*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

259,088 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this linked on Jokers in case anyone was curious about Cody's service or how much (or little if you're some of the HG's) he did.

Quote:

"Big Brother" star Cody Nickson didn't just serve his country as a Marine for 4 years, he was also twice deployed and received numerous medals ... according to his file obtained by TMZ.

Cody's been on the outs with the rest of the cast except his gf, Jessica, but things got nasty this week when some of them -- including Paul Abrahamian-- tried antagonizing the Marine Corps vet by questioning his military experience ... and 'BB' fans were pissed.

Rightfully so, it turns out, because according to Cody's official military file ... he served in the Marine Corps from December 2008 to December 2012, reaching the rank of E-4 Corporal with a specialty as a Rifleman. He previously served in the U.S. Air Force as well.

Nickson received numerous honors ... including campaign medals for his tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, 2 National Defense Service Medals, a Good Conduct Medal, a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and 2 Navy Unit Commendations.

Though he's portrayed as a villain on the show ... you gotta respect him.

I wonder how fast it'll be before Christmas swerves hard in her post BB social media life.

LHIOB
AG
So Cody is a pretty bad dude and excellent soldier.

Thanks for your service Cody. Sorry you are having to deal with this idiots.
htxag09
AG
What stemmed them questioning his military background? Only thing I saw was Jessica's American flag skirt deal was on the floor and paul made a big deal about picking it up. Is that was triggered it, them saying Cody shouldn't let that be on the ground, or was it something else?
Flashdiaz
AG
htxag09 said:

What stemmed them questioning his military background? Only thing I saw was Jessica's American flag skirt deal was on the floor and paul made a big deal about picking it up. Is that was triggered it, them saying Cody shouldn't let that be on the ground, or was it something else?
because they are aholes with pack mentality trying to get Cody to punch someone and get kicked off the show.
ShawnTxAg
AG
They discussed at length and several times how to crack him or set him off. There conclusions were to attack his manhood, girlfriend and military service. They even went as far as to come up with exact words to use on him like coward, emotional P*ssy, agro, lil man complex etc etc
HTownAg
AG
Can't stand Paul and the way he is playing this game. He's a classic example of Napolean complex and it's total BS to attack a veteran's military service in this manner. I get he's trying to win a game, but you can do so without attacking someone's military record like this.
rhoswen
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

They discussed at length and several times how to crack him or set him off. There conclusions were to attack his manhood, girlfriend and military service. They even went as far as to come up with exact words to use on him like coward, emotional P*ssy, agro, lil man complex etc etc

I was wondering about that cuz on the show last night they kept saying how emotional he was. he's probably the least emotional person on the show.
rhoswen
AG
HTownAg said:

Can't stand Paul and the way he is playing this game. He's a classic example of Napolean complex and it's total BS to attack a veteran's military service in this manner. I get he's trying to win a game, but you can do so without attacking someone's military record like this.

I personally think they shouldn't attack anyone for anything outside the show at all. That includes family, job, military service etc.
HTownAg
AG
rhoswen said:

HTownAg said:

I personally think they shouldn't attack anyone for anything outside the show at all. That includes family, job, military service etc.
I would agree ^
ShawnTxAg
AG
What's funny is Paul constantly telling everyone cody has lil man complex. He is projecting his own insecurities
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
rhoswen said:

HTownAg said:

Job should definitely be fair game.

I mean... Cosplay Artist? Haircare Sales? VIP Concierge?
Bunk Moreland
If they want to use it in the game or joke or whatever, fine.

But it was sort of the paranoia complex + Paul hyping up the "here's how to get under the skin of a hardened military guy."

it sort of started as half serious "i bet he didn't even serve. Probably bought the pants and dog tags from the store."

That was Jason/Christmas.

Then they just sort of started believing themselves and saying it over and over until they got to this "yep. I'm sure that's it" place.

Even up through yesterday morning, Kevin, Paul, & Jason I think were talking about his military service. Jason kept on.

The worst will be for Christmas though because she "does so much for the troops." That comment was the most disappointing of all, when she said he's a disgrace to the military or whatever.

The more I thought about that...if Christmas cared about the troops so much, why isn't she talking to Cody 1 on 1 about his service, what he did, if he suffers from any PTSD or depression, battling with any dependencies, etc.

You'd think that with his back against the wall and vulnerable, even if she thought he was a bad example to represent the military on the show, that she could help find a connection and turn it positive.

