*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

255,870 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigemJTH12 said:

Ag13 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Paul should have won last year imo. He did the most and played the best game.
10000% agree. I was shocked when they revealed the final vote. I think it was rigged.

I also think thats why Paul was given this season and had the help from production. Although I think the extent of that help is somewhat exaggerated by people on this board.

3 weeks safety for just showing up is a pretty big advantage.
wasnt it voted on by america?

Who do you think is going to win America's vote week 1, when one of the most loved HG's from last year is on the show, and nobody knows anyone else? It was manufactured because they knew damn well who'd win that temptation, especially playing up the "I need to get under the radar because I'll be a target" stuff from Paul early.
gigemJTH12
AG
while the game play in this season is for sure down overall...I look forward to the episodes as much as ever. The drama is amazing.

Bunk Moreland
Also, Mark used POV and Raven got named as a replacement.

So, just for the record...apparently if the loser of the safety comp wins veto and removes themselves, then no replacement is named.

But if a HOH nom is removed, then one is named.

Noms are Jessica, Elena, Raven.
Flashdiaz
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Paul should have won last year imo. He did the most and played the best game.
10000% agree. I was shocked when they revealed the final vote. I think it was rigged.

I also think thats why Paul was given this season and had the help from production. Although I think the extent of that help is somewhat exaggerated by people on this board.

3 weeks immunity. He would have been gone on the second eviction when Cody was running the house.

I used to like Alex but she's nothing more than another Paul lapdog now. I want to see Paul gone for the sole reason it would make the the rest of the house play the damn game.
gigemJTH12
AG
I really hope they dont allow any vets to play next year. Its really stupid.

and that comes from someone who doesnt mind Paul. I like watching him manipulate these idiots.
aggie98infl
AG
Quote:

3 weeks immunity. He would have been gone on the second eviction when Cody was running the house.
Plus he was immune for the first eviction and was able to share immunity with 8 other people. I think his one on one convos with everyone in the house really helped as well. Yes, he made the most of his opportunity I just think it is unfair that he even had it. It gave him a head start on building relationships on top of being a "celebrity" to a bunch of these people.

Bunk Moreland
The one year they started with 4 coaches, and they had to compete for their team sort of kept them separated...then they got dumped into the house after "stage 1" or the summer was over wasn't bad. None of them got traction or fanboy treatment, but back then even people coming on the show to be "famous" weren't able to just get paid to have lots of followers on social media, so the last 2 years or so has completely changed the game.

Just do away with em. All Stars or All New. I dont' even like when they bring family members in so much.
aggie98infl
AG
I agree. I wouldn't mind an all-stars, but they have used so many vets already I don't want to see people for the 3rd or 4th time. If they really had to mix vets with newbies I wouldn't mind a Blood vs Water setup. I loved season 6 when everyone had a partner, but hate it when they are unbalanced like the Season 4 when a few people had exes, but not everyone. Then Season 8 when only a few had their "enemies" there. I didn't like Elissa or Paulie either. Especially when there is some sort of America's vote that has influence on the actual game. There is enough craziness that happens on the season, I would like everyone to start on a level playing field.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

So, just for the record...apparently if the loser of the safety comp wins veto and removes themselves, then no replacement is named.

That's how it was the last time, too, right? Jason won and took himself off, with no replacement.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Cody hasn't been nice, but he hasn't necessarily been rude to anyone. A few times he crossed the line, one with Paul upstairs and maybe a bit with Josh. He's that person who doesn't do "fake" or "nice just to be nice." And in real life those people tend to just be "quiet," but in the house it comes off as negative.
So does staring at someone and continuing to brush one's teeth when multiple questions are asked. That seems to me to be the definition of rude, not "quiet".

I also think that the producers are manipulating thing to an extent, but IMO your constant criticism of them is a bit over the top. ALL of the reality shows have a level of manipulation..Survivor, Amazing Race, all of them...whether it's leading questions or rigged/specially selected competitions or editing.
Bunk Moreland
MooreTrucker said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Cody hasn't been nice, but he hasn't necessarily been rude to anyone. A few times he crossed the line, one with Paul upstairs and maybe a bit with Josh. He's that person who doesn't do "fake" or "nice just to be nice." And in real life those people tend to just be "quiet," but in the house it comes off as negative.
So does staring at someone and continuing to brush one's teeth when multiple questions are asked. That seems to me to be the definition of rude, not "quiet".

Depends. With people like Josh he asked him nicely 5 times to not worry and that he didn't want to talk about it and Josh kept following them from bedroom to bedroom before Cody finally upped the game and went to the "nobody wants to hear what you have to say" stuff.

Also, as I mentioned, in real life nobody is going to be pestering him with 20 questions while he brushes his teeth. But if it happens in the house, it's a whole different psychological game.
Bunk Moreland
MooreTrucker said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I also think that the producers are manipulating thing to an extent, but IMO your constant criticism of them is a bit over the top. ALL of the reality shows have a level of manipulation..Survivor, Amazing Race, all of them...whether it's leading questions or rigged/specially selected competitions or editing.

Yeah I know that re: reality, and that's my issue. That's why I like BB. The unfettered access due to live cameras in the house helps it stay more "real" than any other show. I don't watch any other reality show or game show. This is it for me
Bunk Moreland
MooreTrucker said:

Bunk Moreland said:

That's how it was the last time, too, right? Jason won and took himself off, with no replacement.

Yes. I don't think anyone was for sure on how that process would go until we saw a different way play out (as we did today with a replacement).

