*****Big Brother 19 Spoilers Thread*****

258,936 Views | 2336 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
AcctAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jac4 said:

I hope Jessica pulls Ramses off the block and replaces him with someone from the big Alliance, like Raven or Elena.

It won't happen. She doesn't have the numbers. Unless someone blows up in the house before Noms, Josh or Ramses will go home regardless of how the veto is used. She would be better off not taking one of then off at this point.

I cant believe Jessica chickened out on these nominations. She is currently in one of the best positions that anyone in the Big Brother house that anyone could even hope to be in this week:

1) She is HOH
2) Her showmance just got back in the house and is arguably THE strongest competitor in the game, giving them a likely chance of back-to-back HOH.
3) She has the safety net of the Halting Hex to keep her and Cody safe for the week after her (or, likely, Cody's next week's) HOH, which probably means Cody gets HOH again after a week of non-eviction.

She has a good chance of sending the next 3 people home, and instead she wastes it on trying to win back the favor of people who are clearly trying to get them out.

Someone who was serious about winning this game would not let this chance go to waste, yet because we get a cast of "just want to make it to jury" types (doesn't help that Paul described it as a summer-long party house, even though he was never there), we get super conservative and subpar gameplay.
Bunk Moreland
I think Jessica has 2 more weeks left. It was for the next 4 evictions IIRC, so Dom/This one, then 2 more.

Im actually ok with it. She can throw the house a bone, take heat off Cody, then they can give the larger alliance 2 weeks to play ball or try to make a move against them and she can Trump it if they do.
AcctAg11
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I think Jessica has 2 more weeks left. It was for the next 4 evictions IIRC, so Dom/This one, then 2 more.

Im actually ok with it. She can throw the house a bone, take heat off Cody, then they can give the larger alliance 2 weeks to play ball or try to make a move against them and she can Trump it if they do.

Ah you are right, I forgot to count this week! Still, a great position to be in. I just hate seeing such conservative gameplay. Cody and Paul are the only ones willing to take risks in the house.

Edit: wait, must be a case of the Monday's here - Dom eviction, Josh/Ramses, next week's (potential Cody HOH), and then the week after. That would be the 4 evictions she can use it on.
LHIOB
AG
Yeah right now Jessica needs people not big moves. Cody coming back was bad for her because now shes a target. Taking out Josh and saving everyone from dealing with him in the jury house is a nice feather in her cap.

She and Cody need to pull in one person like Ramseys and slowly get a few numbers. If they need to stop the week they can but dont rely on that.

The next HOH will likely be "A, B or C" so its anyones game.

Why is it so hard to find people who want to play the game? The Matts and Marks of the world are just duds.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Edit: wait, must be a case of the Monday's here - Dom eviction, Josh/Ramses, next week's (potential Cody HOH), and then the week after. That would be the 4 evictions she can use it on.

Exactly.

So if I'm her/Cody...I don't try to win HOH next week or the week after. Let the other HG's win it, and test them to see if they go right back after them.
Bunk Moreland
So with Christmas hobbled, Jessica and Alex are the only 2 women that can win a competition in the house other than something that is pure chance, right?

I just don't see Elena or Raven being able to win, and both probably don't want to win.

Conversely, Mark & Matt both don't look like they can hang with Cody or Paul whether it's physical or mental. So plinko or "toss the ball" and let it randomly fall in the hole will be the only kind they could potentially win too.

Wouldn't mind a final 4 of Cody/Jess/Paul/Alex simply because they seem to be the only 4 who actively want to play the game week over week.
Flashdiaz
AG
yeah, someone needs to nominate Mark and Matt at the same time. If one wins the veto, put up their showmance. They need to campaign against each other to break that side up because all they are are fickle boring block votes.
jac4
AG
If noms stay Ramses/Josh, then Ramses is going home. Josh is on the periphery of the big alliance and he will do whatever Paul tells him.

Ramses at least would vote with Jessica and Cody, that's why I say take him off. If Josh is on the block against Elena, Paul, or Alex, then Josh goes home.

No one is mad at Jessica, and Jessica and Cody have Ramses and possibly Jason to vote with them.
Bunk Moreland
yeah Ramses is going home. Paul/Alex accurately realize that Josh is too valuable with his explosive emotions. You need that in the house
Eugene4x
AG
Has veto ceremony happened? Who won veto? They gotta put Alex or another threat up as a known pawn to send Josh home. Just flat out say, ram, I'm using this on you to ensure my real target goes home, give us some allegiance, Paul/Alex/Jason we want you to stay and hope the house removes my target this week.
Bunk Moreland
Jess won Veto. Ceremony hasn't happened yet.
jac4
AG
The last feed updates make it sound like Jessica is going to keep noms the same. It sounds like she is eating the BS that Elena is feeding her.
LHIOB
AG
Ramses has received less screen time than the squirrels they show before each comp. If he goes who cares. He's completely worthless. Maybe not the best move for Jess but theres really no good move for her here. It would have been better to have lost the HOH comp and then played all week as if she or Cody was going home. Use that to their advantage to spread cracks in the other alliances and then drop the bomb live on Thursday. Then all the info can be brought to light and #teamchaos is alive and well.
Bunk Moreland
IMO the best move would have been Matt/Raven.

Then if Raven somehow came off, throw Mark up. If Matt came off, throw Paul up.

That way you send Matt, Mark or Paul home.

Even if she pissed off the big alliance, they still had 2 weeks with the halting hex. 2 weeks is an eternity to repair damage in the house.

