*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,378 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. Pure betrayal.

AgMarauder04
AG
#1 said:

I'm a horrible brother-in-law. I bought 2 XD tickets reserved in the middle of the theater when they went on sale. They were for me and my brother-in-law who is a huge Star Wars fan. He was pumped up about it. Well, 3 weeks ago I met a girl and we started dating. Turns out she's a huge Star Wars fan as well. I thought with my peen and asked her if she wanted to go to opening night with me. She of course said yes. I felt horrible. Last week, I told my brother-in-law that I invited a girl instead. Needless to say, he hasn't talked to me since then.
Dude, nerd love is hard to come by. He'll be ok.
bobinator
AG
10:30 at the Bryan IMAX for me... going to go in wearing my headphones.
Caliber
AG
#1 said:

I'm a horrible brother-in-law. I bought 2 XD tickets reserved in the middle of the theater when they went on sale. They were for me and my brother-in-law who is a huge Star Wars fan. He was pumped up about it. Well, 3 weeks ago I met a girl and we started dating. Turns out she's a huge Star Wars fan as well. I thought with my peen and asked her if she wanted to go to opening night with me. She of course said yes. I felt horrible. Last week, I told my brother-in-law that I invited a girl instead. Needless to say, he hasn't talked to me since then.
jr15aggie
AG
Even Star Trek is super ready!!!!!!!!

wangus12
AG
You can't sleep with your brother in law. Hell he is barely considered family. You made the right choice
bobinator
AG
I think it's a risky play if you've never taken her to a movie. What if she talks in the movie? What if she's a loud popcorn chewer? You're living on the edge my friend.
AggieChemist
AG
#1 said:

Dude.
bobinator
AG
Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
AGGies0311
Who does she think shot first?
AggieChemist
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

#1 said:

Hole in the bottom of the popcorn. She basically has to.
The Collective
AG
What if she's not a huge fan, and she is spending today reading about Star Wars online to know more. What if everything she reads is spoiler articles, and she brings up a huge spoiler nonchalantly on the way to the movie?
bobinator said:

Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

*I know I made a huge mistake
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator
AG
Well at least this is a big relationship test early. You're either going to love her or hate her after tonight.
MandoArms
You are going to the special H e l l.

Wait wrong fandom....yet still accurate,.
The Collective
AG
MaroonStain
AG
You are not #1 anymore...
Velvet Jones
AG
#1 said:

bobinator said:

That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

AggieChemist
AG
#1 said:

bobinator said:

I hope you close the deal with this one.

Then I hope you post pics so we can all be like

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Velvet Jones
AG
AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Beat40
I love this story so much though!

I can picture the scene so clearly:

You've been hanging on to this speeding bullet of a hype train for weeks, maybe months. You take your seats in the theater; the excitement is palpable. You're locked in, already hanging on the first words Luke will say.

She did not rewatch TFA because she "didn't have time." She faces you, leans in a little bit to avoid being overheard by the guy in front of you who brought his replica light saber.... "So...can you remind me where we left off in the last movie?"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
#1's BIL:

Sapper Redux
MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

AggieChemist
AG
MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Who does she think shot first?
She bet him that Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
#1 said:

You should have stipulated the condition of a beej during the end credits.

Seriously if I were your brother in law, I would stomp your ass.
bobinator
AG
or like "So Darth Vader is in this one right?"

I will say it's amazing how many random people on the street don't know what order the movies really go in.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Today and tomorrow are days to celebrate. Thought I'd share this story, I know I know, TLDR, with you.

In the summer of 1977, and as my dad tells it, he was listening to AM radio while working in our garage when two DJs started raving about this new movie, "Star Wars." My dad worked on an oil tanker so it was 3 months on the ship, then 2 months off. Star Wars came out when he was off work and the three of us ended up seeing it 7 times that summer in the theater. I was 3, my brother was 7, my dad all of 29.

