*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

258,539 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
rhoswen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep thinking about when Julie was talking to Paul after they left the house, Raven was standing behind him... she seriously looked like she had some sort of head injury or mental faculties were gone.
aggiedrew08
AG
I think Cody thought Paul played the better game, BUT that b/c of all the crap Paul put Jess & Cody thru, Cody decided to throw a final "screw you" at Paul and voted for Josh. Probably something similar with Mark/Elena as well.
Mucho austin
AG
rhoswen said:

I keep thinking about when Julie was talking to Paul after they left the house, Raven was standing behind him... she seriously looked like she had some sort of head injury or mental faculties were gone.

So she looks like she did all season?
Carl Underguard
AG
I'm glad for Josh since he's a superfan, but ******* did I hate his guts. Rationalizing the jury vote isn't of much use - they were just bitter. There were good reasons for them to vote against Paul, but they couldn't give any. Just look at Alex. Or Mark saying that Josh and Paul both made moves throughout the season. Yes Paul mismanaged them, but this was an emotional thing. Saying that Paul lost their votes by attacking them while they were down doesn't make sense when they voted for the actual attacker. Paul bungled the ending, but I will never forget how much Josh infuriated me this season.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Quote:

I loved the look on Pauls face when he knew Cody was going to be the deciding vote.
Anyone got a screen shot or GIF of this?
Aggie Infantry
AG

2:20 mark...
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
I've only been watching for a few seasons. Is Paul the only person in Big Brother history to lose twice to a girl?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I saw someone post on twitter only Paul could pull off the, "Paul the newbie loses to a vet, then Paul the vet loses to a newbie."
MooreTrucker
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Final houseguest ranking - Cameron was 7th as a litmus test.

http://www.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/bbratings/showrankings.php
Cameron was #6 on Day 95 (may have been updated after you posted).

The fun part was that even Megan was higher than Alex/Paul/Christmas/Raven/Matt, and she QUIT THE GAME.

Of the "Final 8", the only one higher than #10 was Kevin.
MooreTrucker
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

1:20 is when he knew he was done, though....
4stringAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Aggie Infantry said:

1:20 is when he knew he was done, though....
Actually, you could see it starting to sink in at 1:10 when Julie announced Mark's vote for Josh. At that point, Josh was sweating it probably because of the fights he and Mark had. Once Josh got Mark's vote, I think Paul knew Elena and Cody would follow.
4stringAg
AG
Jason said it when Will was doing the jury interview: "Paul 'over-lied' ". Basically overplayed his hand with all the backdoors and trying to avoid getting blood on his hands for each evictee not apparently realizing some of them might put 2 and 2 together realizing that Paul played them like a fiddle. Nor did he anticipate Josh having the smarts to out him in his goodbye messages to the evictees.

Then when he just didn't own his game in the jury Q&A and claimed he came in at a disadvantage, it was all over. I thought Josh was stupid as hell for taking him to final 2 but maybe Josh had a better read on the jury than I gave him credit for. I have no idea if he would have won over Christmas but in that scenario, I'm not sure how the "angry at Paul" contingent like Alex/Jason/Mark/Elena/Cody would vote.
Flashdiaz
AG
I still think Josh should have taken Nudie Magazine Day (my favorite alt name).... maybe Raven and Matt vote for her because they're idiots but who else would have voter for her?

That being said, I loved how it came to Cody's vote and he won afp. Good ending to a terrible season.
Bunk Moreland
4stringAg said:

Jason said it when Will was doing the jury interview: "Paul 'over-lied' ". Basically overplayed his hand with all the backdoors and trying to avoid getting blood on his hands for each evictee not apparently realizing some of them might put 2 and 2 together realizing that Paul played them like a fiddle. Nor did he anticipate Josh having the smarts to out him in his goodbye messages to the evictees.

Then when he just didn't own his game in the jury Q&A and claimed he came in at a disadvantage, it was all over. I thought Josh was stupid as hell for taking him to final 2 but maybe Josh had a better read on the jury than I gave him credit for. I have no idea if he would have won over Christmas but in that scenario, I'm not sure how the "angry at Paul" contingent like Alex/Jason/Mark/Elena/Cody would vote.

