*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,208 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tx1c said:

JCRiley09 said:

It would have been dope if Obi Wan had called him Anakin in Ep IV... But Lucas would have needed to know the Luke/Anakin story at the time, and forfeit the father plot twist
A quick sidetrack:
I think it's funny how Ben calls him "Darth" as if it's a first name, but generally since then (prequel episodes in particular) it seems that the villains are referred to by the second name.

That's because at the time, it was his first name.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm going to be really disturbed if Luke has turned. I just cannot fathom him being the bad guy
SpreadsheetAg
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I'm going to be really disturbed if Luke has turned. I just cannot fathom him being the bad guy
I still don't think he's "turned" but I do think he may be mad in the head slightly.
The Collective
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Maybe he hasn't turned, from a certain point of view.
AgBQ-00
AG
Well there is a way to look at it. Wild speculation he "turns" to unite Rey and Kylo and then they all three take on Snoke.
Flashdiaz
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Well there is a way to look at it. Wild speculation he "turns" to unite Rey and Kylo and then they all three take on Snoke.
or he takes Joins Kylo (hand extended to Luke from Trailer) to go after Rey and Snoke.
MASAXET
AG
Cromagnum said:

Just leaving this here.

I said the same thing when the poster came out. I deserve internet points.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I am thinking Kylo doesn't kill Leia... but Snoke finishes her when he realizes Kylo couldn't do or, and he banishes Kylo as weak once he has Rey... (or Kylo leaves on his own, disgruntled with Snoke)

So then Kylo goes to Luke...
cbr
AG
you cant have a badass actor like Von Sydow run his course just in that movie. he will be back with a big role.
Liquid Wrench
He's 88.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ChiliBeans said:

He's 88.

He's also dead. The character.

So a flashback at best. Not gonna be a major character.
AliasMan02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I am thinking Kylo doesn't kill Leia... but Snoke finishes her when he realizes Kylo couldn't do or, and he banishes Kylo as weak once he has Rey... (or Kylo leaves on his own, disgruntled with Snoke)

So then Kylo goes to Luke...
I hadn't really considered it from this angle, but I think it's safe to say, ESPECIALLY with JJ back at the helm for Episode IX, that Han's prediction about Snoke and Kylo will come true. He'll use Kylo for his power and then when he gets what he wants, he'll crush him.
Flashdiaz
AG

who's ring does Poe have around his neck?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
It is Finn's basic stormtrooper training ring. If you shoot through the ring you fail and have to be a rebel.
The Collective
AG
Maybe his dad's wedding ring? Do characters wear wedding rings in Star Wars?
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Maybe his dad's wedding ring? Do characters wear wedding rings in Star Wars?
if they did, they would look like this:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
512Ag
AG
Well that was enjoyable.
The Collective
AG
Man, I feel like I'd be really pissed at myself for watching that trailer before seeing the movie.
redline248
AG
Yeah, that is a super spoilery trailer
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, that's basically a retelling of the movie post facto.
jokershady
AG
Well...that was awesome!
mazag08
AG
Boom baby
TajMaballer
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BaXe5r0g1m_

Posting this here cause John Williams is involved with this film. I might be misremembering, but I think Kobe made them play the Imperial March when they announced his name in pregame.
Malachi Constant
AG
The Shank Ag
Ammonite
every time i see footage of the new movies shooting on location and not against a green screen, I get a little more pissed about the prequels and want to go kick lucas in the nuts.
maca1028
What's that supposed to be?
jr15aggie
AG
Ammonite said:

every time i see footage of the new movies shooting on location and not against a green screen, I get a little more pissed about the prequels and want to go kick lucas in the nuts.

I was watching revenge of the sith the other day... My son wanted to watch it. Granted it's the DVD version (I've had no interest in upgrading), but man it has not held up well over time. On my 4K TV it looks like absolute crap. Not talking about the resolution either, the effects are noticably bad in many spots. Maybe watching on a Blu Ray would help, but to me it has more to do with too much CG and not enough real stuff to reference in the shots.

Some of the scenes were obviously all green screen and looked much worse than today's average TV show. In particular the scene early on when Anakin meets Padme in that huge area with all the columns. The entire thing looks awful by today's standards and the lighting is way off.

No bueno
vwbug
Ammonite said:

I really wish they would reshoot 1-3, that would be awesome.

Also are we going to see romantic connection between Rey and Kylo in 8 or will they wait til 9? I'm convinced it's happening.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
vwbug said:

Ammonite said:

I really wish they would reshoot 1-3, that would be awesome.

Also are we going to see romantic connection between Rey and Kylo in 8 or will they wait til 9? I'm convinced it's happening.
I posted this on the Reboots you want to see thread:

Star Wars Prequels.....into one concise 2.5 hour movie.

no stupid little kid
no midichlorian BS
no virgin birth
no jar jar binks
no political dramas
no creepy age difference romance
no green screen

1. starts with darth maul battle with obi wan and qui gon, qui gon asks obi wan to train anakin thats all the setup you need leave out everything else from ep. 1

2. we next see obi wan with his padawan anakin in training....anakin recalls meeting amidala when they were younger but no age difference is stated they are the same age it is left to your imagination that they were both kids

3. mostly plays out the way 2 and 3 then transpire except leave out most of the political mumbo jumbo and don't have anakin slaughter infants maybe he was bad enough as is

4. and of course reshoot it on actual sets, no green screen BS.

Star Wars: Vader Rises
redline248
AG
He killed Han Solo right in front of her. Don't think she's going to let that one go.
AliasMan02
AG
Have Dave Filoni produce that whole project to preserve the Clone Wars, which has too much good to abandon. Dave would be able to pay the proper tribute to Lucas, his mentor, but also clearly knows that things suck and would salvage the salvageable.
The Collective
AG
The Kylo and Rey relationship does not make sense for either character's story to me.
vwbug

It's happening, will be very surprised if it doesn't.

I think we see more of Rey's dream in 8 and it will show she had a connection with Kylo during the jedi temple days. Kylo tells her "I'll be back sweetheart" (from the dream) but Luke hides her with the help of the old man who kicks the bucket at the beginning of 7.

I think Rey will realize that Kylo Ren is her friend from the temple days, and it will cloud her judgement in 8.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.