*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

257,966 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
ccaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly, once Mark/Jess/Cody are gone, I'm done with this season.

The whole attack Cory over this military service garbage is enough for me to be done with Paul's entire group, short of maybe Matt, who apparently was the sane one who put a stop to that (not sure what did or didn't happen as I don't watch the feeds). That said, Matt has been a Paul lap dog all season so I don't care for him either.
Bunk Moreland
I'd say Matt, Mark, Elena and maybe Kevin to a slighter degree were the most affected by it but too scared to go against what was happening. I hate to rail on the tv schedule again but I hate that the Wednesday show has to end with the pov ceremony. They should always keep the final segment for action after that because then they're stuck with chopping so much action up into at most 1 segment on the live show Thursday night.
Counterpoint
AG
I normally love the fights, but that was painful to watch. Made me feel dirty or something.
Carl Underguard
AG
There's definitely a divide in Paul's group between those who are absolute *******s (Paul, Josh, Alex, and Christmas) and those who are more wary and reserved (the ones bunk mentioned). I'm hoping these fights help to wake them up. We need that group to fracture before Cody and Jess get evicted, or I may stop watching, too.

I wouldn't mind a daily banner plane telling the houseguests that America hates Paul, at least if things continue like they are. I think this season has been good from an entertainment standpoint so far but that's only because of Cody and Jess fighting back against Paul. Once they go, I'm not sure I have the stomach to watch the rest of the season. We really need Jess to go on a Janelle-style run right now.
Dawnguard
AG
ccaggie05 said:

Honestly, once Mark/Jess/Cody are gone, I'm done with this season.

The whole attack Cory over this military service garbage is enough for me to be done with Paul's entire group, short of maybe Matt, who apparently was the sane one who put a stop to that (not sure what did or didn't happen as I don't watch the feeds). That said, Matt has been a Paul lap dog all season so I don't care for him either.

Matt revealed that there's more to him than cereal and pink cum towels (yeah, there's a gross story to that - and it was shown on the counter in Sunday's episode). The 50,000 ft overview is as follows:

Paul was hyping everyone up saying that the plan was to get Jess to not use the hex to save Cody by causing him to get aggressive to the other housepets. Matt started there by saying that "in his experience, if you want someone to do something, you don't push them into doing it." Paul basically ignored it. A little later, after the POV ceremony, Paul and Christmas were feeding off each other's bloodlust and pushing Josh to start going after Cody and Jess. Matt rationally explained that there was nothing good that could come from the actions, and that if you want any chance of her to not use the hex, she needs to feel comfortable with the house. Paul and Christmas blew him off, and then we went off to the races.

Matt is the only one who tried to stop this fiasco before it got big - however, he's one of Paul's housepets, so his push back was minor.

The one really interesting thing that has happened over this insanity is Mark and Josh are back on good terms with each other (for now).

I wonder how long it will be until the other housepets start getting woke like Elena, where they wonder how the house will react when they're the targets. (Elena then failed to wake up by deciding that this really meant she needed to be even closer to Paul so she could stay on the 'good' side)

And after seeing this today - everyone except Mark, Jess, and Cody are now housepets (Paul's pets). No real pushback, and pure mob mentality (and not the sophisticated Kevin-esque mob).
ccaggie05
AG
I'd put Raven in the bad group as well. Maybe Jason too. I don't watch the feeds but I've read lots of pretty negative stuff about Jason and Alex.

I'm just hoping Cody/Jess, win HoH on Thursday and they get a run going to break up the big group and finally let some of the more sane people break away from the psychos. Mark might be the best bet if Cody/Jess can't win, but in that case, I would be afraid he would let Paul and co. run the show.
LHIOB
AG
If they want Paul to tone it down production should just tell Paul that America hates him. He will do a 180 quick.
Bunk Moreland
LHIOB said:

If they want Paul to tone it down production should just tell Paul that America hates him. He will do a 180 quick.