Exactly. Not to toot my own horn, but to toot my own horn... I said as much a few days ago on the thread

Quote:

And to that point...I think an argument could be made (not by Xmas or the oaf though because they're incapable of it) that Paul overplayed too many situations, and he simply didn't have to constantly be setting up close votes/tie votes/wonky votes and playing everyone.

Lucky for Josh that the jury made the argument for him.
Bunk Moreland
highlights from a Julie Chen interview..."Paul was robbed!"

Easy for her to say that without considering the advantage he was given by production. Anyone with that advantage was not "robbed" even if he played a better game than Josh. In the end his lack of respect for the HG's that he draped in "#friendship" pissed too many off....off to the quotes

Quote:

Do you think the jury made the right decision?
I think the jury made the wrong choice. Paul was robbed. But Josh was no slouch. He won competitions, had a conscience and didn't mislead people in the same slick way that Paul did.
lol.

Quote:

Paul looked shell-shocked by the vote. Being there, what was your take on how stunned and disappointed he was?
More than stunned, I think Paul was embarrassed and upset. But more embarrassed than anything. You could feel his frustration with himself for miscalculating how the jury would ultimately vote. He should have shown more remorse in his final plea to the jury. And he shouldn't have been making faces during Josh's speech to the jury.

Quote:

Speaking of surprises, what do you think about Cody winning the fan favorite vote, even though he was out of the house pretty early twice!
Cody not only won America's Favorite Houseguest, but he won by A LOT! Wow. I guess people responded to him suddenly being the underdog and being persona non grata in the house. He was also not a phony. He was straightforward with people if he didn't like you, he told you to your face for better or worse. People responded to his honesty if you will.

Goose
AG
Essentially, the vote keys for Paul said "PAUL" and the vote keys for Josh should have said "NOT-FOR-PAUL"
MooreTrucker
AG
Not to get political here, but my wife compared it to a certain big vote we had recently in this country....
Bunk Moreland
good point by her.

Essentially...BB19 was so bad that a dude like Josh winning is what the season deserves.
aggietoolman
AG
As noted earlier in this thread, Paul played it a lot like Russell Hantz did in Survivor. The social part of the game is too big. If Paul had played the same moves, but been quiet about it and nice to people instead of the bullying crap, he might have won.

The x-factor in all of that was the relationship with Raven. If that was as open in the jury house and she is as hated by the jury as people have noted, it might not have mattered how Paul played. It seemed obvious that some in the jury hated how CBS laid it out for Paul to win. My guess is that those 5 would have voted for anyone but Paul.
AcctAg11
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Not to get political here, but my wife compared it to a certain big vote we had recently in this country....

I can't wait to read the Amazon reviews for the eventual book Paul writes.

"What Happened by Paul A."
AcctAg11
AG
I think the only thing that could've made the finale better would be Julie Chen saying to the houseguests/Paul after AFH was announced:

"America sends their regards"

(Credit to Reddit)
JDUB08AG
AG
So I wasn't able to watch last night, but obviously know what happened. This is the only time this season (save the first couple of episodes) that I legitimately can't wait to watch. This no longer the worst season for me.
Sex Panther
AG
AcctAg11 said:

I think the only thing that could've made the finale better would be Julie Chen saying to the houseguests/Paul after AFH was announced:

(Credit to Reddit)

Cody - "Tell Paul it was me... I want him to know"
Flashdiaz
AG
post game interview with Paul:

Do you think you were too focused on avoiding repeating your mistakes from last season that you weren't considering enough that this is a different group of people who will react differently to things?
Paul: Maybe. I was just trying to send everybody off on a positive note. I just saw the petty things that happened throughout the season, like the fights that people got into over pillows, cereal, cat ears, soda. These people got pissed off over the dumbest things so I tried to pet them as nicely as I could because anything would just trigger these people. It wasn't easy. It was a lot of different personalities. I was the odd man out, and I had to figure it all out.

