*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

259,093 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redass89 said:

You really think CBS gives a **** about $20 pans? They know they can't afford to lose 2 more HG's when Cody inevitably kills Josh.

There are rules in their contract about destroying property. One of them got kicked off (can't remember her name) for throwing her microphone in the pool.
Carl Underguard
AG
Hm, I'd heard lots of references to "fingers up the ass" this season, but I didn't know what was actually happening until now.
tk for tu juan
HTownAg98 said:

redass89 said:

You really think CBS gives a **** about $20 pans? They know they can't afford to lose 2 more HG's when Cody inevitably kills Josh.

There are rules in their contract about destroying property. One of them got kicked off (can't remember her name) for throwing her microphone in the pool.

Ag13
AG
Is haves/have nots not a thing this year? Don't seem to remember them talking about it at all past the first episode.
Bunk Moreland
It is a thing. But no competitons based around it.
rhoswen
AG
I don't remember who said it but they're right... jess & Cody just can't get out of their own way.

(Watching tonight's episode now)
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Yep they're idiots that feel too sorry for themselves to see potential opportunities. She can make more money outside the house anyway. Wait till Cody figures out what a VIP concierge is.
rhoswen
AG
All they had to do was suck it up and play nice with Josh and christmas and they potentially could have flipped the house. At the very least stayed in the house & Elena would go.
Bunk Moreland
Meh. The edit played that a little more than what reality was. Christmas was just buttering Josh up early in his hoh, but was just covering all bases. Josh just came off Elena after psyching himself up over and over all week before anything with Jess and Cody happened.

He has said basically everyone in the house other than Xmas Paul Alex or Jason "have to go first over xyz" all week. Literally everyone. Hes wigging himself out every day and his targets change with the wind.

But towards the larger picture, Jessica and Cody are very dumb, yes. Cody has just resigned ant leadership since he has been back as he said he would, and listen to Jess. And somehow Jessica has worse game play than he does.
Bunk Moreland
Cody did say he is targeting people who went back on their word to him, and even though he doesn't like Paul, he never went back on a word because they never had a deal. If he wins HOH Xmas and Raven are going up.

I'd love to see that. Meanwhile, Paul is still telling the entire house why Cody has to go, but he isn't "a concern to him." yeah...
Flashdiaz
AG
rhoswen said:

All they had to do was suck it up and play nice with Josh and christmas and they potentially could have flipped the house. At the very least stayed in the house & Elena would go.
the house wouldn't flip on Paul, they're too enamored by him. Josh is HOH and can't vote and doesn't have the personality to convince people to defy Paul to flip votes to Elena.

And I actually think if Cody and Jess were in the jury and Paul was one of the final 2, Cody would vote for him for being the only real competition to Cody.
MooreTrucker
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Yep they're idiots that feel too sorry for themselves to see potential opportunities. She can make more money outside the house anyway. Wait till Cody figures out what a VIP concierge is.
Exactly. Instead of trying to work with ANYONE, they sequester themselves and have their little pity party instead.
redass89
Jimmy McNulty said:

Wait till Cody figures out what a VIP concierge is.

Oh to be a fly on that wall
Flashdiaz
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Jimmy McNulty said:

Exactly. Instead of trying to work with ANYONE, they sequester themselves and have their little pity party instead.
they've tried working with them but it gets them burned every time.
Jessica's HOH was a test to see if anyone would work with them and they all double crossed them. She could have replaced Ramses with Raven to make sure Josh would be sent home. She decided to go with the house on that one (bad move). They didn't say 'no we're not voting Josh out'. They said 'yes we're voting Josh out'... and then did the exact opposite just to blindside them again.

Mark and Elena were on the block simply because they talked with Jess and Cody so the house (paul) has decided they are the target regardless of what they say or do.

What they should be doing is planting seeds of doubt in the group. Butter up Paul in front of others by saying stuff like "we would vote for you Paul because you're the only one playing the game"... plant seeds that the other houseguests don't stand a chance against Paul so they need to think about getting rid of him sooner rather than later.
Bunk Moreland
Agree. How do you work with a group that completely crossed you when they wanted to "work" with you and then forces isolation and threatens anyone who talks to you in the house?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I don't watch a lot of feeds but I was under the impression they just assumed everyone would follow their lead and took everyone at their word after brief game conversations. Of course you're going to get burned doing that. Paul puts in work on every person and checks in with them a lot to ensure his plans are still in tact. You can't just have a 3 second chat with someone, hear what you want to hear, and then shut yourself off in a room for the rest of the week thinking nothing will change. Maybe I'm off on that, and those who watch feeds can correct me.
Bunk Moreland
they did check on people all week, but you are correct in that they weren't actively engaging and mucking it up with the HG's too much. They mainly hung out in the HOH room to themselves a lot while all the scheming was taking place.

And that's a completely valid point. But when they all give their word, as a group...and each time Jessica follows up with them during the week they lie to her face, then it's still the same result.

That side was never going to work with them because Paul, as much as he says he hasn't, has made it completely personal to get them both out. They have ruined both of his HOH's with Cody getting back in the house and then Jess halting the eviction. He's dead set against them, even when others on his side realize from time to time it wouldn't be bad having a big target like Cody in the house.

