe in one film. Wow.

Save for the Nolan movies, has it ever not been f*cked up? Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Superman Returns, Green Lantern, Man of Steel, etc. At this point, I'm just rooting for a spectacular crash.
Simplebay
AG
Terrible casting choice, also no freaking way he gets it
fig96
AG
As a fan of the Nightwing/Robin/Dick Grayson character, I'm far less than thrilled and hoping this casting isn't for what we think it is. I would've preferred Zac Efron.

Taking chances is one thing, casting an actor in a role they don't physically suit is another. IMarvel has shown what can happen when you cast the right actors as heroes.

[This message has been edited by fig96 (edited 11/8/2013 10:28p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.