*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

255,924 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Josh has to be the biggest idiot/bully/wimp combination ever on this show. He constantly starts crap, bangs pots and pans while singing that circus music, calls Cody/Mark a meatball, calls Jess "Boo-boo", then when they fire back at him, he acts like he doesn't understand where the hostility is coming from, then goes somewhere else and cries. Then later he wants to "talk" and put it behind them.

It's a wonder somebody has not punched his lights out.

I guess the circus music is something production told him he could sing because it's in the public domain. I know they don't like them singing copyrighted music in the house.
Bunk Moreland
It's truly a bizarre personality pattern. Would love to hear a psychiatrist's take on it because I agree...it's wash, rinse, repeat in that exact order every time he argues.
AcctAg11
AG
I would be willing to bet that Josh was bullied a lot as a kid and has never really let that go. He probably realized he can finally do the same to Jody since a) Cody won't touch him here, and b) most the house would take his side. He's just getting enjoyment out of the tables finally being turned for once in his life.

Just my take, but I'm not a Psychologist.
Bunk Moreland
I think so too. My take is he's just a big coddled baby.

He still lives at home, sounds like his best friends are his family and he probably doesn't have a ton of friends outside that. He definitely has some effeminate qualities, which I'm sure has led to being bullied as a child.

And i think this might be the first time he feels inclusion and he doesn't know how to act. But the sad thing is they're all just using him because he's a loud controllable prop.
MooreTrucker
AG
Cody is moving into the have-not room, and Josh just volunteered to move in there to in order to continue messing with him.

I'm about to start feeling sorry for Cody.
ccaggie05
AG
They made plenty of mistakes but overall it's hard for me to side against Jess/Cody. People say they isolated themselves, but who can blame them? Anybody who attempted to talk to them was shunned by the rest of the house, and many of their interactions with the house were just Josh/Paul and others attempting to **** with them. It's not hard to see Josh/Paul are the villains in many of these interactions in my opinion.

I'd like to see Cody make a run of comp wins to keep going and just wreck shop as long as he's there, but I fully expect him out by the end of double eviction.
Bunk Moreland
the thing that annoys me about the DE is that it's set up completely to get out Matt/Mark/Elena/Raven.

Nobody makes a big move during that week. If Matt/Raven win, they'll be talked into nominating Marlena. If Marlena win, they'll be talked into nominating Matt/Raven.

Even if Cody saves himself this week, then one of Matt/Raven/Mark/Elena goes home this week, and unless Cody won that DE night HOH, he'd be the target along with the remaining person who lost their couple partner in the eviction.

So unless Cody is safe this week AND wins the HOH next Thursday...we basically know that one out of that group of 4 will be the 2nd person evicted next Thursday.

Hope I'm wrong. I guess Mark could throw a wrench in it, but I doubt it.
ccaggie05
AG
If we end up with a final six of Paul, Josh, Jason, Alex, Christmas and Kevin, I have no idea who I'd even want to win. I guess Kevin, but I don't care for any of them.
jac4
AG
Paul knew Raven outside of the house. I doubt he targets her overtly.

I think they have an alliance worked out kind of like James and Nicole last season.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Paul is an instigator and CBS should be showing all that. From telling Josh to harass Cody, getting the group all fired up like some mob, to saying specific things himself in attempt to get people to freak out.

I can't stand that entitled pos
jac4
AG
ccaggie05 said:

They made plenty of mistakes but overall it's hard for me to side against Jess/Cody. People say they isolated themselves, but who can blame them? Anybody who attempted to talk to them was shunned by the rest of the house, and many of their interactions with the house were just Josh/Paul and others attempting to **** with them. It's not hard to see Josh/Paul are the villains in many of these interactions in my opinion.

Agree completely. Plus in Jessica's HOH week all of them lied to her face save Mark and Elena who were also blindsided.

I think they should have tried to slide in with Mark and Elena more and pointed how Paul wasted his HOH after Jessica told him more about her temptation. Ultimately, I doubt it would have mattered though.

Last night, Paul talked **** about how Jessica used her temptation. What the hell did you expect her to do?

The way the rest of the house takes Josh's side when he is way out of line and mentally unstable drives me crazy. Paul, Christmas, Raven et al are getting a favorable CBS edit and they still come across as complete **** bags.
Carl Underguard
AG
I have to remind myself every once in awhile that Josh really is a "human being", with faults and foibles and maybe some traumatic memories he can't get over. Otherwise I'd absolutely loathe him. There is no houseguest who has gotten under my skin like he has.
htxag09
AG
Quote:

Last night, Paul talked **** about how Jessica used her temptation. What the hell did you expect her to do?
He does this saying she's an idiot, shew blew up her own game, yada yada yada, when the plan was to blindside her and eliminate her if she didn't use it.
HTownAg
AG
AcctAg11 said:

I would be willing to bet that Josh was bullied a lot as a kid and has never really let that go. He probably realized he can finally do the same to Jody since a) Cody won't touch him here, and b) most the house would take his side. He's just getting enjoyment out of the tables finally being turned for once in his life.

Just my take, but I'm not a Psychologist.
I would agree and would also say the same about Paul, who being of very slight build, is probably very intimated by more physical men.

I honestly don't know how Cody hasn't decked Josh, or maybe even Paul, by now. I honestly can't say I would have lasted that long.

