Batman vs. Superman

313,872 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Was there anything in Man of Steel that would hint at any other characters in the universe? What was cool about Iron Man was Shield in the background and of course the epicness of Nick Fury at the end. I still get chills thinking about watching that post credit scene for the first time in theaters. There was nothing in Man of Steel (to my knowledge) that gave me a glimmer of excitement.

Also, with Marvel movies, the rewatchability is insane. Even for the "bad" ones, they are still fun to rewatch. Man of Steel, I without fail, fall asleep towards the end.

... super girl might exist, but I think that's it.

I hope Batman doesn't ask this of Supergirl, it would be a bit awkward:

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Wasn't there an Aquaman insinuation when he saved the people on the oil rig?

There was a quick shot of whales swimming and according to DC it was... but nobody in their right mind during that scene thought, "oh hey it's Aquaman!"

wanewman

AggieLitigator
nickstro66
AG
New Suicide Squad trailer. I'm a fan.

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/18/suicide-squad-trailer-2-officially-released/
AgMarauder04
AG
I'll give it a solid "meh"
dave94
AG
The whole special was pretty Meh. They're trying too hard, but I guess they have to.

"The thing that will surprise people is how all of these movies are tied together!" (Paraphrased)
AggieLitigator
Trailer looks eh maybe but I will see it for Margot Robbie
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
The whole special was pretty Meh. They're trying too hard, but I guess they have to.

"The thing that will surprise people is how all of these movies are tied together!" (Paraphrased)

Seeing the destruction of whatever that city is (Gotham, I assume) makes me wonder if we're not looking at the result of a Doomsday attack, and Bats is off having starting contests with Supes.
Whos Juan
AG
Welp, we were complaining that the DC universe was too dark and brooding. Here's their attempt at humor.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:

Seeing the destruction of whatever that city is (Gotham, I assume) makes me wonder if we're not looking at the result of a Doomsday attack, and Bats is off having starting contests with Supes.
Very good theory.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

As I recall, Batfleck will have a role in Suicide Squad
Ad Rock
I honestly don't know what in the hell is going on. Aren't they supposed to be bros? On the same team? Good (batman and superman and all the other weird super heros) vs evil

No some ballbag is trying to make the 2 enemies?
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
ballbag

I have never seen/heard the term "ballbag" before. This is my go to now on the Internet.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
I honestly don't know what in the hell is going on. Aren't they supposed to be bros? On the same team? Good (batman and superman and all the other weird super heros) vs evil

No some ballbag is trying to make the 2 enemies?
They've been on opposite sides before in the comics too. They aren't just making this up for shigs.
Ad Rock
Thank u pal, for giving me the low down. I wasn't one of those dorks who read comics, now I'm understanding things.

Let's talk about how awful the batman costume looks like in the preview. Is he supposed to be batman on steroids? The batman looks bigger then the superman
fig96
AG
You do realize those are the same dorks answering your questions?
jabberwalkie09
AG

I may actually see this movie just because of Batman..... OK and maybe for Wonder Woman too.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:

I may actually see this movie just because of Batman..... OK and maybe for Wonder Woman too.
I really liked this TV spot. Kind of explains what we already knew about Bruce being upset because of the Supes/Zod battle and the fallout from it.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
If there's a 1% chance superman is your enemy, you must destroy him? Wow, that's dumb.
fig96
AG
quote:
If there's a 1% chance superman is your enemy, you must destroy him? Wow, that's dumb.
Bruce apparently didn't make his money wagering on the stock market.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But if that 1% means Superman wipes out the human race, do you take that chance?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I understand the thinking that IF Superman goes bad he COULD wipe out humanity, but why risk pushing him to that brink on such small odds? Why not just come up with a contingency plan that may never have to be used?

This was already a plotline in the animated film "Justice League: Doom" in which it's revealed that Batman has contingency plans against every member of the Justice League to take them down if they go rogue. And I've also heard in some comics that Batman carries around a small piece of Kryptonite in a lead case just in case he needs it to use against Superman.

Batman appointing himself judge, jury and executioner just feels out of place. And he sounds bitter and overly emotional. We'll see if this is a good take on the character or not.

This may still be a good movie, but I don't know...it still just seems........off.
TajMaballer
AG
I feel like after one conversation with him, it would be clear that he isn't going to harm the earth. Also, does Batfleck look a little like Jason Sudekis to anyone else.

This all being said, I'm excited to see how Affleck does.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Weirdly enough, Ben Affleck as Batman is the thing I'm most excited for about this movie. I really want him to be good.
fig96
AG
At this point I just don't trust Snyder's take on the character. I didn't love Nolan's either, to be honest, but that's a whole other tangent.

Snyder has repeatedly shown that he can create killer visuals without much story to support them, and combining that what seems like a rapidly pieced together DCU doesn't bode well for a consistent universe for these films.

I'd love to be wrong, and I'll totally be seeing this either way, but I'm going in with low expectations.

P.S. Justice League: Doom was really interesting, the whole concept of Batman having contingencies for every other hero was pretty fascinating.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, Batman is the ultimate detective - investigating, planning and making contingency plans for contingency plans. Hauling off and attacking Superman because he MIGHT decide to wipe out humanity flies in the face of everything we know about his character.
The Collective
AG
Yea. Doesn't seem like Batman at all, but I'm not well-versed on the comics.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
New trailer just released. Some new footage but nothing Earth shattering.

Dro07
AG
I figured Wonder Womans invisible airplane looked better than what they showed in the trailer
Noblemen06
AG
I dig it...
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
I figured Wonder Womans invisible airplane looked better than what they showed in the trailer
nickstro66
AG
Any speculation as to why Superman would hate Batman? I'm having trouble figuring that out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm guessing you're missing the rubble in the trailer which has a Wayne Enterprises crest in it, from the aftermath of the Zod and Superman beat down that was handed out to Metropolis? It also happens to be the same scene in which Wayne is hugging a child looking upward.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Any speculation as to why Superman would hate Batman? I'm having trouble figuring that out.
I don't think he hates him, but the trailers make it seem that Superman doesn't tolerate Batman's brutal tactics in dealing with criminals; although that seems a little pot/kettle considering Superman ended the first movie by snapping Zod's neck.

I'm more confused of why Superman just wouldn't go talk to Bruce Wayne, because there's no way he doesn't know that Wayne = Batman, just as it should be that anyone with a IQ above 30 should realize that Kent = Superman.

The ridiculous Kent with the glasses disguise takes me to Mystery Men when Blue Raja, Mr. Furious, and the Shoveler are arguing over Captain Amazing's secret identity.

The Shoveller: If we had a billionaire like Lance Hunt as our benefactor...
Mr. Furious: That's because Lance Hunt IS Captain Amazing!
The Shoveller: Oh, here we go...
The Shoveller: Don't start that AGAIN. Lance Hunt wears glasses, Captain Amazing DOESN'T wear glasses.
Mr. Furious: He takes them off when he transforms...
The Shoveller: That doesn't make any sense, he wouldn't be able to see!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.