*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

382,914 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only one thing is certain about this movie.

People will get excited, they will see and love it (as with the prequels and TFA).

Then they will come home and read posts by people who are like "so above us" who say it was trash.

They will then start to "reflect" on the movie and begin to hate it in order to be "cool". Like the original trilogy was some ground breaking story telling, when in fact it blew up due to the special effects never done before.

Then there will be continued demands for George Lucas to come mow their lawn every week in order to pay them back for destroying their childhood.

PS. I can't wait for this movie.
The Collective
AG
Start the countdown for the international trailer.
redline248
AG
SF2004 said:

People will get excited, they will see and love it (as with the prequels and TFA).

Then they will come home and read posts by people who are like "so above us" who say it was trash.

They will then start to "reflect" on the movie and begin to hate it in order to be "cool". Like the original trilogy was some ground breaking story telling, when in fact it blew up due to the special effects never done before.

Then there will be continued demands for George Lucas to come mow their lawn every week in order to pay them back for destroying their childhood.

Nailed it

The Collective
AG
Rian was playing 3d chess with his tweets. I think they gave us nothing, but they want people to think they might know something.
Dro07
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

Rey and her raw force abilities caused the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy. Burying him in rubble.
A couple of the 'good' guys were going to kill Rey because she was too strong, but Kylo intervenes:

and saves her.
I think its been cleared up that Kylo killing this person wasn't at the temple.
Flashdiaz
AG
dromo07 said:

Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

Rey and her raw force abilities caused the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy. Burying him in rubble.
A couple of the 'good' guys were going to kill Rey because she was too strong, but Kylo intervenes:

and saves her.
I think its been cleared up that Kylo killing this person wasn't at the temple.
alternate unfounded theory

Rey goes to Vader's castle and is in trouble with these guys when Kylo comes in and saves her.
They go to the castle together and have one of these fireplace scenes : o

TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

and saves her.
I really dig this theory.
jr15aggie
AG
Leading up to the trailer, Finn wasn't somebody that I was thinking much about, but his shots looked pretty bad ass! He spent most of TFA running from the first order... so far it looks like he's taking the fight right at them in this one. Nice!
Urban Ag
AG
SF2004 said:

Sorry but no. TPM was just too cheesy. Sans the last 30-40 minutes of action in AOTC, it was just mediocre. I actually do like ROTS but it was not at the level of ANH or ESB. And TFA, while it had some great high points, was just not that good. My opinion.

It has nothing to do with being cool and my opinions are not influenced by a message board. I barely spoke for an hour after seeing TFA. I think my wife and kids were worried about me. I had never been more hyped for a movie in my life than TFA and it fell flat for me. The last thing on earth I wanted was not to love it. It's actually the reverse of what you posted. I tried to convince myself for months that is was good but ultimately I couldn't.

Now Rogue One.....they stuck that landing. Amazing movie.

But I do agree that the Lucas hate is just silly grandstanding.
GoAgs92
AG
Looks I can wait til netflix on this one.

of course i should netflix rogue one first.

I blame my kids lack of interest in Star Wars for my slackage.
The Collective
AG
Comment I saw elsewhere on the interwebz... Luke is speaking to the audience in both trailers:

"Breathe, just breathe"
and now...
"This is not going to go the way you think"
Flashdiaz
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Looks I can wait til netflix on this one.

of course i should netflix rogue one first.

I blame my kids lack of interest in Star Wars for my slackage.
I blame you for you kids lack of interest in Star Wars
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. Your kids not being into Star Wars is on you.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This. Your kids not being into Star Wars is on you.
not fair. You think we don't try? My kids are fans just not super fans like us aging nerds.

The problem is kids have too many choices and distractions now. They don't wait in anticipation for the next star wars movie, show, toys, etc,because their attention is quickly taken by the next thing that comes along and that includes sports.

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I showed my 4 year old the original trilogy and he was hooked immediately. He has been Darth Vader the last two Halloweens and was overjoyed when his aunt sent him a Kylo Ren costume this week for Halloween. He has been wearing it constantly. I haven't even showed him the prequels but he knows what happens from piecing it together ( He loves the Clone wars cartoons) He even knows Anakin gets chopped up by Obi Wan and gets burned. And I never pushed it except to show him the oriignal movies. ( He has seen Episode VII and Rogue One which he calls episode III 1/2 )
TheDoctor
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

and saves her.

So are we saying that the destruction of the temple occurred when Rey was the age she is in the vision? Or when she was a kid? If it's when she's a kid wouldn't Kyle be too young to do anything about stopping "good guys" killing her?
redline248
AG
Don't try to analyze what anyone is saying about anything in regards to these movies. Good chance they are all wrong.
redline248
AG
In a serious answer, let's really break this down.

