Batman vs. Superman

313,896 Views | 2333 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Batman looks cool but still skeptical on the Super-Man angle. Music was dumb and I can't stand Lex Luthor in this. "Day vs Night?" Did a 5th grader write that? I just have this feeling that the first half of the movie will be good and when the team up happens, the movie will get dumb.
AgMarauder04
AG
This trailer made me go from "meh" to maybe I'll catch a matinee.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Glad to hear positive things about the new trailer.

Going to see Deadpool tonight, so I'm gonna hold off so I can see it in the theater for the first time.

Haven't done that in a long time.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Best trailer yet, but still not something I'll likely see in theaters. The marketing up to this point has just done far more harm than good.

Affleck as batman is going to be worth a standalone film, though. I bet Gadot nails WW, too.
AliasMan02
AG
Watching again, the highlight for me is how brutal Batman is against the thugs in the building. Just maximum takedown efficiency.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i think my overarching problem is that now that Star Wars is back in play, superhero movies just aren't nearly as interesting to me as they once were. I didn't see Age of Ultron in theaters and don't regret it; and if I have the chance to see BvS, Apocalypse, or Civil War in the cinema, I'll be happy, but if I don't, it's not going to break my heart waiting 6-12 months to catch it somewhere else.

For my thinly-stretched dollar, the only must see movies right now are Star Wars and GOTG2.
wangus12
AG
quote:
OK, so Batman is the protagonist? That's what I get from this trailer. Batman is the good guy and superman is...not the bad guy, but not the good guy.
Batman is always the good guy. Super man can go EAD.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some speculation from IO9

Bats shoots a projectile at Supes; IO9 speculates he wants Superman to catch whatever this is.

Hope Clark invested in the PPO from the Daily Planet.

Yes, please

This looks fake as sh111t in repetition.

AgMarauder04
AG
Who punches like that?
jackie childs
quote:
Who punches like that?
in his defense, with super speed and super strength, sometimes pugilistic technique gets a little sloppy
JCRiley09
AG
It's really hard to believe that the movie that provided this trailer is the same that provided the last one.
Simplebay
AG

TajMaballer
AG
quote:

Bats shoots a projectile at Supes; IO9 speculates he wants Superman to catch whatever this is.

Ahhh this makes me flashback to season 1 of Arrow. Good times!

Also, Any word on if Green Arrow is going to be in this universe?
jr15aggie
AG
I just really can't stand the Luthor character. IMO you just can't make that kind of mistake in casting and expect the movie to be as epic as you are hoping. May not ruin the movie, but definitely takes it down a couple notches in my eyes. There are probably a dozen relatively unknown actors that would have nailed that role... and mainstream "breakout" performances always improve the like-ability of a movie.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
quote:
quote:

He isn't yet and if he is, it won't be the same one from the CW.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Not slated right now. Stupid on WB's part, as Green Arrow is insanely popular, thanks to the CW.
SeattleAgJr
We know kryptonite comes into play from an earlier trailer, and that Luthor knows that it is Superman's weakness.

I bet Batman gets it somehow, makes the bullet, Supes catches it, is weakened, hence the scene.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Not slated right now. Stupid on WB's part, as Green Arrow is insanely popular, thanks to the CW.

But Flash is, and he is more popular (ratings wise) than Arrow.
rhutton125
AG
Spoilery discussion question:

***spoilers possibly***

By the end of this film, we're supposed to see Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash join the frey. The rumor is that the final act of the film is kind of the Dawn of Justice portion.

My question is... how the hell do you set that up? Do you tease one or two lines each? Is that enough? Do you make no real references and hope the casual audience recognizes these characters or perhaps has heard the buzz to know that Khal Drogo is Aquaman?

It seems like a lose/lose to me. The Doomsday trailer already (IMO) cheesed up the Wonder Woman reveal. I cringe to think of the many ways one could mess up the rest of the introductions.

I guess maybe I'll be surprised. Thoughts? Expectations? Fears? Hopes?
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Spoilery discussion question:

***spoilers possibly***

By the end of this film, we're supposed to see Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash join the frey. The rumor is that the final act of the film is kind of the Dawn of Justice portion.