But it was clear as soon as Cody got back in, Jessica was wrapped back up with Elena and them so it would never happen.
MooreTrucker
AG
I disagree to a point. Christmas hung on in the HOH comp for almost 3 freaking hours on one leg. Definitely able to win and competing hard. At least what we see on TV.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I disagree to a point. Christmas hung on in the HOH comp for almost 3 freaking hours on one leg. Definitely able to win and competing hard. At least what we see on TV.
I saw her scooter has an advantage, she could lean on that while everybody else had to stand. Did anybody else think it was unfair?
jac4
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

MooreTrucker said:

I saw her scooter has an advantage, she could lean on that while everybody else had to stand. Did anybody else think it was unfair?

I think it was a net advantage. However, the cast did put pressure on her leg in an uncomfortable way. She was 1 week out from a fairly serious orthopedic surgery, so I don't want to take anything away from her.
AcctAg11
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

yeah Ramses is going home. Paul/Alex accurately realize that Josh is too valuable with his explosive emotions. You need that in the house

So Jess making an emotional nomination (rather than a strategic one) is going to result in her losing a number that was heavily leaning toward her side?

Numbers are so crucial for their game, since they just have 0 social game to help make up any ground lost. And apparently, Jess and Cody have isolated themselves again. The nominations and gameplay this week might just be a $500k mistake for Jess/Cody.
MooreTrucker
AG

MooreTrucker said:

No it wasn't an advantage because with the cast she can't really lean against it. It just holds her leg up off the ground. The weight was all on her good leg.
jac4
AG
Jessica didn't play POV. Ramses gone.

I guess Thursday's eviction will wake Jody (Jessica + Cody) up about the split in the house. It will be 7-3 or 8-2.

Would be awesome for her to play the Hex next week and then either her or Cody get HOH the following week...
Dawnguard
AG
I can at least see the thought process Jessica is using: "I put up 2 people that the house does not want in jury. I'd like one gone, but if the other goes, the house still wins. By doing this, the house should put up the other one next week, and we can have un-filmed time together in jury house"

Paul has been telling the people in the house that he hears Jessica and Cody say "All we want is to make Jury," but then says he's not sure it's a good idea or if he believes that's their only goal.

The best move is not always visible to the players. I'm sure Jessica realizes that Paul will go after her and Cody again, but I think her logic is stuck on making it over the jury house hump (if you see what I did there).
spanky
AG

MooreTrucker said:

it's bs that she is still on the show at all
Flashdiaz
AG
seems like it's a lock for Paul to win.... other than Jess or Cody, no one will go after him. Alex has a secret deal so Jason won't step on that. And the 4 block boring couples are all infatuated with him. Josh loves him as well. lots of friendship.
ZEEB
AG
Very disappointing that Jess kept Ramses on the block. The only reason I can think of her leaving it alone was the halting hex, but why not compound the usage of that after shaking things up? They are the main targets either way regardless of how much they are trying to pander to entire house.

Wasted week IMO. I am getting tired of Paul, Josh, Raven ,and Gimpy Xmas.
Bunk Moreland
Agree with you 100%. Should have created chaos knowing they had 2 more weeks of safety. But again, my entire opinion is they could have done the Matt/Mark/Raven/Paul roulette, to ensure one of Matt/Mark/Paul goes home around Raven on the block, then if Cody won HOH next week, he could have done the same thing to get a 2nd out of that 3 out, THEN they'd still have another week of the hex (the week Cody isn't eligible for HOH).

But, it's much easier for us to see the game move outside the house. We can't discount that the house has a major psychological impact on the game. I think that's what makes people like Dan and Dr. Will so good. They seemingly never got caught up into the emotion or psychosis that is brought on by being stuck in that house 24/7 with nothing to do but talk and get paranoid and over-analyze.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, really hoping she was going to make a better move. I think Cody has a good read on the house and the fact that the big group really aren't in an alliance with him and Jess, he just doesn't want to blow up her game like last time so is going along with everything she says....

Oh well, hopefully something happens to turn the house and Josh will go home this week instead of Ramses, I can't stand meatball.
LHIOB
AG
Typically when someone has a ton of power this early in the game it doesn't last. I can only hope Paul is knocked down a peg or two the next few weeks.
Bunk Moreland
I'm just glad that unless Kevin says something blatantly sexist or racist, he seems to have $50k in the bag this summer.
htxag09
AG
I thought he did? Didn't he say something along the lines of "he isn't wrong you know" when Cody was making his comments about the trans community? Everyone just focused on Cody.
Bunk Moreland
True. But I don't even think that was bad by Cody. I mean something that is bad enough for production to feel the need to show America.

Cody was accurately acknowledging, though in a very very flippant way, that given the type of person he is, the trans community is not going to be looking to him to be their champion. Which is true.
htxag09
AG
Oh I agree 100%...
ZEEB
AG
I thought he had $25,027 in the bag? Does he get a participating fee or money from the jury?
LHIOB
AG
If what Cody had said had been really bad it would be all over TMZ and SJW would be trying to overrun the house.
Bunk Moreland
aggieZephyr said:

I thought he had $25,027 in the bag? Does he get a participating fee or money from the jury?

America's Player (favorite) gets $25k, and he's far and away #1 and has been for a while.

So $50k + the weekly stipends all summer.

Back in 2011 a contract was leaked that showed weekly stipends at $750/week in the house or in jury. I assume that has gone up a bit but probably not by much.

So another $9-$10k for getting to jury.
MrPlow2010
AG
I've seen people on reddit say it's $1000 per week now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.