*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,178 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't blame him either. I'd certainly be disappointed. He come back as a ghost though which is ok I guess. He still has some role to play I think

aggiephoenix02
Sorry, deleting spoiler. Really sorry, I'll post on the other thread.
maca1028
Y'all are getting a little too specific, I'm out until Sunday.
jr15aggie
AG
maca1028 said:

Yeah dude, this is the spoiler thread and the movie is out. Everybody was warned
aggiephoenix02
Let's not have this conversation in two threads, either move the spoiler talk to the other thread, or merge the two together...
Silvertaps
AG
maca1028 said:

Never ceases to amaze me. It's like an alcoholic walking into a bar complaining there's alcohol present. Why anyone sensitive to spoilers would click on a Star Wars thread on premier week is beyond me.
AggieChemist
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Unstarring your post for being a pansy. The movie is out.
JCRiley09
AG
Didn't we wait until Jan 1 last time to discuss tFA? Or was that on the big Star Wars thread?
aggiephoenix02
AggieChemist said:

aggiephoenix02 said:

Unstarring your post for being a pansy. The movie is out.
I just don't want to accidentally ruin anyone's fun.

I DO know that I really enjoyed TLJ. It was pretty alright... Although, I need to see it again another four or five times before I get a true handle on how good it is. I always get really geek'ed up when a new StarWars movie comes out. I see the "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." and my brain glosses over.
Bruce Almighty
AG
jr15aggie said:

maca1028 said:

Yeah dude, this is the spoiler thread and the movie is out. Everybody was warned

This isn't the spoiler thread. What y'all are doing is pretty dickish. The movie hasn't even been out a day yet.
wangus12
AG
It was announced multiple times over the past week that spoilers would be talked about on this thread on the day of the premiere. The reason the other thread was created was so people didn't have to use the spoiler tags like we were in this thread
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, this was announced as the spoiler thread in advance. Honestly the third thread may have just caused confusion.
Bruce Almighty
AG
wangus12 said:

It was announced multiple times over the past week that spoilers would be talked about on this thread on the day of the premiere. The reason the other thread was created was so people didn't have to use the spoiler tags like we were in this thread

Not everybody is going to read all 75 pages. We've always had a separate spoiler thread in the past for big movies like this and a thread for just general like / dislike thoughts. The op even mentions that this is not a spoiler thread.
jr15aggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

jr15aggie said:

maca1028 said:

This isn't the spoiler thread. What y'all are doing is pretty dickish. The movie hasn't even been out a day yet.

Some of us were already here. My phone was logged into this thread and I wasn't aware a new thread had started. We all agreed multiple times... Even earlier tonight, that spoilers would be talked about staring tonight.

I'm truly sorry if anybody read something they didn't want to, nobody wants that, but don't call people out. Those that were really following this thread all knew the rules.
twilly
AG
Just got back from my first viewing, about to head out for my second. Wow...just wow.
Beautiful movie.
twilly
AG
The ending is a bittersweet moment. Luke did have his "Matrix" moment in the saber fight, but I was left wanting more.

All the extra attention and honors that Disney showered upon Mark Hamill leading up to the movie pretty much told me they were going to bring on Skywalker's end. I wasn't sure if they turned him bad, made him a wuss, or straight kill him off...,but all the signs were there.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Good movie overall.

I think we all knew that Luke's journey was going to come to an end at some point, but I keep asking myself if that was the send off he really deserved. Granted, I liked him punking Ben/Kylo pretty hard. I'm sure we'll see him in IX.

Finn and Rose's side story, I'll think on this a few days and come back to it maybe. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it.

Really though, with how many beats this borrowed from ESB and ROTJ, if anything this movie makes me want IX even more.
wesag
AG
This isn't the spoiler thread. Who the hell made that decision? It doesn't even say that in the heading.
wesag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

wangus12 said:

Not everybody is going to read all 75 pages. We've always had a separate spoiler thread in the past for big movies like this and a thread for just general like / dislike thoughts. The op even mentions that this is not a spoiler thread.
jabberwalkie09
AG
wesag said:

This isn't the spoiler thread. Who the hell made that decision? It doesn't even say that in the heading.
This is the dedicated movie thread. Pretty much every movie thread is the defacto spoiler thread upon release iirc. It was also posted numerous times in this thread, and the other general Star Wars threads over multiple days.
wesag
AG
Probably the one with the heading is the spoiler thread.
AGGies0311
Very let down
AR_Ag95
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

kinda didn't see the point in the Finn/Rose story. Didn't seem to do anything

So much this..... if you need a bathroom break, this is when i would take it. The rest of the movie was great!
JCRiley09
AG
Speaking of getting up and going to the bathroom. Nicotine addiction was far too real with the guy next to me. He got up and left at least three times and came back reeking of smoke.

