*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

258,486 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alex definitely did a line of coke prior to that conversation.
Sex Panther
AG
I've been a Paul homer but that was pretty bad... and I was thinking that from only watching the show tonight. Reading this thread after is disappointing.
Dawnguard
AG
Evel Dick and I agree - Paul got the edit of a hand-selected golden child.

But, the true winner tonight was Christmas - she has zero negative coverage. I understand why CBS is doing it, just disappointed that they decided to shield so many houseguests from bad PR.

I honestly have no problem with Josh as HOH -- the entire rest of the house would use his same plan, with Cody, Jess, and Mark as the first 3 to go. I am wondering if he'll get new pots because he broke his old ones.
jac4
AG
CBS also took down 2 videos that were posted 2 pages back.
MooreTrucker
AG
Remind me, what was the result of that temptation comp. Jason lost so he was a third nom, but who won and what did they get?
Bunk Moreland
Winner gets safety for the week. Mark won.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
So will they put up jessica and Cody and then the whole house play in the temptation comp now to try and prevent either from winning it?
MooreTrucker
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Winner gets safety for the week. Mark won.
Thanks. And we have another one this week?
Bunk Moreland
Yea and 2 more weeks after that. The 3rd nominee stuff is just so stupid.

So as my partner McNulty said, the entire house will be playing and if it's anything other than pure individual, they'll all work together to try and beat Jess and Cody. Only thing slightly different is that the comp happens before nominations I believe, so technically they won't have gone up yet.

If one of Cody/Jess wins that comp, they're safe from nomination and the lower of the comp goes up. Then noms and pov.

But I am confused about one thing... There was no replacement nominee when Paul took Jason off. So clearly if the person who getd the penalty nomination for being last in that comp doesn't get replaced if taken off the block, what if one of the hoh's nominees gets taken off? IMO hoh shouldn't be able to replace either. 3 noms becomes 2.
Bunk Moreland
Also, it's not a big power, but do remember Christmas has the Ring of Replacement to be used any time this summer.

The power is that she can play in any Veto she wants if she's not already playing in it, and it replaces one of the 3 players chosen at random draw.
Rex Racer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Also, it's not a big power, but do remember Christmas has the Ring of Replacement to be used any time this summer.

The power is that she can play in any Veto she wants if she's not already playing in it, and it replaces one of the 3 players chosen at random draw.
The limitation on that is, if it's a physical comp, she'll be useless.
rhoswen
AG
Haven't watched last night's episode. Now I have no desire to.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I rolled my eyes at Julie when she could "confirm that Jessica has used the Hex, and that the eviction was cancelled" like she was reporting a huge news story.
Ag13
AG
silverleaf said:

But, the true winner tonight was Christmas - she has zero negative coverage. I understand why CBS is doing it, just disappointed that they decided to shield so many houseguests from bad PR.
Why are they doing this? Just because of her injury?
Bunk Moreland
All of Christmas' social media following that no doubt votes on these popular update site rankings couldn't save her from her words the other day. She has been consistently a top 4-6 ranked HG all year, and since Monday has fallen to 13th and now 15th. Only Josh & Raven below her.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
What did she say except for attempting to discredit Cody's military service? That's enough in my opinion to put her in last place but making sure I didn't miss something.
Bunk Moreland
Nah, it was just multiple iterations of that, and sort of her exposing her hypocrisy as she was helping Paul get everyone hyped up.

The "sometimes extreme circumstances mean you have to" be a bigger bully than another bully...literally seconds after she said she hates bullies.

She and Paul brought up the military stuff to the house to use, then she and Alex were the ones that used it on him in the back yard. Some other random things like "We need to torture them non stop" or something like that.

It was such a bizarre 5 hours or so that day, and I wish I could say I'm surprised CBS edited that to make it look like an organic fight around the kitchen counter, but I'm not.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
It seems like I've read several times where she's pissed off people in the house with her general attitude and cockiness.
MooreTrucker
AG
Rex Racer said:

Bunk Moreland said:

She'll be useless, except that she'll prevent whichever of Jess or Cody might be competing.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Yea and 2 more weeks after that. The 3rd nominee stuff is just so stupid.

So as my partner McNulty said, the entire house will be playing and if it's anything other than pure individual, they'll all work together to try and beat Jess and Cody. Only thing slightly different is that the comp happens before nominations I believe, so technically they won't have gone up yet.

If one of Cody/Jess wins that comp, they're safe from nomination and the lower of the comp goes up. Then noms and pov.

But I am confused about one thing... There was no replacement nominee when Paul took Jason off. So clearly if the person who getd the penalty nomination for being last in that comp doesn't get replaced if taken off the block, what if one of the hoh's nominees gets taken off? IMO hoh shouldn't be able to replace either. 3 noms becomes 2.
They won't have gone up, but EVERYONE knows it'll be them.

As for the replacement nom, that's a good question. The assumption, I guess, is that the third nom will be "incidental" and not really a target so there will be no real effect either way.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

As for the replacement nom, that's a good question. The assumption, I guess, is that the third nom will be "incidental" and not really a target so there will be no real effect either way.