I think it's two-fold. Any time during Jess' HOH week that they were in common areas or would walk in to talk, all talk from the other side would shut down and then it'd just be awkward until 1 by 1 they'd split up and walk off....then as soon as Cody/Jess went back to the HOH room they all just group up again and talk.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
They were definitely in a tough situation and they did get burned but it's all self inflicted starting with Cody going rogue in week one and not telling anyone about it. If you consider all of their poor moves, decision making and general social skills, and you take them together as a showmance, would they be in the discussion for dumbest players of all time?
htxag09
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

They were definitely in a tough situation and they did get burned but it's all self inflicted starting with Cody going rogue in week one and not telling anyone about it. If you consider all of their poor moves, decision making and general social skills, and you take them together as a showmance, would they be in the discussion for dumbest players of all time?
IMO, when you look back, Cody going rouge makes more and more sense. He knew he had to get Paul out, he knew everyone in his "team" was already starting to become groupies. They probably wouldn't have agreed with it and would have tried to fight it. Only chance he had was to just get him on the block then work to get the votes to get him out.

Now Christmas, that's a whole different story. But he didn't know he'd have to put up someone other than Paul, plus it was like his 50th nominee.
rhoswen
AG
Yeah I think christmas is taking offense to being put on the block a little too far. Cody was absolutely running out of people to nominate!
Matsui
AG
Who do we think is going home tonight?

And which house guests have had sex this season?
Bunk Moreland
Jessica is going home.

Jess/Cody Raven/Matt basically bang it out daily according to updates.

Mark & Elena I am not sure if they did or not.
Farmer1906
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Jessica is going home.

Jess/Cody Raven/Matt basically bang it out daily according to updates.

Mark & Elena I am not sure if they did or not.
I mean, why not?
AcctAg11
AG
What is the chance that Cody just walks out the door with Jessica tonight? He doesn't seem too keen on playing the rest of this game without her there.
MooreTrucker
AG
Isn't Matt married? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Jason is married
tailgatetimer10
AG
I cannot wait for Jessica to get out of the house. The whole underdog part of her and Cody wore off almost immediately when they isolated themselves immediately when things didn't go their way. After all the opportunities they had to make a move and re-establish themselves, it's very obvious that they both are awful at this game.

Cody's buy back might be the second worse thing that happened this season besides Paul coming back and getting safety.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
The worst part is the show edit they get like anyone give's a rat's ass about their relationship.
rhoswen
AG
This.

At this point I hope nobody wins. Except maybe Kevin.
Bunk Moreland
Jimmy McNulty said:

The worst part is the show edit they get like anyone give's a rat's ass about their relationship.

I think this is due to them not understanding the true fan sentiment. They probably see tons of social media buzz about Cody & Jess and they have to know the rankings have had them shoot up the board and the others way down...and they think "oh, America must want the love story."

NO! No one gives a **** about their love story. He's going to get his ass dumped 4 seconds after they leave the house. She's just a hot piece of ass...that's it and that's all. He may not know that now, but that's reality when the show is over.

Then it sort of makes everyone get annoyed with them all over again.

Kevin is not going to be winning HOH any time soon. He and Jason are going to throw it and stay out of it because they know they aren't targets.

So, with that, I'm rooting for Cody or Mark. Mark actually went to Jason last night and started openly going against Paul, telling Jason the whole house is so dumb for letting him stay even this long. The closer he gets to the end the harder it'll be to get him out, and they have numbers if they needed it this week to flip a vote on him, etc.

If Cody wins, and he sticks with what he told Jess yesterday, then Christmas and Raven are going up and I'm fine with that. I'm ready for either to leave the house. If Mark wins, my guess is Paul might be a target, but Mark won't know how to play it right and it'll likely backfire. But there'll be drama.
AcctAg11
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

They get that edit because they have literally ZERO gameplay between the two of them to make an episode about. They are just non-existent players in this game, which makes for horrible TV. Their relationship struggles just makes for slightly less bad TV.

I think production is struggling with how to edit this season, because it is literally the Paul show. There is next to no other actual gameplay shown. What little there is, they stick in the episode but can't even make a narrative out of it (e.g. Christmas telling Josh not let Paul run his HOH, and then she just goes right back to being Paul's lap dog) because it's so short-lived.

If Paul wasnt a vet, I would definitely consider him to be playing one if the best games of all time. But due to his vet status and the obvious advantages earlier in the game that came to him because of it, it's hard to say if he is really any good. He is just beating up on newbies, really.
4stringAg
AG
My son is a big brother fanatic and I've never gotten into the show but have watched this year. Are there normally this many "lay-abouts" the do nothing during the show? I expected a lot more scheming and such but as far as I can tell, Paul is the only one that really "plays the game". Almost all of the others don't seem to be doing much of anything planning wise or game wise.

Bunk Moreland
Every year there are floaters who just sleep all day for the first half of the summer. This year was especially different because they only introduced 1 returning HG, and a big move was made against him early and then immediately revealed he had multiple weeks of protection.

At that point literally the whole house just nuzzled up to him to hear bedtime stories of yesteryear, what it's like being a D list celeb, etc. and there was a common enemy that they still haven't been able to get out.

I don't want to act like previous seasons have tons of gameplay early on, but this has lingered much too long due to the circumstance.

I've never seen a house with so many willing sycophants. It has even made the live feeds bad overall. I will say I agree with the person who said CBS is likely struggling to figure out how to edit this season. I know many probably hate how much I rail on manipulation and the TV edit, but here I'll give them a little slack because I bet it's tough this season to figure out what to show.
Matsui
AG
Don't give up. This season has been horrible when it comes to game play.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Within the next 2 weeks we will see the house split and Paul fall apart.. every year the controlling houseguest gets ousted, it's really only a matter of time. Jessica/Cody have kept the attention off of Paul's BS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.