You and Cody had a very interesting relationship all season. What was it like having Cody's vote seal your fate and then watching him win America's Favorite Player?
Paul: I mean, the dude came in there immediately not liking me. He was rude. He didn't like my character, he said that right off the bat. He was gung-ho about either going head-to-head with me or taking me out. He had a weird infatuation with battling me. I don't know what his deal was. A lot of the houseguests didn't really like his attitude and the way he carried himself in the house, he didn't really have respect for the game. I'm not quite sure what he portrayed to win America's Favorite Player, but kudos to him, I guess. And yeah, interesting relationship, I'd say for sure. I didn't think he'd vote for Josh over me, which is actually part of the reason I took Josh, because I thought that he just didn't respect Josh's gameplay at all. But I guess I was wrong.

After suffering a second major loss, what was it like finding out that your ride or die from last season [Victor] and the person who first beat you [Nicole] are now dating?
Paul: I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I lost again by one vote. I've been in here for 191 days. I wore the same shirt. Victor and Nicole are dating. I don't know what's happening. I might be on a different planet, who knows?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/big-brother-19-paul-abrahamian-exit-interview/
Serious Lee
what kind of person does this, much less even likes the guy to begin with?

https://www.gofundme.com/4gpgrt4
AG
Sex Panther said:

AcctAg11 said:

(Credit to Reddit)

Cody - "Tell Paul it was me... I want him to know"
I see what you did there...
Bunk Moreland
Yeah it's going to take a while for Paul to figure out Cody and America. Probably will be tough for him to even understand given how warped his view in the house was.

I think the most interesting aspect of all of this is how wrong Paul was on reading the other HG's and America throughout the year. He played a very strategic game, but was never in sync with real sentiments inside the house and out...and it cost him.
Bunk Moreland
Cody and Jason got asked about their transphobic comments in the house. I wonder if Christmas and Paul got asked about their psychotic comments questioning Cody's military service.

Either way, here's the answer he gave Buzzfeed News

Quote:

"People are going to love me or hate me and it doesn't matter; I can't do anything about it," he told BuzzFeed News. "I have a very close-knit group of people in my life that I love and I need to get close to after this. Beyond that, I'm not out to appease anybody or say anything to give anybody hugs out there. If anybody wants some hugs they can find it somewhere else."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/big-brother-19-cody-unapologetic-about-anti-trans?utm_term=.ioGkW7m5A#.akOmeYpg5

Sex Panther
AG
Cody is a breath of fresh air
Serious Lee
admit i looked at audreys twitter earlier to see what she had to say about cody being AFP. not a peep.
MooreTrucker
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

what kind of person does this, much less even likes the guy to begin with?

https://www.gofundme.com/4gpgrt4

Quote:

No matter what the jury says, lying and backstabbing are a part of the game, and if they couldn't see that then maybe they should've tried out for Big Baby instead.
Oh hi, Raven.
4stringAg
AG
Pretty clear by Paul's quotes that he didn't/doesn't get it. Yeah, there were some pretty petty houseguests this year, but Paul clearly underestimated Josh who "he took" all the way. On the flipside, Josh may have had a much better read on these HGs than Paul. Paul says all that stuff about Cody then expected Cody to actually vote for him?

Look at the people who ended up voting for Paul:
  • Raven--a complete psychotic who had met Paul prior to BB19. Don't think she won a single comp.
  • Christmas--apparently knew Paul also prior to BB19 and may have some kind of feelings for him
  • Matt--a completely worthless do nothing player who ate cereal and ****ed Raven. Don't think he won a single comp.
  • Kevin--never won a single competition, oldest house guest, probably OK with Paul's lies and may have felt responsible for bringing Paul into the game to begin with

None of the people who actually played the game and won some comps, HOHs etc voted for Paul.
HTownAg98
Kwanzaa "won" a couple, but they were all thrown to her.

One thing I noticed last night: in the second HOH comp Josh beat V-J Day by approximately two minutes (43ish to 45ish). For someone that claims to be a super fan and know the game, he damn near got beat by someone that had to hobble her ass around.
Bunk Moreland
He may be a super fan but he's still a moron. He said in a post show interview he thought he had Matt's vote but not Raven's. In what world does that make sense
spanky
AG
I'm convinced Paul lost it with his horrible speech before the vote. If he would have talked like he did later, not so pompous and fake, he likely wins

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.