Once Alex started speculating that CBS is editing the group of 9 as big bullies for the past few weeks (wrong) for wanting to break up the lovebirds, Paul said "So America thinks I'm an *******? *****"

Then he sorta went into a bewildered "how could they not see what they're(Jody) doing?"

Jason's response was the best.... "at least you're something. I'm pretty sure they've got me as the dumb racist redneck who doesn't do anything."
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MrPlow2010
AG

Here is a video of the fighting from yesterday. I've only skimmed through it because it's hard to watch grown adults behave like kids. Raven shows her white trash side. I saw on reddit that Alex shouted out to Cody that his daughter would be laughing at him WTF. These people are trash. It's a good thing Cody hasn't said much about his brother who died because I'm sure they would have used that against him.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Pretty sure Raven is skank trash.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Agreed, this isn't "strategy" its a pack of animals taking it to a whole other level. I really think mark is gonna snap eventually and call them all out on how pathetic and disgusting they are acting. he attempted to say something yesterday, treaded lightly, but still got attacked from four different angles by the group. The way they make excuses for their actions is even worse.
aggietoolman
AG
Will check those videos later. Lost any interest in this season. Wasn't a fan of Paul, but never hated him until the blatant manipulation this season. This would have been a fairly entertaining season if they had kept it with new people only.

I wish that Jess and Cody would just walk away to give production the finger on all of this BS.
jac4
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

Agreed, this isn't "strategy" its a pack of animals taking it to a whole other level. I really think mark is gonna snap eventually and call them all out on how pathetic and disgusting they are acting. he attempted to say something yesterday, treaded lightly, but still got attacked from four different angles by the group. The way they make excuses for their actions is even worse.

At least it's documented on video to show what bags of excrement they are.
Carl Underguard
AG
They'd probably accuse him of making it up, just like his military service.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Everything i'm seeing and reading shows how Jody has sky rocketed in the viewers eyes and how peopl are disgusted by the other house guests. With that said how far has production gone in the past or do you think they would go, to keep those two in the house to portray a "good vs evil" storyline. I suspect viewership/interest would drop significantly over the next few weeks if Paul and his "dogs" picked off the only remaining decent players one by one and continued to display this outright arrogance and hypocritical hatred.
rhoswen
AG
Seriously, what the ever-livin ****. I still can't figure out why Cody & jess are so HATED. I mean, Cody isnt exactly friendly but what did they do to cause the pure hatred? And in that vid, jess & Cody escape to the backyard and Paul is there getting Josh to follow them out there with the pots & pans. Does no one in this house have an ounce of sympathy? You shouldn't treat people like that regardless of how much you hate them.
rhoswen
AG
I hope Paul gets booed by the audience upon his eviction (assuming production lets him get evicted).
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Does that happen?

This is only my third season and I've seen very disliked houseguests get evicted but I haven't seen them get booed. Maybe not quite as loud of an applause. Even Cody's first eviction, the fans wanted him gone, and he got cheered.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I thought that last night, it would be such a hit to his ego.
MooreTrucker
AG
silverleaf said:

And after seeing this today - everyone except Mark, Jess, and Cody are now housepets (Paul's pets). No real pushback, and pure mob mentality (and not the sophisticated Kevin-esque mob).
I know we really don't want to add someone else to this mess, but what if they brought back another vet to counter Paul? I think they are "housepets" because of his vet status, maybe bringing in another vet to counter that might swing things away from him or at least give Jess/Cody a fighting chance.
SkinkyAg03
AG
They've been known to fill the audience with employees for the truly hated house guests. Sometimes you'll get some booing though.

