Batman vs. Superman

313,846 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
LeFraud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Trailer looks great, but Wonder Woman is still beyond stupid.

Why would the really skinny chick from the Fast and Furious movies playing an ageless Amazonian woman who wears a skirt and a gold head band to fight people be stupid?

Don't forget about her invisible ship
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
I LOVE how they're acknowledging the major flaw of Man of Steel (that Superman saved NO ONE during that ridiculous final battle with Zod) and are not only placing Wayne in that scene, but showing HIM as the protector instead, using that as his motivation. Pretty damn cool.

Also, we've NEVER seen a Batman in action like this before. That shot of him using his grappling gun at the 2:55 is so freaking cool.
This. As much as I dislike the dark knight returns, that shot of Batman leaping from the comic was pretty bad ass
TCTTS
AG
Besides WW, my one main gripe from that trailer is some of the background CGI. I realize we're still eight months out, but a lot of those buildings look really bad. The capitol building, Bruce's mansion, etc. just look almost like paintings. Really weird.
Simplebay
AG
Dammit Jon Peters, why does superman need gaurds with guns? And a superman patch? Is that the fortress of solitude now?
TCTTS
AG
Btw, like we talked about in the last trailer, it truly does appear as if Superman has an army of loyalists or something in the desert acting as some kind of body guards. And then Batman - in a desert wear version of his uniform - tries to infiltrate the camp? That all looks/sounds so insane that it just might work.
TCTTS
AG
I mean, really, this is actually something that's in this movie. Is there any precedent for this in the comics?

Noblemen06
AG
Trailer reaction: SCHWING
TCTTS
AG
boogieman
AG
quote:
Trailer reaction: SCHWING
SCHA-WING!
Saxsoon
AG
Wow even the Luthor scenes I liked.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Sorry but MOS trailers looked amazing too. I'm not getting any hopes up until I see the movie. Snyder and WB have to earn it for me. I mean the trailer looks cool, but Snyder has never had an issue with visuals.
jeffk
AG
Is "Dawn of Justice" a play on Justice League?

And yeah, it looks awesome. But no one ever questions if Snyder can make something look awesome. I question whether he can write compelling characters and stories that make sense.
AliasMan02
AG
How has nobody yet mentioned that this trailer confirms that Joker killed Robin?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Bruce Wayne running into the middle of the chaos was awesome.

And as for the Batman in action, even though this is the bulkiest most armored Batman yet, something tells me Snyder will use CGI to make him move like he does in the comics and cartoons... Like a ninja. He's always been way too rigid and stiff before.

Beware that Batman in action. With Nolan we got 100% actual fighting. Bats went all Krav Maga on the bad guys, actually punching and kicking people. This looks to be effectively an entirely animated battle just like in MoS. A lot of people had real problems with that last time around.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Most definitely... Basically alluding that this is setting the stage for the Justice League. Pretty sure they're gonna have an Aquaman cameo as well.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
Bruce Wayne running into the middle of the chaos was awesome.

And as for the Batman in action, even though this is the bulkiest most armored Batman yet, something tells me Snyder will use CGI to make him move like he does in the comics and cartoons... Like a ninja. He's always been way too rigid and stiff before.

Beware that Batman in action. With Nolan we got 100% actual fighting. Bats went all Krav Maga on the bad guys, actually punching and kicking people. This looks to be effectively an entirely animated battle just like in MoS. A lot of people had real problems with that last time around.

Maybe, but Nolan's Batman you could tell that he really couldn't move that well. They basically used the Bourne/Shaky-Cam strategy and there were some times in the TDKR that the fighting looked pretty fake. And of course the Burton/Schumacher ones you had a Batman who couldn't even turn his neck.

I'm the first to complain about over-relying on CGI, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Batman closer to the cartoon and video games who has full range of motion and does all kinds of acrobatic flips and kicks.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Those tweets crack me up. I've been to Comic-Con. They've could of shown a My Little Pony trailer and the crowd would be going nuts.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

Most definitely... Basically eluding this is setting the stage for the Justice League. Pretty sure they're gonna have an Aquaman cameo as well.

So at the end of the climactic fight scene, Superman will help Batman up, slap him on the back and say "Good tussle, old sport. Let's team up!"
jokershady
AG
quote:
How has nobody yet mentioned that this trailer confirms that Joker killed Robin?
wait, what? Can you elaborate on this?
Bruce Almighty
AG
And the first time ever standing ovation is bull****.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Was Batman next to Luthor when he was talking to Supes? When he reaches down to touch Superman's chin, it looks like Batman is on the left of the screen to Luthor's right.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I'd be more impressed by a first time ever not standing ovation
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Wow even the Luthor scenes I liked.

I actually think Eisenberg could steal the show
Saxsoon
AG
I like Eisenberg. He fits the mindset of smug arrogant ******* better than any other actor out there. See The Social Network and Now You See Me
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
wait, what? Can you elaborate on this?

Robin's armor and staff are on display in the cave, spray painted "Ha ha Joke's on you, Batman."

Given Jokers history with Jason Todd, it's certain that Robin's death and Joker's subsequent apprehension led to the semi-retirement of Batman that it sounds like we will get at the start of the film.
jeffk
AG
Check out "A Death in the Family" story arc for the Batman-Joker-Robin stuff.

Or just read the Wikipedia article if you don't have the time for the full thing.
Saxsoon
AG
Red Hood Movie Confirmed????
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
Whoa! Where'd you hear that?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I liked the Suicide Squad trailer. Still don't like that interpretation of the Joker though. I guess I like it because the tone actually fits the characters.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Seriously, I can imagine five or six trailers EACH Comic-Con gets standing O's.

I would bet money that Man of Steel had a standing ovation.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Looks awesome. Given that these were my favorite two super hero characters growing up (I knew about Cap and Hulk but don't recall Iron Man or Thor, for instance) there was never any chance that I would not be excited about this movie. Now it just needs to live up to that preview.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
Whoa! Where'd you hear that?
I was joking about a Robin being dead
fig96
AG
quote:
The animated one may be the best DC feature so far.

As per the trailer, it looks awesome but as mentioned we know Snyder can do that. It does seem like it's coming from an interesting angle though, at least sets up the rivalry well.

Definitely more than shades of TDKR in this, Bruce also looks a bit older than I expected. Not sure on WW yet, she doesn't quite have the heroic build I'd like to see in the character.

It's got potential but some of the choices look a bit outside the box with the "red capes", we'll see what happens.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
1) I think Perry White had as many lines in the trailer as he did in MoS

2) Why does Superman have to wear his costume to the senate hearing? Why not just wear blue jeans and a t-shirt to win some support.

3) I actually kind of dug Wonder Woman's brief appearance there.

4) Still a little frustrated that if B and S were to actually fight; S could take B and throw him into another solar system if he really wanted to, so how is this really even a fight?
Dro07
AG
Batman has some some kryptonite on him or something that weakens him just enough. He previously had gloves that had some embedded but who knows if they will take that route.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.