That's why I was saying last week if that's the case I really don't like that. Either have 3 nominees or don't. Not a hybrid nominee that can come off the block. If 3 people could be on the block on eviction night at the start of the week, then keep it that way at the end. Force the HOH to get some blood on their hands naming a replacement, even if it is the safety comp loser.
aggie98infl
AG
It sort of makes sense to me. When they have had a 3rd nominee in the past they were put up by the MVP or Roadkill winner so there was someone to make the replacement if the 3rd nom won. In this case I guess the 2nd to last person could be nom's (but what if only 2 people played) or maybe make the winner of the comp choose the replacement. I think it would suck for the HOH to have to nom someone else.
Bunk Moreland
Fair point. I just think the whole curse for that temptation was lame so I'm probably hating just to hate.
Ag13
AG
I've really enjoyed the general construct of the temptation competitions. Gives everyone two definite chances every week to stay safe.
Carl Underguard
AG
I agree. It's an interesting new game dynamic, a lot better than most they come up with. It gave Cody and Jess a legitimate shot this week, even though they like squandered it.
LHIOB
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I really hope they dont allow any vets to play next year. Its really stupid.

and that comes from someone who doesnt mind Paul. I like watching him manipulate these idiots.

Next year is BB20 so Id think we are due for an All Stars
jac4
AG
2 things:

1) any idea what Friday's episode is? Maybe it's next Friday?

2) has anyone watched BB Canada? The folks on Mortys seem to like it.
Bunk Moreland

Quote:

Mon 3:05 PM BBT Raven complaining to Matt. Matt says, I wish people would just play the game.
Ag03 CQE
AG
Anyone know why Jason was in time out?
Bunk Moreland
Boring day in the house until Jessica snapped on Josh trying to make him look dumb. Josh then went outside and the house of course goaded him into going back in to keep it going.

Cody said some stupid **** and called him out saying he'd destroy Josh outside the house, then it more or became a pathetic Jess/Josh ***** fight.

Even before all this, sounds like Josh has been completely talked out of Elena even though it's "his hoh not anyone else's."

The one thing that was funny was Josh backed into Raven and she immediately went victim mode about hurting her wrist, and like half the house went on to have side conversations about how Raven makes everything about herself and is always a victim.

Then apparently she went outside and was using her wrist fine. Later on she goes inside and continues to complain. Matt tells her to go tell production that since Cody was motioning or talking **** to Josh when he backed into her, that Cody is now causing people to get hurt in the house and she doesn't feel safe.

I swear, every time Cody and Jess say something pathetic that annoys me, a Raven or Christmas will come along and act 5x more pathetic.

Paul also tried to lead some huge "Josh you've been bullied now" parade because Cody said something about beating his fat ass outside of the house, and mark then called out Paul and others for not being so defending of him when Josh personally attacked him.

Paul immediately went into spin mode about how its different with Josh and he was a victim. Came off almost as Paul heard "fat" and thought it was a perfect opportunity to be a champion for a cause since the last few days Alex has been reminding them that last week they could have been portrayed as bullies.

This entire cast is just so pathetic.

Also, the last 2 days Paul has been using the whole "damn, I'm a returning vet so no one will vote for me. Just playing for 2nd place" talking point to multiple people. Josh and Xmas immediately said privately that Nicole won last year as a returning vet. Means nothing.
Dawnguard
AG

The escalation to pots and pans.

What i'm reading, people seem to think that in the event Cody was to swing at Josh, both Josh and Cody would be removed from the game. Basically - it's production's way of stopping the little brother scenario.
AcctAg11
AG
I can't stand this cast and have no idea who to root for anymore. Each seem pathetic in their own way. Jason, Kevin and (maybe) Mark seem like the only reasonable people anymore, and even they aren't really that great.
Bunk Moreland
Yep.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Put Paul and Alex up with Christmas/Raven as the third nom and the house will turn into an absolute sh*t show full of entertainment
Aggie09Derek
AG
http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/09/big-brother-houseguest-butt-poking
MooreTrucker
AG
i read on a site that production told Josh that he can't bang pots and pans anymore. Matt said that Josh can't play his game anymore because others can't control their emotions. Raven said that banging pots and pans is mental warfare and a part of the game.

What do y'all think about this idea? Is Josh just playing the game or going too far with all the pot-banging (and not in a TexAgs sense of the word)?
htxag09
AG
He probably had to stop because he was going to get himself knocked the eff out and production knows it.

And to answer your question, I think it's over the line, I wouldn't do it, and I don't respect anyone that does it. That being said, don't necessarily disagree that it's "part of the game" and he should have the right to do it. The worst thing about it is how he does it then cries in a corner that he was bullied when he's instigating it most the time.
HTownAg98
Either that or he is destroying their cookware and production told him to knock it off so the house guests have something to cook with.
htxag09
AG
Good point
redass89
You really think CBS gives a **** about $20 pans? They know they can't afford to lose 2 more HG's when Cody inevitably kills Josh.
LHIOB
AG
Josh is a classic case of dish it but cant take it
emoney
AG
On twitter Evel Dick said they told him to stop with the pots and pans in BB8 and he's surprised they let him do it this long.

Bunk Moreland
Aggie09Derek said:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/09/big-brother-houseguest-butt-poking

I'll first start by saying I hate girls like that. We had a friend/acquaintance who is a smoking hot blonde that went to HS with us so she was always around in HS and afterwards that would do the same ***** She'd take hard swings at guys when hanging out or flirting, poke/grab in the butt etc to the point where it was over the top, but it was just whatever.

It got annoying for sure at times.

That being said, the videos of Alex talking about it, and Paul and others bringing it up all happened as part of very long sit downs where they were speculating if they went too far last week and how production is portraying them. It was like they were re-remembering things to then get offended about, and I swear it came off as if they were doing it hoping to pivot any CBS edit perception off of them. Little did they know CBS protected them anyway.

None of them were upset enough to get on a soapbox back when she was doing it, and it's been a while because she and Cody have been isolated from the house since the moment he beat Paul and walked back in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.