But nah. Much easier to pot shot, run to Paul and say "wanna hear what I said?!"
Bunk Moreland
rhoswen said:

HTownAg said:

If someone were using their family/job/past as a means to influence the game, whether it be playing the victim or whatever to get everyone feeling bad for their situation, then it's fair game.

And honestly, they're free to call him out and think he didn't actually serve. But they're going to look like morons the minute they walk out the door.
ShawnTxAg
AG
What exactly did she do in regards to the military, at first she just kept saying she cared about them. Last night she had a long talk with Josh, something along the lines of she was overseas sleeping in bunkers, bombs dropping all around her. She would take the troops cookies on Valentine's Day n bottles of water when it was hot. She also mentioned something about being in laundry services for the troops and never handling a weapon .
htxag09
AG
I feel like if you threw me in a house with Cody and he never once mentioned being in the military, I'd have a pretty darn good idea that he served after a couple hours of talking to him.
Bunk Moreland
It took a while, but finally found it...

Quote:

Looking at Abbott's ripped physique today, it's hard to imagine that she was an emaciated 22-year-old when she left home, following her mom to Baghdad, Iraq, to take a laundry attendant job supporting U.S. soldiers.

https://www.si.com/edge/2015/05/15/christmas-abbott-the-badass-body-diet-crossfit

Also found a pre-show interview, and thought this was a highly entertaining answer:

Quote:

Which types of players are you wary of playing the game with?

Drama creators. I'm a huge communicator and that's one of my strengths. I have a deep level of empathy for people. I'm staying away from the dramas. The two-faced dramas, take it home! They usually take themselves out pretty early we don't have to worry about them. (Laughs!) I love girl power, but women especially always say, "I need this! Help me!" And I'm like, "No, ***** you can do it yourself." I like strong personalities that are also empathetic and compassionate.

Bunk Moreland
Yeah. And he talked to them about it early on in the game. Different HG's at different times in the first week casually asked when he served, where he went, etc.
ShawnTxAg
AG
That's a shame, but i thought Jessica did a good job of being extremely tactful and a good way to approach paul and his dogs when addressing the things they say to him and do to him and not knowing what hes gone through and still dealing with in terms of service.
Carl Underguard
AG
You can generally tell if someone was/is a military man or cop from the posture. At least that's what I've always thought. I feel like if you can me a five second clip of someone standing still, taking a few steps, and then standing again, and I could guess whether they're in the military or a cop with like 80% accuracy.
jac4
AG
So what's going to happen tonight?
Bunk Moreland
They'll show some edited version of the Monday fight, might start the "back home with the family" segments, Jess will use the hex, it'll be a reset and they'll do an hoh that we'll see who wins on the broadcast. That's my guess
MrPlow2010
AG
Bull sh** edit.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Guess they didn't want to see a hit job on the character of multiple house guests
Bunk Moreland
Not surprised at all they edited out all the horrible stuff they said planning that.
Carl Underguard
AG
This week is going to suck with Josh as HoH. Get ready to hear the word "meatball" a million more times while Paul completely controls him.
Carl Underguard
AG
PISSED!
Bunk Moreland
It'll be an interesting week.

I'll laugh my ass off if one of Cody/Jess wins the curse comp and the other wins pov
MrPlow2010
AG
So basically Paul won the hoh. This week is gonna suck.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah. You'll know real quick if it's worth watching with the comp tomorrow. If Jess or Cody don't win then let's just do a fast forward week.

Also, notice how half or more of the house immediately started getting chummy with Jess after she announced the hex? Bunch of followers playing sweet in case either won hoh.
htxag09
AG
Kind of surprised they did a straight luck hoh like that. Thought they'd do something to try and give Jody an advantage.
tk for tu juan
About the only interesting thing that could happen this week is the house burns down and they have to cancel the show.

Paul is going to run Josh's HOH even though he will say otherwise to Josh. The crap for brains monkey pets of Paul will constantly prod Jess and Cody. This is the best week to blind side Paul, but they do not have the balls to do it
Bunk Moreland
They gave it away last night with what type of comp it'd be by allowing them to practice, but if you thought for a second they might, the way they edited the Monday fight was proof positive they weren't gonna protect them.
Aggie95
AG
miserable week ahead. no way they allow jess/Cody to win both the temptation comp and poverty. I wish they would though.
The house will get very boring with jess and Cody gone.
tk for tu juan
Edit: video link broke
AggieAces06
AG
Why does Alex wipe her nose and face so much? Did she snort something before this conversation? Or is she actually turning into a cat?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.