I get it's a game and there is backstabbing, lying, deceit each and every year but this year Napoleon complex guy (Paul) has made everybody's target Jess and Cody through extremely personal attacks/bullying.
SkinkyAg03
AG
I've pretty much stopped watching and have been keeping up through this thread. There's just no one to root for. I do like Kevin as a personality. He seems to have a good read on a lot of them, he just needs to do something with it. Maybe he can win HOH and make a spectacular move, but until then- meh.
Bunk Moreland
I like Kevin too, and I know he's a grown ass man with like 6 daughters so he knows women probably better than most men...and I'm always good for some guy talk but the last week or so he has gotten a bit too flirty with Xmas at times it feels like. Not making her uncomfortable, but just not the best look for him with his family....and he also talks about her with Jason and some others too, about how good looking she is and he would marry her, etc.
katag08
Can someone explain to me why they are saying it's a good idea for Cody to throw the temptation comp and try to win the veto comp instead?
Flashdiaz
AG
katag08 said:

Can someone explain to me why they are saying it's a good idea for Cody to throw the temptation comp and try to win the veto comp instead
otherwise, they don't nominate him. whoever wins the veto uses it. Alex puts Cody up.
It's the backdoor they did to get him initially out because they're scared to compete against him.

htxag09
AG
He'll probably be competing against the whole house in the temptation comp. If he throws it he's on the block, so is guaranteed to play for the veto, against fewer people. If he goes for the temptation comp and doesn't win he has to hope he gets drawn to play veto.
SkinkyAg03
AG
I want Josh to be the first one to jury, so the rest of them get to spend their entire time in jury with him. You lose AND you're locked in a house with Josh for the rest of the summer. Ta da, *****es.
Sex Panther
AG
This is truly a special group of dip****s to make Cody sympathetic
Bunk Moreland
Temptation comp happening now I believe. Feeds have been down over an hour.

No one could decide who should throw the temptation comp. Started with Matt then others and then I think landed back on Matt.

Paul volunteered to throw it because he wanted a guarantee to play in POV so he could win POV and "be the one that makes Cody go back up" but his group said it's too risky. Sort of weird to me that he's so obsessed because Cody staying in the house longer is actually ok for his game. He's protected with numbers if Cody strikes at him, and Cody is always the target for others until he leaves.

Kevin just got done telling Christmas that if Cody is backdoored, then the moment he goes on the block the house will split. If he saves himself, the whole house will go back to kissing Paul's ass. He's exactly right.
MooreTrucker
AG
Kevin is amazingly astute about all of this, and it's too bad he won't do more with that.

Unless he's playing some long con that we haven't figured out yet.
Bunk Moreland
Agree. He has mentioned to Jason about knowing not to win these HOH's when there's clear targets and other people gladly running their mouths being the ones to do it.

The problem is I don't think Kevin will have the ability to win the comps when it'll matter for him. That strategy gets you far, but you have to get lucky and have the right comp at the right time.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Too risky to put Paul on the block........ How does that even make sense to these people? The fact that they see him as being more important than themselves says it all.
htxag09
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

Too risky to put Paul on the block........ How does that even make sense to these people? The fact that they see him as being more important than themselves says it all.
Just like how he "volunteered" to go on the block instead of Elena last week. Wash, rinse, repeat.
tailgatetimer10
AG
But still.. He should try to win it. If he doesn't feel like he did good enough to win, he should throw it at the end of the competition.

In no way should be try to throw it if he feels he has a chance to win
htxag09
AG
I agree with this, or if when he finds out what it is he knows he doesn't have a chance.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I'm sure production will try everything to get him through this week. If he is still around when the house splits, things could get entertaining
Bunk Moreland
You gotta go for safety today.

Either decision gives you a minimum one competition to become safe.

Throwing today's ensures you have 1 shot.

Trying to win today's gives you 1+ shots. 3 HG's are drawn at random out of that bag which gives him another chance. No brainer.

The house was way overthinking that logic imo.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I don't think production cares who gets evicted this week.. the Cody chapter is over. Honestly it'll be better for the season if we can move on to other targets.

Honestly if Jessica and Josh weren't so hostile last week could've been wild with an eviction that wasn't Jessica
ShawnTxAg
AG
Josh never had the votes. No way the house was going against Pauls plan to evict her regardless of Josh's plan.
Bunk Moreland
It really wasn't the jessica fighting. Josh said that in the DR to drum it up for production, and his message to Jess was not 100% truthful.

Not saying she absolutely would have gone, but he was coming off the Elena thing early last weekend. Paul wasn't going to have Elena leave the house yet, and Josh got swayed even though it was "his HOH not anyone elses"

He was already telling his team that they'd have to help him do damage control because it could never leak out to Elena that she was his first target, etc.
htxag09
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

The house was way overthinking that logic imo.

I think this was because of last week. Everyone was mocking and laughing at Jessica for getting last and going on the block. I think it was mark who said it was the absolute best case scenario for them from the temptation comp.
Bunk Moreland
Mark won, Matt was last and is the nominee.

Paul and minions worried if Mark won POV he could take Elena off but I don't know why he cares if Cody would go up.

Paul then went back into Elena as a backup if Cody wins pov and Kevin told him they have to get a guy out so it doesn't appear the guys are just getting girls out. Paul immediately agreed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.