*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,052 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, Thx for the pic. I watched on my phone, and thought that's what I saw.
wangus12
AG
The Collective
AG
"Who are you" wanting her to define who she is or Luke really doesn't having a ****ing clue who she is? So many questions, ahhhh!
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

"Who are you" wanting her to define who she is or Luke really doesn't having a ****ing clue who she is? So many questions, ahhhh!
he doesn't recognize her.

HTH
Flashdiaz
AG
BernArnold said:

CJS4715 said:

Was that a younger Kylo in the shot right before he slams his mask? Something looked different. Could just be my imagination.

almost certainly...because he does not have the black scar things on his face (from TFA) for one thing...also hair appears shorter.

vs.

he still has a scar above his eye in the first pic.

maybe he switched it up to a flesh colored carbon fiber bandaid.
The Collective
AG
His face in the first pic looks like he just got done burning some **** to the ground.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"Kylo failed you. I won't" - most chills for me since Han's "It's true. All of it." in TFA trailer #2

Alternatively Luke's follow-up line should be "Who the hell is Kylo?"
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Before / During / Immediately After (60 days) / Internet After (years)

SW - too young; 10, 10, 10, 9
ESB - too young, 10, 10, 10, 10
ROJ - too young, 10, 10, 10, 8

TPM - 10, 10, 8, 5
AOC - 9, 8, 7, 6
ROS - 8, 9, 9, 7

TFA - 10, 9, 9, 8
RO - 8, 10, 10, 9
TLJ - 10, ....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rare to I see someone like AOTC more than TPM
Saul Goodman
AG
I "enjoy" AOTC more than TPM.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Rare to I see someone like AOTC more than TPM
If I could scrub TPM from the memory banks these days I would... Jar Jar is just awful and doesn't age well either.

You could slice that movie into 20 minutes and still tell it well. Which is what must edits & cuts have done...
Belton Ag
AG
TPM was a better movie than ATOC, but Jar Jar and Little Ani make it almost unwatchable.
Flashdiaz
AG
Belton Ag said:

TPM was a better movie than ATOC, but Jar Jar and Little Ani make it almost unwatchable.
Um Jar Jar and little Ani make up most of the movie, which makes most of the movie unwatchable.
TCTTS
AG
WALTON LOADS!
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

"Kylo failed you. I won't" - most chills for me since Han's "It's true. All of it." in TFA trailer #2

What if Rey is saying that to Snoke?
Dro07
AG
Does anyone else think that they are reversing the shot at the end with Rey where she raises her lightsaber? For some reason to me it looks like its reversed and its her bring the saber down and not raising it and turning it on. Something about her hands going onto the light saber seems off.
Saul Goodman
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Rey says "Kylo failed you, I won't" near the beginning of the movie. You get the flashbacks to Kylo smashing his helmet here when Luke is telling her the story.

Rey runs off to "confront Vader" i mean Kylo same as Luke.

Kylo extends his hand to Rey at the end of the movie after " things don't go the way you expect them to" ie. she failed him.

this movie will be very similar to Empire except that Rey goes with Kylo where Luke jumped and left Vader.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brennus said:

Rey says "Kylo failed you, I won't" near the beginning of the movie. You get the flashbacks to Kylo smashing his helmet here when Luke is telling her the story.

Rey runs off to "confront Vader" i mean Kylo same as Luke.

Kylo extends his hand to Rey at the end of the movie after " things don't go the way you expect them to" ie. she failed him.

this movie will be very similar to Empire except that Rey goes with Kylo where Luke jumped and left Vader.

Except what he says is a warning...not after the fact.

"Things are not going to go....the way you expect".

TCTTS
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
well I fumbled the placements but I meant it goes as she is leaving to go confront Kylo.
The Collective
AG
Well, Rian just said the movie wouldn't be a homage to the OT.
Dro07
AG
Page 49
AliasMan02
AG
CJS4715 said:

That's not going to kill that tired joke, I fear.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

CJS4715 said:

I understand that the joke can be annoying, but it's Star Wars own fault. I mean, why does the first order need giant walkers? You'd think they might have learned and developed something more maneuverable while maintaining firepower. Yet, "hey let's make a battle with walkers, but have them be bigger!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think we're getting a spit-ton of misdirection from these TV spots and trailers and nobody really knows what's going to happen when, other than at some point Rey is getting tortured by Snoke.

I'm hopeful that Luke's "This isn't going to go the way you think" is said when he and Chewie are playing dejarik on the Falcon while Rey does some Jedi homework.
Belton Ag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Belton Ag said:

Um Jar Jar and little Ani make up most of the movie, which makes most of the movie unwatchable.
Yeah but the rest of the movie wasn't a mess. AOTC was a complete mess.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

AliasMan02 said:

CJS4715 said:

I understand that the joke can be annoying, but it's Star Wars own fault. I mean, why does the first order need giant walkers? You'd think they might have learned and developed something more maneuverable while maintaining firepower. Yet, "hey let's make a battle with walkers, but have them be bigger!"
License to vehicle design and stuff like that is something I think you have to grant Star Wars, or any fantastic franchise, really. They're walkers because they look really cool and they create a fun contrasting battle between lumbering brute force machines with lots of firepower and small, underpowered speeders that are incredibly agile.

Most vehicle designs in sci-fi or fantasy don't stand up to much scrutiny. Even those that have in-universe design rationale got there working from a very neat-o design and backing out of it to explain. The Millennium Falcon is a hamburger with a bite taken out of it and an olive speared to the top, and it's arguably the most iconic vehicle in movie history.
redline248
AG
I don't care about how they design stuff. I'm talking about "we don't want people to think we are just redoing the original trilogy, but let's make bigger walkers." Just an obvious example of why people keep saying that.
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Nice; more Finn dialogue... he's been kinda forgotten in the build up
twilly
AG
14 new Star Wars: The Last Jedi images from a galaxy far, far away
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now that we're just under a month out, any predictions for opening weekend and total box office?

For reference, TFA opened at $247M and finished at $936M and RO did $155M and $532M. (Domestic)

I'm going to go with $200M opening and $850M total. I think the (hopefully) good critical reception will give it strong legs, besides the fact that it's a Star Wars movie, but it's going to be hard to top the juggernaut that was TFA. Just way too much hype.

Saul Goodman
AG
I'd agree with you on those numbers. TLJ being a superior movie won't translate to a higher box office than TFA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.