*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,456 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone else expect Snoke to turn out to be a little dude like Yoda? The CGI hologram tried to make him look absurdly large so I think it must be compensating for his being really small.
The Collective
AG
Yes.

I am expecting that TCTTS hates Snoke as much as Maz.
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like that's likely not going to be the case. Very mild spoilers about his appearance here...

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/details-snoke-guards-kylo-ren-star-wars-last-jedi/
TCTTS
AG
Wasn't a huge fan of his design. He just felt like an even more f-ed up/gross version of the Emperor. Overall, TFA was very, "Let's do another Death Star... but bigger! Let's do another version of the Emperor... but uglier!" A lot of choices just felt like A New Hope on steroids, and Snoke's look was emblematic of that. I wish he would have had A) a more original appearance, and B) the tiniest bit of context provided as to who he was or where he came from. Just a hint. Or instead at least built up and acknowledged the mystery a bit more than they did.

That said, if they actually do a "real" Snoke this go around as rumored (i.e. puppetry, animatronics, or prosthetics), I think he could look a lot better/cooler in person, and of course I'm guessing we'll finally get at least an inclining of who he is and where he came from. Definitely not giving up hope that he could still turn out to be a lot more memorable.
double aught
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Flashdiaz said:

Goldblum's strut.
TCTTS
AG
This seems to back up the idea of Poe/Leia being at odds with Laura Dern's character, all within the ranks of the Resistance (extremely minor spoilers)...

TCTTS
AG
Btw, how is that post/link for spoilers? It seems most everyone in this thread is ok speculating and knowing just a tad bit more than most, and while, again, we'll never get into spoilers beyond the broad strokes of the basic plot set-up of the movie, I just want to test the waters on linking to Making Star Wars articles like the above. I can totally dial it back if need be...
jabberwalkie09
AG
There's literally nothing in that tweet I find objectionable or really anything spoiler-ish. And your post doesn't really spoil anything that hasn't been rumored for months now either. The article itself doesn't tell us much more than what we already suspected.
The Collective
AG
I'm fine with it. If that bothers someone, I would suggest shutting off the internet.
TCTTS
AG
Alright, good to know. Thanks.
jr15aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

This seems to back up the idea of Poe/Leia being at odds with Laura Dern's character, all within the ranks of the Resistance (extremely minor spoilers)...

Hoping all the talk about "the fleet" will give us an epic space battle in this one. Felt like TFA spent too much time on planets... even the two X-Wing / Tie Fighter battles were both planet side.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that would be awesome. Would be cool to see The First Order finally catch The Resistance in an epic, climactic space battle... right as Rey/Luke show up as well, post-training, or having potentially been on the run.

It sounds like there are going to be two overarching plot-lines:

- The First Order hunting down The Resistance
- Kylo hunting down Rey/Luke in some form or fashion

I don't know if Rey/Luke actually ever go "on the run," though, as it sounds like Kylo might spend a decent chunk of the movie simply searching for Ahch-To?
maca1028
Know Your Enemy
AG
AggieDem said:

Put me down on the "hope Luke lives" category.

I'm going to be crushed if Leia dies.
Urban Ag
AG
jr15aggie said:

It feels like people are over thinking the title. We can't forget that 90% of the audience are casual fans and they can't get too out there with twists, etc.

Luke is the last Jedi. There are other force users, sure, but the Jedi are 1 guy away from being extinct. He is TLJ right now. We know this already.
Just my opinion, but I think that Disney is putting more in to the titles, giving them more meaning, then either the OT or the prequels.

The Force Awakens, at least to me, was more than just another Star Wars title. It was mentioned by Snoke. Confirmed by Kylo. I would be willing to bet that in the opening sequences of TLJ it is mentioned by Luke as well, that he felt it too. The "awakening" is the series of improbable events unfolding, pulling together old friends and former alliances. It's the force guiding a young woman who possesses powers she didn't know existed and that the galaxy had en large believed gone forever.

In that light, I think The Last Jedi is going to mean more than just the captain obvious "Luke is in fact the last Jedi". I mean, it is a foregone conclusion that Luke is going to train her to be a Jedi in some capacity. So if Luke doesn't make it, she becomes The Last Jedi.