In 1980, we saw Empire the opening Saturday. I was scared of the cave scene on Dagobah and refused to believe Vader's dirty lies about being Luke's father. I was 6, my brother was 10, my dad all of 32.

In 1983, Return of the Jedi came out while my dad was on the tanker. My brother and I had to wait 2- weeks to see ROTJ when he got home and had to rely on half-ass versions of what had happened from our friends the last week of school. Some idiot told me Jabba the Hutt was a giant octopus. Finally we saw it. And again the next day. And again the day after that. Cuz my dad is awesome like that. I was 9, My brother was 13, my dad all of 35.

In 1999, The Phantom Menace came out. My dad, my brother and I went to see The Waterboy at the movies on a Monday night just so we could see the trailer for The Phantom Menace twice (they showed it again after the movie ended). The day it came to wait in line for tickets (I waited 7 hours), my parents were on vacation and my dad was really bummed he couldn't wait in line with me. He tried to get them an earlier flight home even! On opening day, the three of us and a friend of mine from A&M saw the movie at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. , and 7 p.m. I know the detractors will laugh on that, but I wouldn't trade that day for $1 million. I was now 25, my brother 29, my dad suddenly 51.

In 2002, Attack of the Clones came out. When it was over, my dad happened to hear a guy say "I liked it much better the second time" and asked what the guy meant. I told him they were showing movies at 12:01 a.m. now so you could see it right when the opening day started. My 54-year-old dad said "We HAVE to do that for the next one." My brother, slowly turning into an introverted hermit, said "I don't know, that's really late at night." My dad turned on him and said, "It's ONE NIGHT THREE YEARS FROM NOW, STOP BEING A BABY!" I was 28, my brother 32, my dad a fired-up 54 year old.

In 2005, Revenge of the Sith came out. True to their colors, my dad was there at midnight with me and three other friends. My brother begged off because he is a wuss. My dad had seen Vader in the trailers and had brought with him an original Darth Vader action figure that he had found at a garage sale - my dad got big into eBay when he retired. He said "And when Vader comes out, I'm going to hold up the action figure over my head!" When Vader finally showed up, my dad's leg had fallen asleep and it took him 2 minutes to get Vader out of his pocket. I got home at 3 a.m., slept 4 hours, then got up and went to see it with my brother the next morning at 9 a.m. I was 31, my brother 35, my dad the coolest 57-year-old alive.

In 2015, The Force Awakens came out. I went to see it with my dad, my brother, my buddy from A&M, and my brother's daughter, 11 years old and a huge fan of Yoda, Princess Leia and Chewbacca. Having had a rough few years, I made a point to tell my brother and my dad how much it meant to me that they were both there to see it with me. When I gave my dad a big hug, he started crying. I was suddenly 41, my brother 45, my dad able to get discounted movie tickets at age 67.

Tomorrow night, I'll be at the movie theater with my dad and my brother (among others) to see our 8th episode of Star Wars together. We're all 40 years older than we were in 1977. I can barely fathom that fact. I texted my dad to tell him about the first trailer being on MNF a couple of months ago and he texted back, "I saw. Already have the DVR to record it." I'm 43, my brother is 47, my dad is the coolest 69-year-old man in the galaxy.
jokershady
AG
#1 said:

bobinator said:

You can still make it right there's still time! To quote the great poet Tom Arnold

"SECONDS COUNT BUDDY! DITCH THE *****!!!"

Saul Goodman
AG
Love this. Thanks for sharing.
bobinator
AG
That's an awesome story, and nothing is too long to not read today. Every second I can spend reading something or actually doing work is a second that I don't have to worry about accidentally finding a spoiler landmine.
bobinator
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Seriously if I were your brother in law, I would stomp your ass.
I'd be thinking of ways to ruin your life at Christmas. I assume you don't have kids because if you did you could absolutely guarantee he'd be buying the loudest and noisiest toys in the store and packaging them with extra batteries.
80s Guy
AggieChemist said:

AgMarauder04 said:

#1 said:

Hole in the bottom of the popcorn. She basically has to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.