My question is... how the hell do you set that up? Do you tease one or two lines each? Is that enough? Do you make no real references and hope the casual audience recognizes these characters or perhaps has heard the buzz to know that Khal Drogo is Aquaman?

It seems like a lose/lose to me. The Doomsday trailer already (IMO) cheesed up the Wonder Woman reveal. I cringe to think of the many ways one could mess up the rest of the introductions.

I guess maybe I'll be surprised. Thoughts? Expectations? Fears? Hopes?
aquaman will get attacked by an octopus... Cyborg will attempt to help but will electrocute himself when he dives in. Flash will try to help as well but just ends up skipping on the surface of the water like a skipping stone because he's too fast to submerge and help.

Wonder Woman will dive in and help and come out all wet. All superheroes and villians (except Green Lantern) will stop and watch.
AliasMan02
AG
I expect it to be like the pilot of Gotham. Just full of coincidences and hamfisted intros.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
spoiiler space -----

a very early report said we see flash and aquaman as prisoners of luthor. He's been collecting it seems, and perhaps they get freed near the end, so maybe we don't necessarily see them "in action"

Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
spoiiler space -----

a very early report said we see flash and aquaman as prisoners of luthor. He's been collecting it seems, and perhaps they get freed near the end, so maybe we don't necessarily see them "in action"

interesting... like a reverse Arkham Asylum.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Wonder Woman will dive in and help and come out all wet. All superheroes and villians (except Green Lantern) will stop and watch.

LOL.....wait....GL is gay?????
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
I just really can't stand the Luthor character. IMO you just can't make that kind of mistake in casting and expect the movie to be as epic as you are hoping. May not ruin the movie, but definitely takes it down a couple notches in my eyes. There are probably a dozen relatively unknown actors that would have nailed that role... and mainstream "breakout" performances always improve the like-ability of a movie.
I'm betting that's the point. I'm thinking Eisenberg's Luthor is pulling a Darth Jar Jar and being annoying on purpose. He wants people to overlook and ignore somebody annoying so he can manipulate in the background.

Or maybe I'm giving too much credit to DC, who hasn't really earned it yet for these movies.
dave94
AG
Love the Batman stuff at the beginning, but then that damned "1% chance - absolute certainty" dialogue still sounds like absolute crap.

I am definitely more optimistic now, but like someone else said, it seems they aren't exactly holding back WOW moments at all.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
It hasn't been hinted in any way, but I wonder if Batman gets hit with some scarecrow fear gas early on, causing the nightmare about Superman's evil dictator world and prompting his urgent need to stop Supes.
M.C. Swag
AG
There's some speculation that...

****potential spoiler*****

Batman's vision of the "Superman Empire" are a product of DarkSeid and that they are setting him up to be the Thanos of the DC Justice League universe.

****end of potential spoiler*****
TCTTS
AG
Veeeery interesting...

HitFix / 'Batman v Superman: Could DC's Entire Slate Be in Jeopardy?'
Jim01
AG
Glad to hear Affleck is good. Surprised by them saying Eisenberg is great. He is the weakest part of the movie frmo the trailers to me. His hair and his goofiness. his dialogue. I don't know. I'm just still so unsure of him in this movie.
double aught
AG
Couldn't totally get into the trailer due to the poor music choice.
fig96
AG
Yeah, his character and the tone just seems to be a bit off for the general feel they're going for. Or maybe it's just cheesy no matter what the tone. Ha, and he just said "I think DC has some tone issues" after I typed that

I think the analysis in the vid is pretty spot on, BvS probably isn't going to be the film that can really launch this universe. And the fact they don't have a Kevin Feige in charge isn't helping them.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Veeeery interesting...

Not terribly surprising. Has your buddy at WB commented? Or have they gone radio silent?

If this needs to make $1 billion for folks to keep their jobs, then those folks had better start updating resumes. Hope your friend isn't one of them!

Do like the idea of Affleck getting his own batman movie no matter what, though. I have a feeling he'd nail it in a standalone film.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Veeeery interesting...

I think a lot of us have more or less predicted this.
M.C. Swag
AG
hmm $1b isn't as hard to break as it used to be unless it's a complete dumpster fire.

Furious 7, Jurrasic World, and even Transformers: Age of Extinction all made over $1b and they were terrible. I think BvS has marketed itself close to that category already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.