*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,660 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Ewok It Out08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved seeing the Jedi order symbol.
AliasMan02
AG
Ewok It Out08 said:

Loved seeing the Old Republic symbol.

Jedi Order symbol, I believe.
jokershady
AG
HOly **** holy ****

I just noticed this in the trailer....

When you get the wide shot of the island and here Luke say, "It's so much bigger" look hard in the distance....

It shows what appears to be Rey training with a saber while Luke watches.....it looks green
Ewok It Out08
AG
You're correct. My mistake.
Max Power
AG
Brennus said:

AgMarauder04 said:

The blue to red lightsaber might have significance.
Two things Luke say help this out. He talks about balance ( which goes back to the original prophecy)

And then Luke says the Jedi must END.

Meaning the two side light and dark, Jedi and Sith can't exist anymore seperately. This is always what I thought the balance meant. you have to have BOTH light and dark to fully master the force.
I agree the talk about balance along with the Jedi must end have to be key to this movie. I wonder if by the Jedi must end he also means the Sith must end. He's been in hiding and he decides to go on the offensive. I think the reason his face is higher and larger is because he's Luke f'ing Skywalker, everything Kylo Ren was doing on TFA was about tracking him down, his uncle, the Jedi. He looms large for Kylo Ren.

I think the different colored light saber between Luke and Kylo is significant in that there will be a fight between them. Also potentially something happens with Kylo that he perhaps starts to turn away from the dark side. Need to watch TFA again, but did they ever state specifically why we went to the dark side? I just remember saying they lost him to the dark side.

I just don't see Luke going to the dark side, especially after training Rey. Plus the talk of balance for him to flip, then there's just Rey, seems to go against the balance aspect.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Ewok It Out08 said:

Loved seeing the Old Republic symbol.

Jedi Order symbol, I believe.

This. Jedi Temple, so Jedi symbol
AgMarauder04
AG
I really hope to see Luke go ape**** on the FO.
AliasMan02
AG
Max Power said:

Brennus said:

AgMarauder04 said:

The blue to red lightsaber might have significance.
Two things Luke say help this out. He talks about balance ( which goes back to the original prophecy)

And then Luke says the Jedi must END.

Meaning the two side light and dark, Jedi and Sith can't exist anymore seperately. This is always what I thought the balance meant. you have to have BOTH light and dark to fully master the force.
I agree the talk about balance along with the Jedi must end have to be key to this movie. I wonder if by the Jedi must end he also means the Sith must end.
Need to watch TFA again, but did they ever state specifically why we went to the dark side? I just remember saying they lost him to the dark side.

Sith are already ended, so we're halfway there. Snoke is something else.

We don't know a lot of details about why Ben fell, but we know that it was a long game by Snoke to turn him.

It's also suggested that learning his grandfather was Vader was a big part of it. Particularly HOW he learned, which was not from Luke or Leia, but when the information went public to try and hurt Leia politically.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I think Luke found something in the original Jedi Temple and with his dealings with the force that led him to believe that the Jedi were not doing something he felt was acceptable or correct to the original intent of the force. This was what Anakin was intended for but went too far to the dark side. Then Luke didn't go far enough at least initially.
AMW2010
AG
MSFC Aggie
amercer
AG
Sweet
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Is that Grey Code Canon? or is it fan fiction? It is basically similar to what I think happens but wow
Simplebay
AG
Considering the Sith code is from KOTOR, which was thrown out of canon...
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Is this Canon? I just googled it. They are saying Qui-Gon was Grey.

"If you would just follow the Code, you would be on the Council. They will not go along with you this time."

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice." Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn

If KOTOR isn't canon then yeah this probably isn't either. But it is where question is coming from.
AliasMan02
AG
Brennus said:

Is that Grey Code Canon? or is it fan fiction? It is basically similar to what I think happens but wow

Definitely not canon.

But if a middle way is the "right" way it flies in the face of what we know about the Living Force which is associated only with the Light.
TooTall 06
AG
AMW2010 said:

So does anybody else think that the Luke/Kylo/Rey poster is an abstraction of the Grey Logo on the Code description image?

Could Kylo be Luke's access to the Dark Side?
AggieSportsGuy
AG
So basically Luke found something that led him to believe that the balance in the force is individualistic as well as universal. He tries teaching Ben Solo and Ben is one of the best young light side users he's ever seen, but Luke knows that Ben must delve into the dark side of the force to achieve balance.