Just say no people.
AGinHI
AG
Ok. So I have to know. More than a few people on rotten tomatoes are disappointed, even suggesting it cheapened their heroes and tainted their view of the Star Wars saga.

I was 4 when I saw my first movie-Star Wars.

Is this new direction going to cast aside the story I grew up with for cheap thrills?

Brahma
AGinHI said:

Ok. So I have to know. More than a few people on rotten tomatoes are disappointed, even suggesting it cheapened their heroes and tainted their view of the Star Wars saga.

I was 4 when I saw my first movie-Star Wars.

Is this new direction going to cast aside the story I grew up with for cheap thrills?

No. Not in my opinion. I too grew up watching and loving the original trilogy and I don't think it cheapened anything. And it definitely doesn't cast aside the original trilogy or anything close to that.

Funny thing is I think maybe what I was most disappointed about was not seeing the trailer for Solo. I thought it was a for sure thing we would see that tonight.
AGinHI
AG
Thanks. I appreciate the response.

I've been seeing a lot of polar opposite reviews from several sources.

I've seen every SW in the theater since '77, and I was seriously considering sitting this one out.

Madmarttigan
AG
This was a very bad to at best mediocre movie, coming from someone who is easy to please. If you remove the nostalgic moments that get you teary eyed there was very little emotion, some cool special effects, and almost zero character development.

It says a lot when you could cut out 2 characters from it and 30+ minutes of the movie and you wouldn't even notice.
nikator
AG
one thing I loved was the movie putting know it all 20 somethings in their place. So many movies and books including Harry Potter, Wheel of Time and Game of Thrones have the world being saved by a bunch of 20 year old. Here Poe repeatedly got egg on his face and by sending out Finn to get the code breaker cost lives. The escape pod gambit would have worked without the code breaker ratting them out
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
maca1028
jr15aggie said:

maca1028 said:

Wrong, this is the spoiler thread.
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2916466
hurleyag
AG
So can we talk spoilers? I guess I'll use spoiler tag just to be safe.

Personally, I was completely underwhelmed.

Going back to TFA, the First Order loses a whole planet/base and countless personal yet now they are as powerful as the Empire was and still feared by the galaxy with out their super weapon?

It is confirmed Rey has no training of the force yet she is using mind control and force grabbing the lightsaber in TFA with the best of them.

TLJ, I guess we'll never know about who Snoke was and how he is so powerful in the force and leader of the First Order.

Why didn't they reveal how they were able to track through hyperspace other than "new technology"?

Finn and Rose just happen to get in prison with another coder that can break them in other than the man with the red lapel pin. At least make it where Del Toro's charater was actually who they were supposed to meet and he lost the pin in a poker game.

Having to see the Luke/Kylo flashback 3 different times was a little much. And where are the student's Kylo recruited with him, presumably the Knights of Ren.

I'm sure there is more I can nit pick, but it is just making me ask more questions that will never be answered.

AustinAg2K
It's still early, but so far fans on Rotten Tomatoes didn't enjoy it. It's sitting at a 63% fan score, which is in prequel territory.
Brahma
Wow. Just checked out rotten tomatoes and it's getting a lot of hate. I'm not really sure why. I enjoyed it. Keeps you guessing and isn't nearly as predictable as TFA.
Farmer1906
AG
maca1028 said:

jr15aggie said:

maca1028 said:

This was supposed to be the spoiler thread until someone created a new one. Not sure what the issue was. All movie threads turn into spoiler threads once the movie is out. Several asked the Star Wars thread stayed spoiler free until the new year. I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess not.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Farmer1906 said:

maca1028 said:

jr15aggie said:

maca1028 said:

This was supposed to be the spoiler thread until someone created a new one. Not sure what the issue was. All movie threads turn into spoiler threads once the movie is out. Several asked the Star Wars thread stayed spoiler free until the new year. I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess not.
This is a very long thread. I've probably read 50-75% of it and I missed this discussion where this was going to become the spoiler thread. The problem is, the OP clearly states that this is not a spoiler thread and to use spoiler tags. So apparently, I missed the discussion on page 68 or whatever page it was on a 75 page thread that spoilers were ok on this thread once the movie was released. I click on TexAgs and see that there is a spoiler thread for the movie. I come to this thread thinking that it was going to be a like/didn't like reaction to the movie and instead, people are posting major plot points without spoiler tags. In the past, there has always been two threads for major movies like this and the major thread was kind of a safe zone. My fault I guess for coming here before I've seen the movie, but there's a reason why spoiler threads have existed on this board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.