*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

383,139 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved coming full circle. Sounds like we are back to reigniting a true rebellion.

The resistance getting their asses kicked was a new thing. All movie. Truly felt desperate
wangus12
AG
Not sure how I feel right now
wangus12
AG
I'm with you on how the ending with Luke went. Maybe its because he might be my favorite movie hero as a kid and like you I have these massive visions of how he wields the Force. I think its good ending, but I'll always want more from him. Huge tease when he said he would see Kylo around. Gonna be tough to process losing him

Pretty damn good movie overall. Has a **** ton of awesome. Some parts I didn't like as much, but nothing I really disliked.
GoneForGood
wangus12 said:

Same. I'm gonna need a day or two to process what I just saw. I'll most likely see it again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, I can't pretend I am not disappointed. I definitely am. Maybe not about the movie overall, but how his character ended.

Also, I should've realized what was going on when Luke ignited his old blue lightsaber. That lightsaber had already been destroyed in the Rey/Kylo fight.
AGinHI
AG
wangus12 said:

What do you mean man?

Like it was do overwhelmingly good you have no words?

Should I be concerned that you didn't just post "Awesome movie!"
wangus12
AG
Oh no man. It's an incredible movie.
AGinHI
AG
wangus12 said:

Oh no man. It's an incredible movie.

RebAg13
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, I can't pretend I am not disappointed. I definitely am. Maybe not about the movie overall, but how his character ended.

Also, I should've realized what was going on when Luke ignited his old blue lightsaber. That lightsaber had already been destroyed in the Rey/Kylo fight.
First thing I noticed was the color too
wangus12
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

wangus12 said:

Same. I'm gonna need a day or two to process what I just saw. I'll most likely see it again.
Yeah I got tickets for tomorrow and Sat. with the girlfriend.

Wish I'd brought her tonight because I really need to decompress my thoughts and talk about it.

Luckily I have you guys
AgMarauder04
AG
kinda didn't see the point in the Finn/Rose story. Didn't seem to do anything
wangus12
AG
I was his hair no longer be grey that made me consider the possibility. I actually thought it was Leia dying and Luke was visiting her before she passed/her imagining him
wangus12
AG
I think my biggest nitpick was:

As awesome as it was to have Yoda back, he looked pretty bad CGI wise. At least compared to all the sweet looking crystal foxes
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. I thought the same right off the bat. Also,

Where the **** are the Knights of Ren?
SeattleAgJr
Really disappointed that the franchise lets the director's have so much say in the specific story of each movie.

I know the focus of the Story Group at Lucasfilm is supposed to maintain continuity and create a cohesive world, but I wish they were more involved in the actual long-term story plotting.

Not thrilled with the auteurs being allow to make such drastic changes because they are wanting to make a mark instead of tell the best story.
wangus12
AG
Wondering the same thing too. Because they definitely mentioned Kylo taking some of Luke's apprentices
AggieChemist
AG
spoiler don't work on phone.
4th and Inches
AG
thats cause they used puppet yoda , no cgi.

AGGies0311
Sitting in the theater to watch it for the first time. Never read any spoilers..... so
aTmAg
AG
Simple question: is it good?
SeattleAgJr
I started a FULL ON SPOILERS WELCOME thread for Last Jedi. No hiding text in there.

Not intending to derail TCTTS's thread, but to let people have unfettered discussions and keep others from inadvertently being spoiled.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2916466
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't even try it. You posted specific spoilers, and you know it.

Enjoy your incoming ban.
Gangnam Style
AG
aTmAg said:

Simple question: is it good?
Yes, but flawed.
AGGies0311
Well thanks for letting me know my theories were right
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Well thanks for letting me know my theories were right
Luke dies via "Force facetime."

No person would know that.
wangus12
AG
Absolutely
AggieChemist
AG
My kid got an enormous nosebleed just as Snoke force pulled Rey up to his face. Thank God my wife took one for the team and went out to deal with that for like 20 minutes.

I'll have to do something nice for her.
SeattleAgJr
AggieChemist said:

My kid got an enormous nosebleed just as Snoke force pulled Rey up to his face. Thank God my wife took one for the team and went out to deal with that for like 20 minutes.

I'll have to do something nice for her.
next time pick the largest kernels of popcorn and use as a compress to stop the bleeding.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That light speed torpedo move was awesome as hell.
jr15aggie
AG
Combine this movie with Force Awakens and I feel one thing... Fracking cheated by their use of Luke Skywalker!

Was ticked when he didn't show up in VII, and now this!

So yeah the movie was pretty good, but not really sure why they just crapped all over my child hood hero and never gave him a "real" moment.

That's all any of us ever really wanted when Lucas sold the rights...a chance to see Luke one last time.

Sorry but I'm pissed! Good movie but I'm pissed!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am right there with you, brother.

It hurts.
bbattbq01
AG
Processing.
wangus12
AG
I'm just really disappointed in that aspect of it. Like you said, he was my childhood hero as well and now he's gone and its just crushing.

I've always viewed him as a badass, especially from all the novels I read. We just never got the crazy epic moment on screen and you had a perfectly awesome Mark Hamill to do it
Ag Since 83
AG
You don't consider him trolling the hell out of the most powerful dark sider from halfaway across the galaxy a "real" moment?
Silvertaps
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm just really disappointed in that aspect of it. Like you said, he was my childhood hero as well and now he's gone and its just crushing.

I've always viewed him as a badass, especially from all the novels I read. We just never got the crazy epic moment on screen and you had a perfectly awesome Mark Hamill to do it

Perhaps now we understand Marks displeasure with the direction Rian Johnson was taking Luke's character...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.