I can't bring myself to watch the video.
htxag09
AG
rhoswen said:

Seriously, what the ever-livin ****. I still can't figure out why Cody & jess are so HATED. I mean, Cody isnt exactly friendly but what did they do to cause the pure hatred? And in that vid, jess & Cody escape to the backyard and Paul is there getting Josh to follow them out there with the pots & pans. Does no one in this house have an ounce of sympathy? You shouldn't treat people like that regardless of how much you hate them.
He went after Paul. Add in his poor social game, the fact that they probably did bully Josh (I haven't watched much of the feeds and didn't keep up with a lot of Jokers updates early so may be wrong on this), and him beating Paul to get back in the house. Now throw in a house full of people fan girling over Paul so doing whatever he says, you get this mob mentality and hatred towards Cody and Jessica, because Paul wants it. Every insult that is thrown towards Cody and Jessica stems from Paul and him feeding "his dogs" insults, information, etc. that he thinks will get under their skin.
Flashdiaz
AG
SkinkyAg03 said:

They've been known to fill the audience with employees for the truly hated house guests. Sometimes you'll get some booing though.

I can't bring myself to watch the video.
don't. I don't think i'm going to watch the show after Cody and Jess are evicted.

it was a good cast the first week, then Paul came in with an automatic 3 week immunity and now it's trash. Oh well, preseason football starts soon.
Carl Underguard
AG
This cast has the largest number of legitimate fans I can remember for a BB cast. That's part of the reason people were excited for the cast before the season started (and before the introduction of Paul). I wonder if that's the reason so many are so willing to blindly follow Paul, because they're awed by his BB celebrity. To be fair though, most of the people following Paul are the non-fans. Jess and Cody are fans, especially Jess. She's more or a superfan than Meech from last year. Ramses and Cameron are fans. On Paul's side there are Alex and Josh. Those are the most ardent Paul supporters in the alliance and the most blindly obedient ones.

A second vet might have been able to lead a counter alliance.
HTownAg98
Usually the vets work together because they know they are targets going in.
But it usually doesn't work that way anymore because all the rookies want to align with the vets. The show needs to either be all new people or an all-star season.
Carl Underguard
AG
I agree that vets generally work together, but theoretically this cast could have followed two opposing vets, maybe two vets who hated each other or something. This cast is full of followers - not enough alphas like Cody.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
These people are just scared of not making jury. Hopefully when that milestone is passed, these people will play their own game and step out on the ledge a little further.
Bunk Moreland
Jimmy McNulty said:

Does that happen?

This is only my third season and I've seen very disliked houseguests get evicted but I haven't seen them get booed. Maybe not quite as loud of an applause. Even Cody's first eviction, the fans wanted him gone, and he got cheered.

It's usually either regular applause, a ton of applause, or going through the motions applause (when they aren't liked). You can tell the difference.

Aaryn was booed and then Julie delivered a hit job on her during the interview about her racist remarks that she couldn't even remember saying (because she was so flippant about it when talking during the house).

I think CBS felt they had to address that issue immediately when she got out because going to be so bad for her due to built up internet hate, but it just did not go well. Pretty sure nobody wants to see the audience react like that again, even with HG's they despise. Also, i've read that they stack the audience on evictions of less-liked HG's with a lot of people on the studio lot so they can sort of curb or drown out that for any of the fans who score tickets to the eviction.

I think a segment of fans wanted Cody gone, but a lot of them by the end of that week realized that him leaving meant Paul had no one to worry about and it could get boring quickly.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I just googled Aaryn Gries eviction and while the boo's seemed to come from just a few people, that was definitely cringe worthy. How could she not realize saying crap like on national feeds would probably get her in hot water? She even threw in "People in Texas say things like that jokingly" or something similar. What a da.
Bunk Moreland
it was bad. She and another girl went on about a 4 day run where they just laid around and would pot shot the entire house, but she had no idea she was being overly racist.
Carl Underguard
AG
They booed Christine in season 16.
Bunk Moreland
I had put Christine completely out of my memory until you posted this.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
What was her deal? That was the prior season to my first.
Bunk Moreland
She was married, and was VERY handsy/flirty with the house flirt and all american boy. You know Paulie? It was his older brother Cody. A lot of fans did not like that one bit.

Another one is that she talked a lot of **** about Donny to herself and behind his back, and Donny was loved by all.

Can't remember if there was anything else or not, but those were the main 2 reasons I remember. I was sort of shocked though that it happened. Figured she'd just get the light applause.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.