Batman vs. Superman

313,870 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I usually can't stand all the fan-made stuff, but this is pretty damn good...

TCTTS
AG
Slash Film sums up Latino Review's scoop a little more coherently, without all the dramatics...

http://www.slashfilm.com/read-potential-batman-vs-superman-spoilers-about-lex-luthor/
Simplebay
AG
14 year old luthor running a stree gang sounds awful
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Is it normal for there to be this many leaks about potential plot points/story structure? It almost feels like WB is leaking every thought they have so the masses can tell them whether it's a good one or not.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
14 year old luthor running a stree gang sounds awful

Depends on how they handle it (which, admittedly, probably won't be well). Either way, I seriously doubt we actually see a 14-year-old Luthor.

The main take-away I like is the self-made-billionaire Luthor thinking he's better than the inherited-billions Wayne. That could be a cool dynamic to play with.

I also like how one of the catalysts for the story could be the two of them potentially partnering to rebuild Metropolis, and making that a main plot point.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Is it normal for there to be this many leaks about potential plot points/story structure? It almost feels like WB is leaking every thought they have so the masses can tell them whether it's a good one or not.

For a movie of this size & magnitude, yes. Especially without the super-paranoid Nolan around.
AgMarauder04
AG
I appreciate the rebuild of Metropolis as a plot point.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Couldn't Superman rebuild Metropolis on his own in a matter of days? SEems like the least he could do for ripping it apart.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:
I appreciate the rebuild of Metropolis as a plot point.

I want to see Lex and Bruce keep trying to rebuild Metropolis, but Superman just destroys it again every time he gets into a fight. He'll be the fraggle to their doozers.
jeffk
AG
quote:
He'll be the fraggle to their doozers.
TCTTS
AG
Quick update about filming...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_news-rumor_BvS-MI-shoot-update_2-8-14.html

Looks like they officially start shooting in mid-March in Michigan, with some kind of potential Batmobile testing/filming currently going on in LA.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/8/2014 5:57p).]
TCTTS
AG
Also, a really good, comprehensive article from last week with all kinds of updates + speculation on Affleck potentially directing Justice League...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/01/30/will-ben-affleck-direct-justice-league-movie/

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/8/2014 6:00p).]
Simplebay
AG
did the batsuit leak early? last i heard it was going to be revealed by April

agracer
AG
If I can recall what movie I watched this weekend I’ll post it, but it was several years old and a “Batman vs Superman” or maybe it was “Superman” words imposed over the bat-symbol were on a billboard in the back ground of the movie....movies was at least 4 years old.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I Am Legend?
agracer
AG
THAT'S IT!
fig96
AG
On May 6, 2016, Batman vs Superman will go head to head against Captain America 3.

The gauntlet has been thrown.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mystery-solved-captain-america-3-688384
TCTTS
AG
Absolutely guaranteed that one of them moves. Likely BvS. Never understood why they didn't claim that late July spot WB usually stakes out, as it's proved immensely successful for them in the past, and nothing is there yet. With the amount of money in play, it'd be suicide for either studio to go head-to-head. Neither one will likely budge for a while though, as to not appear weak.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/13/2014 5:50p).]
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
On May 6, 2016, Batman vs Superman will go head to head against Captain America 3.

The gauntlet has been thrown.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mystery-solved-captain-america-3-688384

Count me in for Cap America 3, and #2 hasn't even cone out yet.
TCTTS
AG
CA2 is getting insanely good reviews. Tracking to have an estimated $80M opening weekend. Cannot wait for that one.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Very excited for CA2 and GotG this year.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I for one like this "early" April opening when there's not much else out there, as opposed to trying to cram every blockbuster into a three month window.
TCTTS
AG
After CA2 opens to $80M-$90M that weekend, early April will definitely become a "thing" if it's not already. Not to mention, another huge blockbuster, Noah, hits just the week before...
jlb2957
AG
Am I the only one that doesn't think Eisenberg is a good actor at all? I loved Zombieland and I thought the social network was a really good movie, but that was more despite Eisenberg. He is the same guy in every movie and talks as though he is constantly nervous.
MrPlow2010
AG
nevermind about the riddler thing... just an april fools joke article

[This message has been edited by MrPlow2010 (edited 4/1/2014 1:33p).]
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I just read an article on my phone saying Michael Cera was cast as the Riddler . I'm not sure how that will work out.

Check that article date
TCTTS
AG
New minor cast members just added, the most random being Holly Hunter...

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/batmansuperman-pic-adds-holly-hunter-300s-callan-mulvey-tao-okamoto
Murder Hornet
AG
Batmannews.com now reporting that Cyborg has been cast. As if it weren't already clear, DC is pulling an un-Marvel and slamming as many characters into a Superman sequel as they can.

this movie should be called Man of Steel 2: we swear this isn't Justice League
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i keep forgetting this movie is coming out, despite HBO playing Man of Steel non-stop.

Really don't understand it, the more I watch Man of Steel, the more i like Cavil's Superman, although I can't say the same for anyone else outside of Russel Crowe's Jor-El and the two main military guys. Why they need to cram in 50 other superheroes just doesn't make any sense.

After multiple views, my favorite scene has become when Christopher Meloni tries to take down the female Kryptonian - watching helplessly as she withstands his machine gun and his pistol, and still pulls out his knife. I like that grit in a soldier, especially one without superpowers.
AliasMan02
AG
I just watched most of Man of Steel again the other day as well, and I return to how I always feel about it: there are some good performances in there, but that movie made NO SENSE.

The latest thing that irked me was during the sequence when Supes is trying to destroy the world engine while Lois simultaneously is trying to bomb the mother ship, they needed something for Superman to do to fill the time, so they made the world engine sprout arms to fight him hand-to-hand. WAT.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
that scene reminds me of the scene in inception when they are storming the snow fortress thing. I just kept thinking in the theater - why am i watching this BS?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
that scene reminds me of the scene in inception when they are storming the snow fortress thing.

I'm not sure that comparison really follows. In Inception, they were storming the fortress as part of an established set of rules in that world (actually they weren't storming the fortress, but were taking a shortcut through the maze to bypass the dreamer's defenses). In the scene that I was talking about, a piece of equipment spontaneously did something totally new and without context in order to sync up two simultaneous action sequences.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I guess my point was, it this forever long scene that was totally pointless because I knew the protagonist was going to reach his objective.
Aggies76
AG
I like Cavill's Superman too and really wish this sequel would focus on another story about him without all of these extraneous characters.
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
pointless because I knew the protagonist was going to reach his objective.

couldn't you say that about pretty much the entirety of every movie? if all you cared about was the ending, then why watch any movie? in the end, the hero usually wins and the bad guy loses.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.