Or

TLJ ends with Rey leaving behind Luke and the Resistance and going with Kylo or just going rogue? We know there will be some big reveals. What if we have a reveal on the level of "I am your father"? What if Luke had a hand in dumping Rey on Jakku? What if he conceals that from her and then she finds out? Not saying she will go dark side as a permanent measure or even that she goes dark side at all, but just leaves.

I think one way or the other, TLJ ends with Luke dead and Rey becomes the last Jedi, or Luke lives, Rey bails, and thus Luke remains the last Jedi.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, so the Resistance is now a fleet on the run from the pursuing First Order. And there are divided factions with groups struggling to wrest control from the more military leaders of the fleet? With heroic fighter pilots protecting the fleet from enemy assaults?

Where have I heard this before?

Oh, yeah:

Maybe it's time for BSG to get a little payback by suing SW over these plot similarities?

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Well hopefully episode IX doesn't have them leave the far. far away galaxy, end up in this one, and form the initial earth civilizations, a long time ago, I will be ok.

I guess that means Poe is a FO sleeper agent and doesn't know it. GAH
AgMarauder04
AG
Or Rey kills Luke and turns to the dark side and Luke WAS the last Jedi
Flashdiaz
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Okay, so the Resistance is now a fleet on the run from the pursuing First Order. And there are divided factions with groups struggling to wrest control from the more military leaders of the fleet? With heroic fighter pilots protecting the fleet from enemy assaults?

Oh, yeah:

Maybe it's time for BSG to get a little payback by suing SW over these plot similarities?

um, that's the first pic i've paid attention to about the new BattleStar Galactica and it looks awful.

and who copied who here:

http://www.grunge.com/9832/battlestar-galactica-ripped-star-wars/

The Collective
AG
If Disney had the balls to turn Rey heel - I would applaud them.
MGS
GiveEmHellBill said:

Oh, yeah:

You left out the part about the sneak attack that left the the Republic's homeworld and most of it's military being destroyed.
double aught
AG
CJS4715 said:

Most thought they wouldn't kill off the entire Rogue One crew, but this would be another level.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
double aught said:

CJS4715 said:

Most thought they wouldn't kill off the entire Rogue One crew, but this would be another level.
Luke allows her to kill him to " go to the dark side," but her reason was to save Kylo her cousin.
AliasMan02
AG
Brennus said:

double aught said:

CJS4715 said:

Luke allows her to kill him to " go to the dark side," but her reason was to save Kylo her cousin.

Basically why Luke fell in the old EU. Had to learn the Dark Side to try and defeat the resurrected Emperor, but couldn't pull himself out of it.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Flashdiaz said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Oh, yeah:

um, that's the first pic i've paid attention to about the new BattleStar Galactica and it looks awful.

and who copied who here:

The Sci-Fi BSG is one of the greatest science fiction series ever put on television.

Oh, and I was being facetious about the lawsuit.
Sapper Redux
Flashdiaz said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Oh, yeah:

and who copied who here:

Wait... seriously? You've never seen the new BSG?
bonfarr
AG
The new BSG was too dark and moody, I liked the old school version with Lorne Greene and that Face guy as Starbuck.
WestAustinAg
AG
I'm wondering if there is going to be another Death Star like weapon in TLJ. If so I'm out.
AggieSouth06
WestAustinAg said:

I'm wondering if there is going to be another Death Star like weapon in TLJ. If so I'm out.

It's called MoodKiller Base. Every time somebody unclasps a bra it sends in a fart or a call from grandma.
512Ag
AG
AggieSouth06 said:

WestAustinAg said:

It's called MoodKiller Base. Every time somebody unclasps a bra it sends in a fart or a call from grandma.

I wish that hadn't made me laugh as hard as it did.
brents1975
I just met Rian Johnson and took a pic with him at Celebration. In the queue hall waiting for the Last Jedi panel in 9.5 hours. 3000 plus fans in here and Rian signed our badges, shook hands, and took pics with all of us. Awesome dude!
brents1975

Sorry.., can't seem to get the pic right
TCTTS
AG
Just saw a bunch of videos on Twitter. That's so awesome. Looks like he literally took the time to meet every single person in line. He's always seemed like the nicest guy ever, and this just confirms that. So cool!
The Collective
AG
Here you go
wangus12
AG
Gonna be hard to make sure my patients are elsewhere during the panel so I can watch live. Probably not gonna happen so I'll be a tad bit behind you lucky folks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.