Batman vs. Superman

313,763 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This would probably make a better plot.

TCTTS
AG
I'll be honest, as horrible as the rest of this movie sounds, the evil, bizzaro-Zuckerberg vibe of Luthor/Lexcorp actually sounds kind of cool. If anything, it's at least fresh and contemporary...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=102083
TCTTS
AG
A few minor plot/costume details from JoBlo...

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-details-on-wonder-womans-costume-more-for-batman-v-superman-170
Vander
AG
quote:
A few minor plot/costume details from JoBlo...

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-details-on-wonder-womans-costume-more-for-batman-v-superman-170

Great decision on the battle armor skirt style. I've always felt that her traditional look wouldn't work for a movie, especially if they are going for a more realistic and grittier DC. Wonder Woman should look like a warrior and going with a more traditional Greek warrior look would do it.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't read comics so I'm sure the DC fanboys think this is blasphemy, but I just can't stand the idea of Batman hanging out with Superman, Wonder Woman, (sigh) Aquaman etc... It just doesn't make sense.

I wish he was a stand alone character, which to me he always has been... That is he was until this stupid ass movie came along.
jeffk
AG
To be fair, I don't think Batman liked hanging out with them much either.
AliasMan02
AG
Best JL incarnation was the Bruce Timm toon that had Batman get invited, then say... "Nah."
G.I.Bro
I don't consider myself a comic book reader, but I do read batman graphic novels and watch all the animated movies. I prefer batman by himself, but Superman's role in the dark knight returns was good, and I thought batman's role in justice league doom was fantastic
Saxsoon
AG
Batman always seemed like the voice of reason in the Justice League cartoon and seemed like he was surrounded by a bunch of power entitled idiot ******bags. Which is just how he should be.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
I don't consider myself a comic book reader, but I do read batman graphic novels and watch all the animated movies. I prefer batman by himself, but Superman's role in the dark knight returns was good, and I thought batman's role in justice league doom was fantastic

Superman was in DKR?
G.I.Bro
Yes
el aggie
AG
*Not the theatrical version starring Christian Bale.
Sex Panther
AG
The Dark Knight Returns is a really famous Graphic Novel about Bruce Wayne in his 50's. He comes out of retirement and ends up fighting Superman in a krypton powered suit and winning.

It's ok, I don't think it's near as good as the hype. I liked The Long Halloween, and Dark Victory way more. Year One is pretty good too, although it's kind of boring since there are no villains.
G.I.Bro
I'm currently reading the long Halloween. Have you read the court of the owls?
AliasMan02
AG
Court of Owls was a great arc, only to be followed by Death of the Family, one of the worst arcs ever.
Simplebay
AG
trailer description?...

The Batman vs Superman trailer starts with a dark screen with the voice over of General Zod's "you are not alone message" the screen slowly pans and it reveals that the scene is inside the Batcave. The camera slowly pans to a shot where you can only see the back of Batman but he is not yet wearing his cowl. Every monitor in the Batcave is playing Zod's video. After the message is complete, Batman wears his cowl turns to the camera and the trailer ends with the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice logo being revealed.
TCTTS
AG
Link? What's the source?

Actually sounds cool, but even though they've been shooting for a while, I seriously doubt they release a teaser two years before release.
AliasMan02
AG
That movie title makes me want to punt orphans into traffic every time I see it.
Simplebay
AG
having something for SDCC does make sense however. and here's the source

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/26312/20140625/batman-vs-superman-trailer-san-diego-comic-con-2014.htm
TCTTS
AG
Forgot about Comic-Con. Yeah, I've heard they'll be debuting footage there. Who knows if we'll get to see it...
TCTTS
AG
Scoot McNairy has just been cast. Speculation is he's playing Nightwing. Either way, I'm board with more Scoot McNairy in anything...

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/scoot-mcnairy-batman-v-superman/
AliasMan02
AG
Would they cast him just to kill him, as once suspected?
Sex Panther
AG
Scoot McNairy is going to play a super hero?
FTACO97
AG
I could see him playing a Batman villain (Joker, Riddler, Scarecrow) but not Nightwing...
fig96
AG
quote:
Court of Owls was a great arc, only to be followed by Death of the Family, one of the worst arcs ever.

Yes and yes. Not to mention a lot of folks don't know who Damien is to start with.

The general concept behind the Court of Owls storyline could be a great film actually.
SteadicaTm
AG
Spoiler Alert

I was scouting a location yesterday and the site rep let it slip that two of his friends were designing Manbat for SvsB.
Vander
AG
quote:

Superman's role in DKR was an insult to the character. Frank Miller HATES Superman and thinks of him as a government stooge and boyscout who would do whatever was asked of him. This representation of Superman is one of the worst representations of the character in the entire history of his existence as a fictional person. Frank Miller did not and does not understand Superman. If they use that story as the primary influence for this movie then it will be bad.

Batman and Superman do have issues with each other, but it is one of method, not ideology. One uses hope and one uses fear, but both have absolute belief in their fight for the innocent no matter who they may be. They are not best friends for no reason in the comics, they have absolute trust in each other the same way that soldiers fighting alongside each other do. Superman giving Batman Kryptonite is no accident. That is how I hope they ultimately portray this friendship. Two very strong-willed personalities with differing methods that cause initial tension but ultimately the same goals have them becoming great friends.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Spoiler Alert

I was scouting a location yesterday and the site rep let it slip that two of his friends were designing Manbat for SvsB.

Manbat would be a curious addition. I could see him being a Lexcorp creation to deal with Batman, but I fear that this may lead to the introduction of Bizzaro as a similar dopplegabger for Supes.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not two months ago, I sat through "The Amazing Spider Man 2" and witnessed a desperate Sony try and launch multiple spinoffs by cramming way too many plotlines, characters and villains into one movie to serve as a launching pad. It was one of the worst comic book films since the hated "Batman and Robin."

It should stand as a warning to others about biting off more than one movie can support. This Superman v Batman movie looks to be doing the insane thing of attempting to top Spider Man 2 in cramming more and more into one film and I don't see any way it can be any good.
Sex Panther
AG
I actually think ManBat would be a cool villain on screen for Batman but agree with the above post. They are already cramming so much in, this is going to be a disaster.
fig96
AG
Spidey 2 at least looked good and had some great action sequences and some decent acting, story aside. B&R just failed on every level.

And agreed on Man-Bat, lots of cool potential for a standalone Batman film but feeling very tacked on feeling for this film.

Batman has some truly great villains to explore, not to mention his original intent of fighting a corrupt Gotham that we haven't seen explored onscreen. The possibilities for him in his own films with a bit more "comic" feel than the dramatic Nolan films are almost endless. I'm afraid we won't ever get to see those the way things are going, unfortunately.
Seven Psycho Ags
This movie will be bonkers
TCTTS
AG
Thanks for the tip, SteadicaTm. Agreed that that might actually be kind of cool.
Sex Panther
AG
Makes you think Scoot McNairy was probably cast as Dr. Kirk Langstrom.
Simplebay
AG
new image in Clark Kent mode. be interesting to see how he pulls of Clark. I don't think Cavill has the chops/charisma to pull it off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.