Batman vs. Superman

313,852 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of, supposedly there's another trailer to be shown with Deadpool..
fig96
AG
Some really good points, though I think the whole concept vs execution idea is one that Snyder is often criticized for. I have no doubts this movie will look really cool, but the story remains to be seen.

Compare all the BvS stuff to Civil War. We know almost nothing about Civil War, yet I'm way more excited to see that largely due to what they haven't shown me.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. 2:12 in length, so a bit shorter than a full trailer, but still. Maybe, just maybe this one will be good/not deathly serious, as opposed to three before it, but I doubt it. Then again, anything is better than that last trailer. Regardless, it's comical at this point that A) there's yet another trailer coming, and B) we still have over SIX WEEKS until the movie hits theaters. How is that even possible?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
How is that even possible?
Perhaps they've decided that some of us think this movie is going to be bad, but not as terrible as we think Suicide Squad will be, and they want to try and sway that opinion here in the final run?
AliasMan02
AG
Just to illustrate your point, can you imagine that WB would have restrained themselves from showing Spider-Man, if the parties were reversed? No way.
TCTTS
AG
To me at least, Suicide Squad looks a hell of a lot more fun, actually. I seriously doubt it'll be a great movie, but I really do think I'm looking forward more to it than BvS.
TCTTS
AG
So true.
fig96
AG
Yup, great illustration.
dave94
AG
quote:
Granted, in the latest trailer, during their fight, Superman says to Batman, "Stay down. If I wanted it, you'd be dead already." So it's more like Superman is having to deal with an annoying kid brother, one he doesn't really want to kill. In that sense, I get it, and it makes it more believable. In fact, on paper, this movie seems to legitimately feature quite a few little clever explanations/motivations like that. Again, the set-up is pretty genius; the way they've incorporated the biggest critique of Man of Steel into the narrative, and basically made Batman an audience/critic surrogate. That's brilliant. And Lex as a tech savvy, Zuckerberg CEO type is a really cool angle as well. On paper. It's just the execution of these elements - from what we've seen in the trailers - that seems to be missing the mark.

If anything, let this be a prime example as to what happens when you start marketing a movie too early. For all its uncertainties, it feels like this movie came out months ago. We've been talking about the various trailers FOREVER, never mind the MONTHS of pouring over set photos and early official stills prior. It's one thing when your movie is marketed as brilliantly as The Force Awakens, and features such an infectuous sense of mystery, adventure, and optimism. But for something as dreary, heavy-handed, and uber serious as BvS, less is definitely more. I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with every new trailer and commercial, going all the way back to April of last year. I just honestly, truly don't care anymore. I don't care if this movie is bad, I don't care if it's good. I'm simply numb to the experience as a whole.
Wow, that really does sum up the way the lead up has been.
TCTTS
AG
Now this is more like it. If anything, the action in this movie looks to be insane. And that opening Batman sequence is nails. I'm still skeptical overall, but this is at least the first trailer to get me mildly excited...

AggieLitigator
That new trailer looks completely badass
jabberwalkie09
AG
Why wasn't this trailer the FIRST trailer? This is much better than the others IMO.

As an aside, looks like Clark might score with Lois. I say, good job old boy.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Agreed. That's by far the best marketing they've done. I've suspected that I'd love this take on Batman at least, and that seems to be in the cards.
AggieLitigator
If that trailer doesn't get anyone excited then you're one of those fans that hates a movie just because it seems like everyone else hates on it
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Why wasn't this trailer the FIRST trailer? This is much better than the others IMO.

As an aside, looks like Clark might score with Lois. I say, good job old boy.

Maybe this will result in bringing Superman Returns back into canon, as fans have been demanding for years.
Flashdiaz
AG
looks better... still hate most of Lex's lines though.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Affleck is definitely bringing it. The more I see of him as Wayne, the more I like. Also, I've watched that opening sequence three times now. So cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
much better than previously seen, although I'm still more excited about WW than either of the two heavies.
AgMarauder04
AG
OK, so Batman is the protagonist? That's what I get from this trailer. Batman is the good guy and superman is...not the bad guy, but not the good guy.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
OK, so Batman is the protagonist? That's what I get from this trailer. Batman is the good guy and superman is...not the bad guy, but not the good guy.
probably just the way the trailer was cut... both will be in between with valid justifications for their actions.

would have been interesting to release 2 trailers at the same time, one with a heavy slant and focus on Batman and the other with Superman.
nickstro66
AG
This trailer has me a lot more excited about this movie. Still not as excited as I am for Deadpool and Civil War, but it makes up for the last trailer.
Simplebay
AG
Fantastic trailer.

