*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,035 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Makes me even more disappointed he didn't have a single line TFA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
213 Grove said:

My wife was yapping the whole time during it. Didn't hear a dang word. Can someone post a link to it when it hits the web?
You drawing up the divorce papers?
amercer
AG
NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, and can we just appreciate one thing?

MOTHER****ING. IMPERIAL. WALKERS.
The Collective
AG
My wife was talking to me from the other room, and I just quietly plugged my headphones to my Roku remote, and she faded away.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
213 Grove said:

My wife was yapping the whole time during it. Didn't hear a dang word. Can someone post a link to it when it hits the web?
When it started, I told my wife and two kids to shut the hell up....the trailer's starting.
jr15aggie
AG
The last shot in the trailer with Rey talking and the Kylo stretching out his hand... That's not the same scene in the movie. Little deception going on their.

But awesome trailer. Fin vs Phasma... Kylo vs. Mom's capital ship. Lots of win there!

I just hope we get to see Luke at some point finding peace and then kicking some ass!
Independent George
AG
Not going to lie, it wasn't what I was hoping for in a trailer. It was all over the place.

Still pumped for the movie and know it will be great but disappointed in the first real look. I'm sure I'm in he minority.
Urban Ag
AG
CGI Chewbacca

Dro07
AG
Luke has only sensed this kinda of power before? It was fine before but this scares him? Hmmm I wonder who he could be talking about
The Shank Ag
Have to be up at 5am every weekday and have a game to coach Friday night, but just got my Omni IMAX tickets for Saturday night.
amercer
AG
Independent George said:

Not going to lie, it wasn't what I was hoping for in a trailer. It was all over the place.

Still pumped for the movie and know it will be great but disappointed in the first real look. I'm sure I'm in he minority.

I feel the same way, but I'm more worried about taking my kids than it being a bad movie. Kylo kills his mom AND Rey joins him? (I think I know from the interwebs that these things won't happen, but that trailer was dark and confusing)
tk for tu juan
Had to watch the trailer a second time to enjoy it, Kylo's carbon fiber racing stripe distracted me the first time.
mazag08
AG
Independent George said:

Nope. I've watched it three times and it doesn't really add any excitement for me.
jokershady
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Things I'm sure of:
- Snoke's speech is to Rey and not Kylo
- I like the Porgs
- The vehicle designs are frickin on point

Things I'm pretty sure about:
- The overhead shot of Ren with the troopers and the Falcon battle through the canyon are on Mustafar
- Rey and Ren at the end are standing amidst the flames of the temple that Ren burned in a shared vision/commune and they are not actually together

Notable absences:
- Knights of Ren
- Rose
- Jess Pava GIVE ME MORE JESSICA HENWICK DAMMIT
Simplebay
AG
Great trailer. NO chance Rey goes bad. different scenes in the movie.

CGI Chewie was weird.

Walker scene is being hyped heavily.

Is fandango down? looks like it's slowing to a crawl
toucan82
I'll probably end up watching this movie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love Rian. He's one of us.

jokershady
AG
jr15aggie said:

The last shot in the trailer with Rey talking and the Kylo stretching out his hand... That's not the same scene in the movie. Little deception going on their.

But awesome trailer. Fin vs Phasma... Kylo vs. Mom's capital ship. Lots of win there!

I just hope we get to see Luke at some point finding peace and then kicking some ass!
Look in the background during the scene showing Leia.

The scene showing Kyle about to fire and Leia aren't going on at the same time. The people behind are are walking about like it's a normal day and not under attack.

Makes it appear they are trying to trick us on that one as well
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Independent George said:

This trailer was the best one I've seen since Disney bought Lucasfilm. Easily.
LHIOB
mazag08
AG
Ok.. here's my thoughts..

The monologue by Snoke in the beginning it talking about Rey, not Kylo. Luke speaking of power that scared him is referring to Rey as a child bringing down (likely in a scared child-like rage) his jedi academy. That's why Snoke is speaking of the raw potential. He found her but someone (Luke?) hid her from him on Jakku. Kylo blows up Leia's ship and goes to hunt down Luke to remove the last piece of family standing in his way and tormenting his feelings. That's why Luke said "this is not going to go the way you think". The end with Kylo reaching out.. hes reaching to Luke. Either to kill him like he did Han, or Luke converted him.

Not sure how it falls in to place for a climax, but the theory of Kylo turning good and Rey turning bad is not far fetched. So much misdirection, its likely not the way it plays out. But to me it feels obvious who is talking to who.
jr15aggie
AG
Some things that are shown but perhaps we don't know the full context:

When Luke says it's not going to go how you think, a couple clips later you see Rey in that same location with him. Maybe she's about to rush off and do something like Luke in empire. But her hair is pulled down so it appears likely it's later in the film.

Snoke is torturing the crap out of Rey. Trying to turn her or simply fighting her?

Kylo has that cool band-aid on his face in the first few clips. At the end of the trailer it's gone and you see his full scar.
The Shank Ag
mazag08 said:

Ok.. here's my thoughts..

The monologue by Snoke in the beginning it talking about Rey, not Kylo. Luke speaking of power that scared him is referring to Rey as a child bringing down (likely in a scared child-like rage) his jedi academy. That's why Snoke is speaking of the raw potential. He found her but someone (Luke?) hid her from him on Jakku. Kylo blows up Leia's ship and goes to hunt down Luke to remove the last piece of family standing in his way and tormenting his feelings. That's why Luke said "this is not going to go the way you think". The end with Kylo reaching out.. hes reaching to Luke. Either to kill him like he did Han, or Luke converted him.

Not sure how it falls in to place for a climax, but the theory of Kylo turning good and Rey turning bad is not far fetched. So much misdirection, its likely not the way it plays out. But to me it feels obvious who is talking to who.

Oooohhhhhhhh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

Independent George said:

I feel the same way, but I'm more worried about taking my kids than it being a bad movie. Kylo kills his mom AND Rey joins him? (I think I know from the interwebs that these things won't happen, but that trailer was dark and confusing)

The Kylo/Leia moment is from the opening sequence. And yeah, as has been stated multiple times, Rey "joining" Kylo is from two different scenes. It ain't happening.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

My first thought as well.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Things I'm sure of:
- I like the Porgs
- The vehicle designs are frickin on point

Things I'm pretty sure about:
- The overhead shot of Ren with the troopers and the Falcon battle through the canyon are on Mustafar
- Rey and Ren at the end are standing amidst the flames of the temple that Ren burned in a shared vision/commune and they are not actually together

Notable absences:
- Knights of Ren
- Rose
- Jess Pava GIVE ME MORE JESSICA HENWICK DAMMIT

Those troopers look to be in snow gear
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The Kylo/Leia moment is from the opening sequence.
Is this you guessing or do you have some inside scoop?
AgMarauder04
AG
Thought it was common knowledge a big space battle that goes poorly for the resistance is the opening.
wangus12
AG
I think it might be somewhere with the kyber crystals.

Also I think they've said they aren't gonna kill Leia off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would that be common knowledge?
YellowPot_97
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

The Kylo/Leia moment is from the opening sequence.
Is this you guessing or do you have some inside scoop?

My thoughts as well.
Guess it's time to check out of the Star Wars threads until mid December. People can't help but talk about stuff they know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.