Yeah, but I'm not even really thinking about this week with Jess/Cody...what about the 2 weeks after this where it's still in play?

I think if they go to 3 nominations, and if one gets pulled off it goes to 2, then it needs to stay consistent if one that comes off is one that the HOH nominated as well.
aggie98infl
AG
Here is another video that someone edited together of the events before the fight to go in tandem with the show's edit. I haven't finished it, but starting around 2 min. in is where Christmas and Matt fight over whether it is worth it for Josh to get knocked out. It really isn't a good look for her.

Rex Racer
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Rex Racer said:

Bunk Moreland said:

She'll be useless, except that she'll prevent whichever of Jess or Cody might be competing.
Ah, good point!
Bunk Moreland
Last night Cody was telling Jessica they need to just stay cool and win competitions. He's seen past seasons where clear targets sort of get lost when the other side picks itself apart.

speed up to this morning, where Josh/Christmas are talking, and Josh says he doesn't want other people to run his HOH. Christmas of course says she'll be a "sounding board" for him (to go feed info to Paul no doubt).

Josh said he wants Elena out. Said he'll put up Cody/Jess, but if one comes off, he wants to put up Elena and make her the target.

Apparently Paul told Josh to go get him and Elena water last night so he could get Josh out of his own HOH room and have a convo with Elena. Then Paul wouldn't tell Josh what they talked about.

Last night Kevin mentioned something to about "i'm not here to play someone else's game."

DR must be feeding that side the "so what's it like to do Paul's bidding" questions to get them stirring.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I was hoping Mark would win HOH. I think he might finally start playing his own game if he had the power. He's just too afraid of making people mad because he is afraid of being nominated. He is the only person in the house that seems genuinely good.
Bunk Moreland
Rex Racer said:

MooreTrucker said:

Rex Racer said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Ah, good point!

She could prevent. If they were nominated by HOH then they get to play no matter what. She only swaps out with one of the 3 chosen at random draw.
Rex Racer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Rex Racer said:

MooreTrucker said:

Rex Racer said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Ah, good point!

She could prevent. If they were nominated by HOH then they get to play no matter what. She only swaps out with one of the 3 chosen at random draw.
That's right. And it's practically a certainty that Jess and Cody will both be nominated every week until they are both gone.
aggie98infl
AG
That will only matter if one of them gets safety and then randomly drawn for the Veto Comp. If they are nominated she can't replace them, and I think it would be too big of a risk to not nominate one of them to try and prevent them from playing in the veto.
Bunk Moreland
The entire week depends on the comp today. If one of Cody/Jess win it, then it sounds like Josh will want to get Elena ready to go up against the other (+ the 3rd nominee who loses).
MooreTrucker
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

I was hoping Mark would win HOH. I think he might finally start playing his own game if he had the power. He's just too afraid of making people mad because he is afraid of being nominated. He is the only person in the house that seems genuinely good.
This comment and Bunk's above it about Kevin make me wonder, what are we missing with Kevin? He seems like a nice guy, really funny, and seems to stay out of the fray, and even talks about not doing comps. Is he hiding in the background or floating or being REALLY strategic?
Bunk Moreland
Good question. he's tough to get a read on. I think he is playing a strategic game, but he isn't without his own missteps here and there.

I think at first when he took the money on day 1 he had to blend in. He's chased the power, but he also hasn't been burning bridges like others have. Sure he won't talk to Jess/Cody and put a target on his back, but when he catches one of them when no one else is around, he'll offer encouragement, tell them to keep their head up etc.

He also has made really solid connections with virtually the entire house. I think they all view him is someone they'll hate to cut, so they'll wait till final 5. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he picks up a win though...but not sure what type of comp it'd have to be.

he definitely struggles with memory and history of the show, which hurts him in a lot of comps.
jac4
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

All of Christmas' social media following that no doubt votes on these popular update site rankings couldn't save her from her words the other day. She has been consistently a top 4-6 ranked HG all year, and since Monday has fallen to 13th and now 15th. Only Josh & Raven below her.

A big portion of her social media following is CrossFit people. Like someone pointed out a few pages back, a lot of CF people aren't really going to be down with bashing a decorated veteran.

Also, I hate Christmas. Someone on Joker's posted an article that she "retired" from the NASCAR pit crew without ever changing a tire in a race.
jac4
AG
Kevin actions in the past week have totally shown him to be Paul's lapdog. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's going to float to mid jury and then get evicted.
MooreTrucker
AG
jac4 said:

Kevin actions in the past week have totally shown him to be Paul's lapdog. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's going to float to mid jury and then get evicted.
What actions have I missed here? It didn't look like Kevin was involved in the harassment.
Bunk Moreland
He was in on all the planning and helping build some hysteria. But he didn't even talk **** to them, and he just stayed outside and played pool as it went down.

I think Kevin is your typical floater that talks a big game to the lower end totem pole people on both sides(only one true side right now) and then fluffs up those with power or the stronger players.

Again, it'll get him mid-pack but he'll have to show his cards at some point as numbers get lower.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.