*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,061 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

"I only know one truth"
That's Kylos voice

"It's time for the Jedi to end"
Is a different voice. Maybe Luke, maybe not.

The "to end" even syncs with his lips moving.

We've been fooled before, but it sure points to Luke saying it.
Ulrich
Pretty sure it's Luke.

I have some trepidation that they will end up with moral relativity/gray Force users superseding light vs dark. The series has always had clearly defined good vs evil. They've explored the idea of what good and evil ARE, but I hope that by the time the credits roll on episode IX there's still light and dark and to be a good guy you have to be light.
TCTTS
AG
maxag42
I was really surprised when they announced Rian Johnson would be the director for this film. I like him a lot and he has a lot of potential but for the studio to take a gamble on him, wow, that took balls.

From the trailer, it looks like they indeed made the right decision, but we'll see. Either way, I can't wait!!!
chigger
AG
brents1975 said:

I just met Rian Johnson and took a pic with him at Celebration. In the queue hall waiting for the Last Jedi panel in 9.5 hours. 3000 plus fans in here and Rian signed our badges, shook hands, and took pics with all of us. Awesome dude!

That will definitely be a night we will always remember dude. He was awesome. Apparently his security tried multiple times to get him to leave but he said no. Stayed for almost four hours signing all our badges.

Cromagnum
AG
It fits that Luke is a grey force user. He had to tap into the dark side to beat Vader in ROTJ.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm totally in if this means good guys get to use lightning.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In case you want to listen for the whispering again:

@0:47 Leia says "Help me Obi Wan."
@0:51 Obi Wan says "...seduced by the dark side."
@0:58 Yoda says "..surrounds us... and binds us."
Malachi Constant
AG
I think it would be really cool to see Luke force choke someone.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Return of the Jedi, bro
jokershady
AG
cr0wbar
AG
You know - there could be an off chance that some of these scenes in this trailer and the voice-overs aren't in the movie at all. I remember this specifically for RO - might have to go back and watch TFA trailers...
AliasMan02
AG
More "balance" talk in Rebels Season 4.
double aught
AG
This trailer starts the same as the TFA teaser.
Malachi Constant
AG
I thought it was widely debated whether or not Luke choked the gammoreans or that was a modified "force push"
Flashdiaz
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

I thought it was widely debated whether or not Luke choked the gammoreans or that was a modified "force push"

Lol. At the time of ROTJ, we hadn't seen a force push. It was a force choke. Combined with Luke in a black hooded cloak, it was a deliberate visual cue that Luke was on the line close to the dark side.
Cromagnum
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Lol. At the time of ROTJ, we hadn't seen a force push. It was a force choke. Combined with Luke in a black hooded cloak, it was a deliberate visual cue that Luke was on the line close to the dark side.

Luke's clothing gradually gets darker as the series progressed.

ANH - white

ESB - grey

ROTJ - black

TFA - back to neutral colors.

Malachi Constant
AG
In that case I'll say I hope we get to see Luke force choke someone to death in TLJ.
AggieSouth06
TCTTS said:

"It's like 11 solid f***ing hours of trade disputes apparently, but I'm excited to see what people think"
titanmaster_race
AliasMan02 said:

amercer said:

"I only know one truth"
That's Kylos voice

"It's time for the Jedi to end"
Is a different voice. Maybe Luke, maybe not.

The "to end" even syncs with his lips moving.

We've been fooled before, but it sure points to Luke saying it.

After a couple close listens to the audio, I'm fairly confident that Kylo says "I only know one truth. It's time"

then it morphs to Luke: "for the Jedi to end".
AgLaw
AG
I used to be a 10th grade English teacher, and when we worked on mythology, I used Star Wars as an example of the hero's journey. Part of the lesson was about the symbolism of the costumes. The white patch over his heart at the end of ROTJ reflects LUke still being pure at heart despite being tempted by the dark side and even giving in to his anger. The kids used to love that stuff.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark Hamill gave an interview and said he spoke to Rian Johnson after reading the script and told him he "fundamentally disagreed with virtually every decision he made with his character".

But he also mentioned he disagreed with the way TFA ended.

Not necessarily worried, but, definitely interesting. Food for thought.
amercer
AG
Was he joking?

Did he say that the conversation lead to script changes?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No and no.

@1:55
Carlo4
AG
AgLaw said:

I used to be a 10th grade English teacher, and when we worked on mythology, I used Star Wars as an example of the hero's journey. Part of the lesson was about the symbolism of the costumes. The white patch over his heart at the end of ROTJ reflects LUke still being pure at heart despite being tempted by the dark side and even giving in to his anger. The kids used to love that stuff.

Lol my 10th grade teacher did this also! We even watched the trilogy in class. Bravo to you!

I remember that. Also remember the scene when Vader realizes about Leia. Luke's face is half in light and half in dark; still in turmoil...
Philip J Fry
AG
He's also been quoted to say he enjoys lying and giving misinformation about upcoming movies in order to keep the audience from being spoiled.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's a great troll, no doubt about it. But if you watch the whole video, you can tell he's being genuine.
Ulrich
Brian Earl Spilner said:

He's a great troll, no doubt about it. But if you watch the whole video, you can tell he's being genuine.

It looked like they cut part of his answer, after the digression to TFA comments. May have added some important context.

A bit worried though, because if Mark Hamill thinks it's wrong it likely is.
MandoArms
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mark Hamill gave an interview and said he spoke to Rian Johnson after reading the script and told him he "fundamentally disagreed with virtually every decision he made with his character".

But he also mentioned he disagreed with the way TFA ended.

Not necessarily worried, but, definitely interesting. Food for thought.

I want to know if Mark still feels that way or if after seeing it all come together it makes sense to him now.
TXAG 05
AG
I hope they don't ruin it all by overcomplicating all the force stuff. We are still recovering from midichlorians and that was almost 20 years ago
HeardAboutPerio
AG

The Collective
AG
VISTAS!
Flashdiaz
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

I hope they don't ruin it all by overcomplicating all the force stuff. We are still recovering from midichlorians and that was almost 20 years ago
I would say the midichrorians crap was demystifying the force, not complicating it... I'm ok with the force delving into the gray area.
twilly
AG
Thought this was pretty interesting. Seems to be a pattern here...
Rex Racer
AG
That is really cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.