I want a full movie of the first 30 seconds. Skip Justice League, go right for that. and that final shot of superman confused/scared ****less.... wow. THIS is what we need. It makes that Doomsday trailer look so bad.

I know now exactly how this movie will be. The great parts will be great, but too few and far between. It looks to be one, maybe 2 fights max between batman and Superman, and batman wont have enough of his own story. Then the main plot of lex, doomsday, intro of wonder woman/JL, random great looking visions with no real world consequences will be the major chunk of the movie.

It will make for a: we love 95% everything batman, too bad he's going to be only about 25% of the movie. and overall it will be average, enough to keep DC afloat, but maybe think about singling down the story next movie, and getting that Batfleck movie(s) into the fast track.
TajMaballer
AG
Looks really good! My only concern is that we have already seen the majority of the Batman "vs" Superman of the story or that it will be more of a Batman "meets" Superman.

Also, at the very least, we get what looks like an awesome take on Batman.
jackie childs
agreed...this trailer is infinitely better than anything we've seen before. imagine how cool it would be if we'd only seen teasers before this one hit.

as an example, this is how batman's "supes buster" suit should have been revealed all along. the second most obvious question (other than "why are they fighting anyway?) is how could batman possibly stand a chance against superman. so you show batman getting whipped by superman time and time again, then at the end of the trailer, show him block a punch in the new and improved suit to give us a sense that he might actually stand a chance. unfortunately, we've already seen him wearing the suit in the previously released trailers, so it didn't really have any "oh cool!" factor.

dcaggie04
AG
So is this version of Batman has some bit of super strength? I don't remember previous versions of Batman punching a bad guy in a fight and having him fly across the room or throwing another in to CMU wall and the wall cratering.
jeffk
AG
quote:
So is this version of Batman has some bit of super strength? I don't remember previous versions of Batman punching a bad guy in a fight and having him fly across the room or throwing another in to CMU wall and the wall cratering.

He's older now and has a suit that upgrades his physical strength.
fig96
AG
Good to see Snyder clearly has the "this will look really freakin' cool" aspect covered.

Fingers crossed for the story.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:

He's older now and has a suit that upgrades his physical strength.
Ok, that makes sense. I just hope they mention that during the actual film.
M.C. Swag
AG
Nope, they'll just assume everyone understands - robot suit = superman strength

/light hearted sarcasm
rhutton125
AG
The batman action looked good. Hated the Wonder Woman charge. Silly-looking physics stunts like that may drag the whole thing down into a CGI slog if they aren't careful, and not the good kind of CGI. The kind that isn't very thrilling and destroys half of Metropolis for fun.

Just don't know what to think. What I'm pretty certain of is that 1) I don't trust Zack Snyder, and 2) I know 80% of how the movie will play out without even buying a ticket. Which sucks.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Nope, they'll just assume everyone understands - robot suit = superman strength

/light hearted sarcasm
I'm mostly talking about the first fight scene where he is in a "normal" suit.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
The batman action looked good. Hated the Wonder Woman charge. Silly-looking physics stunts like that may drag the whole thing down into a CGI slog if they aren't careful, and not the good kind of CGI. The kind that isn't very thrilling and destroys half of Metropolis for fun.

Just don't know what to think. What I'm pretty certain of is that 1) I don't trust Zack Snyder, and 2) I know 80% of how the movie will play out without even buying a ticket. Which sucks.
Yea, this trailer revealed even more.

I'd be shocked if there were anything that would genuinely surprise me at this point.
tamusc
AG
I thought most of the action in this new trailer looked great, but the music just seemed terribly out of place to me.
AggieLitigator
quote:
agreed...this trailer is infinitely better than anything we've seen before. imagine how cool it would be if we'd only seen teasers before this one hit.

as an example, this is how batman's "supes buster" suit should have been revealed all along. the second most obvious question (other than "why are they fighting anyway?) is how could batman possibly stand a chance against superman. so you show batman getting whipped by superman time and time again, then at the end of the trailer, show him block a punch in the new and improved suit to give us a sense that he might actually stand a chance. unfortunately, we've already seen him wearing the suit in the previously released trailers, so it didn't really have any "oh cool!" factor.

Agree completely

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.