Due to different circumstances such as his parents broken relationship and Snokey Snoke trying to get in his ear while he is tapping into Dark side of the force, Ben goes full ape**** and murders the others or recruits people to join him. Luke feels that although the old ways of the Jedi are technically incorrect, this new method he has used has generated devastating results, one that he is very hesistant to get Rey involved in but he knows deep down he must be the last of his kind.
AliasMan02
AG
I think he tries to teach Kylo the Light but fails. If he's looking for a third option, I think that search starts AFTER Ben falls.
OnlyForNow
AG
Also, it looks like the scene of the tree...

That's a book shelf with book ends and of course books.
Gigem314
AG
Wow. Can't wait.

Also, after listening with some headphones...is it just me or does that sound like Frank Oz in the background after the part where Luke asks her "What do you see?"

And Luke is instructing in a strikingly similar way that Yoda did with him.

just kinda interesting...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Didn't even need to see anything or hear the voice over. Just the music alone was enough for a full on SW boner
Gigem314
AG
Brennus said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Is this Canon? I just googled it. They are saying Qui-Gon was Grey.

"If you would just follow the Code, you would be on the Council. They will not go along with you this time."

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice." Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn

If KOTOR isn't canon then yeah this probably isn't either. But it is where question is coming from.
"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you" - Yoda to Obi-Wan
Saxsoon
AG
Thought this was a nice writ up on Luke jumping off the scale to prevent the sith from even wanting to rise up against the Jedi

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/14/star-wars-why-luke-skywalker-might-want-to-end-the-jedi
twilly
AG
Could that book be the The Journal of the Whills?
AgBQ-00
AG
I've been rolling this around in my head and it is really scattered. But throughout all of the movies balance is brought up. It is part of the prophecy that Anakin was supposed to bring about. The thought that there is no light without dark and there is no dark without light really pushes this further. In our minds we grow up thinking that the light is good and the dark is bad. But in reality both are necessary and always have been. Being completely on the light side means denying much of what it means to be alive. You cannot be passionate because it leads to the dark side etc. But what about those times when passion and strength and vengence are justified. The dark side has to be there to mete out justice. It would make sense to me if the idea of personal balance as well as universal balance is hammered on in this movie.

Also, anybody else remember the scene in TFA where Kylo mentions seeing the island as he is probing Rae's mind? I think this points to her having premonitions/future seeing abilities. I think Kylo was seeing the island that Luke was on, he just mistook it for a memory in Rae's mind. Her force vision in the basement seems to point to this too. She clearly sees her confrontation with Kylo in the woods. Will be interesting if this plays out further in this movie.
cc10106
That doesn't sound like Luke at the end. Pretty sure that's Benicio's character, whoever he is playing.

This may have been brought up already, haven't checked.
AliasMan02
AG
cc10106 said:

That doesn't sound like Luke at the end. Pretty sure that's Benicio's character, whoever he is playing.

Listening again I'm sure it's Luke.

Plus of anyone else were to say that it wouldn't mean anything.
cc10106
AliasMan02 said:

cc10106 said:

Listening again I'm sure it's Luke.

Plus of anyone else were to say that it wouldn't mean anything.
Not sure about the last part, but I see his lips moving now. Still doesn't sound like him from what I remember, but he obviously is older, and this version of Luke is still "new"-sounding considering his role in TFA.
bedofbrass33
AG
Holy **** that music
AgMarauder04
AG
I've seen a couple of breakdowns that claim this.
PatAg
AG
I guess I'm one of the few that just likes to watch these trailers but does not enjoy the "breakdown" videos and articles that follow?
As in, I enjoy talking about how awesome it was and all, but I don't want to to try to project anything from it.
Malachi Constant
AG
You aren't alone. I've traditionally hated any type of "breakdowns" or "reaction" videos. I especially hate it when people catch a single frame of a trailer and use it to endlessly speculate about stuff. It seems like this is getting more commonplace, and I'm sure directors have to dictate what is shown in trailers to stave off endless specultAtion.

However, for episode XIII, I've decided that I'm ready to go full-on spoiler mode. I am going to read anything I can about the plot, characters, etc. I'm doing this because I know that no matter what, I'm going to be 100% in the dark for episode IX. I'll probably not even watch trailers for it.
DB Coach
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

What is this an image of? The Force Tree?

I immediately thought of Bendu when I saw this part of the trailer...I know it looks more like a tree, but so does Bendu when he's hiding.
amercer
AG
"I only know one truth"
That's Kylos voice

"It's time for the Jedi to end"
Is a different voice. Maybe Luke, maybe not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.