1 - no she is not 'vision age' at the time of Kylo's betrayal.
2 - Kylo is (I think) quite a bit older than Rey, by maybe 10 years? some alpha nerd will know for sure.
3 - If she was lying there, as a kid, when all that took place, and he was there to "save her," why wouldn't he take her to Snoke right then?
PlanoAggie
AG
Awesome! This "music only" trailer gave me more chills than the actual trailer.

tk for tu juan -- Thanks for posting!
Flashdiaz
AG
redline248 said:

3 - If she was lying there, as a kid, when all that took place, and he was there to "save her," why wouldn't he take her to Snoke right then?
Kylo would be an angry teen, he doesn't want a kid ruining his game.... or maybe Luke punches through the rubble as we saw in the trailer and proceeds to kill the nights of Ren. Kylo escapes. Luke doesn't want anything to do with this child so he drops her off at the junkyard (safe from the 'good' guys and the bad guys) and just has trusty ol' Lar SanCaca watch over her from afar and hopes he never sees her again.
wcb
AG
From another message board...

Quote:

Maybe Kylo ends up killing Snoke and together with Rey they have to face down Luke in Episode IX

Now that would be epic.
Charlie Delta
wcb said:

Quote:

Maybe Kylo ends up killing Snoke and together with Rey they have to face down Luke in Episode IX

Now that would be epic.

There is one part in the trailer where Luke says "this is not going to go the way you think!" And then it shows Luke looking very dark and evil.
Simplebay
AG

snoke?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Some people just can't figure out that their tastes and moods change as they get older. People who are permanently stuck in "brooding teenager" mode want every movie to change to suit them. Screw 'em. Ewoks were awesome when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade or whatever. Star Wars movies are designed for a broad audience, not just the black t-shirt crowd who needs F-bombs and gory death scenes they can fap to.
jr15aggie
AG
wcb said:

Quote:

Now that would be epic.
That would be awful! A New Hope loses its entire purpose if he ends up being dark at the end of this trilogy. The prequel trilogy is a huge Negative Nancy if not for Obi-Wan handing off Luke in the final shot. If Luke has anything but a happy ending where he finds peace, then all 3 trilogies are a really depressing "evil always wins" story.

No thanks!
Belton Ag
AG
jr15aggie said:

wcb said:

Quote:

Now that would be epic.
That would be awful! A New Hope loses its entire purpose if he ends up being dark at the end of this trilogy. The prequel trilogy is a huge Negative Nancy if not for Obi-Wan handing off Luke in the final shot. If Luke has anything but a happy ending where he finds peace, then all 3 trilogies are a really depressing "evil always wins" story.

No thanks!
Yeah, it'd be like watching Indiana Jones become a Nazi in the final installment.
jeffk
AG
How about if Luke goes evil and gets torn up pretty badly by Kylo and Rey. While he's lying there dying, Rey expresses some remorse which causes Kylo turns on Rey and attack her with force lightning. Situation looks grim for her until Luke staggers to his feet, picks up Kylo and tosses him to his doom down an industrial-looking bottomless pit. Rey holds Luke as he breathes his last breath and she burns his body in the true Jedi funeral tradition.
redline248
AG
Wrong installment of the franchise
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brennus said:

I showed my 4 year old the original trilogy and he was hooked immediately. He has been Darth Vader the last two Halloweens and was overjoyed when his aunt sent him a Kylo Ren costume this week for Halloween. He has been wearing it constantly. I haven't even showed him the prequels but he knows what happens from piecing it together ( He loves the Clone wars cartoons) He even knows Anakin gets chopped up by Obi Wan and gets burned. And I never pushed it except to show him the oriignal movies. ( He has seen Episode VII and Rogue One which he calls episode III 1/2 )
We're waiting until she's 5 but are debating on the order... currently I have:

(OT in Harmy's Despecialized Editions)
4, 5, Anticheese-PQs Edit, 6, 7, 8, RO
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Back to Page 37
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

[VIDEO]
Back to Page 37
At 1:50 is she diving down into a darkside cave underwater? ("Your weapons, you will not need them")?

Is she confronting Force-Shade Snoke in the cave?
redline248
AG
Interesting visuals on this display
SeattleAgJr
Gary watching mom.

Bruce Almighty
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brennus said:

We're waiting until she's 5 but are debating on the order... currently I have:

(OT in Harmy's Despecialized Editions)
4, 5, Anticheese-PQs Edit, 6, 7, 8, RO

Dude, if she's 5, just show them in the release order. She's not going to appreciate some funky made up order that only Star Wars geeks care about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.