*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,483 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Give me a few minutes. Will find/post the last four covers/articles...
TCTTS
AG
THE PHANTOM MENACE

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/1999/02/star-wars

There are other pics, but these are the highlights. I seriously remember reading this issue and then being convinced this was going to be the greatest movie of all time...

TCTTS
AG
ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Can't find the article or many pics, but here are a few...

TCTTS
AG
REVENGE OF THE SITH

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/02/star-wars-george-lucas-story

AGGies0311
HAHAHA
The Phantom Man-Ass
Revenge of the *****!!

Zach and Miri reference just came back to me.
TCTTS
AG
THE FORCE AWAKENS

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover

TCTTS
AG
Nice. Looks like the article will be available to subscribers digitally tomorrow...

Quote:

Today, Vanity Fair debuts the cast of its follow-up, The Last Jedi, on four different covers, marking the first time we've released alternate Star Warscovers. Leibovitz's full portfolio will be online Wednesday, along with our story on the making of the new film, written by David Kamp. The Summer issue of Vanity Fair will be on newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on May 31, and nationally on June 6. Readers in search of the full Vanity Fair-Star Wars experience, including all four covers, a commemorative poster, and early access, on May 24, to our digital editions, with lightsaber effects by Industrial Light & Magic, can purchase here.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Quote:

"I'm not a great writer," says Lucas, whose strength lies in concocting huge scenarios, not in coming up with snappy dialogue or in constructing small domestic scenes. "I'm trying to tell a story using cinema, not trying to write a great script. I use the script as a blueprint."
This is a Lucas quote from the ROTS article. Very telling and makes so much sense. I was in high school when the prequel trilogy came out. It was obvious even then that they were not good movies and the scripts were bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll never understand why George couldn't give all his notes and basic stories to a good screenwriter(s), and letting them write the scripts.

Even with George directing, I feel like the prequels (with the exact same stories as they are now) could've been considerably better movies if a better screenwriter had been brought on board.

Still, I really enjoy the movies even with all their flaws.
AGGies0311
At least the prequels were original, not just a rehash of Episode 4 like TFA was.
The Collective
AG
IDK about you guys, but I'm going to pick up that Vanity Fair to find out more about the Trump White House.
The Collective
AG
I wish I could go back to my 17 year old self, so that I can remember if I ever thought Jar Jar looked like a cool character before seeing the film.
israeliag
AG
I would assume she doesn't have interest to do so since she hasn't, but I'd love to see a film with her as cinematographer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Why is Anakin pole dancing....?
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll never understand why George couldn't give all his notes and basic stories to a good screenwriter(s), and letting them write the scripts.

That's called The Empire Strikes Back.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

To be fair, he did this with Disney, and Kathleen tossed them in the shred pile.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did you do this? I was going to work on it, but this is perfect.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Nevermind, saw it on google... there's also this:

TCTTS
The Collective
AG
Don't judge little Ani. Senate cut student grants for the jedi academy, and his virgin mom is dead.
cc10106
2/7Marine0311 said:

The villains cover looks like a white trash reunion.
Such intimidating and menacing characters as well. That said, I bet Gwendolyn Christie could hold her own in a scrap.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio

wangus12
AG

Dern's character

The Collective
512Ag
AG
Ugh. Carrie Fisher with her daughter and with Mark Hamill hits me right in the feels.
double aught
AG
Thanks Brian. Those are great.
Ag Since 83
AG
That look on Benicio/DJ's face...I think he's trying to sell me a Heineken
The Collective
AG
I think Benicio's character is Dr. Cornelius Evazan's long lost son.
AGGies0311
Or some ****ty cologne only found at Dillards
twilly
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

Or some ****ty cologne only found at Dillards
Speaking of ****ty cologne...

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
What the hell. that picture of Laura Dern is NOT in a red demin shirt.
AGGies0311
Read the Vanity Fair Article.... Carrie got around back in the day.... wonder if she made out with Chewie too??
The Collective
AG
I enjoyed the VF article... can it be December now?

Quote:

Earlier this spring, in a screening room in the Frank G. Wells Building at Walt Disney Studios, in Burbank, California, Johnson described to me the approach he took to writing The Last Jedi, the second film of the Rey-centered trilogy. "J.J. and Larry and Michael set everybody up in a really evocative way in VII and started them on a trajectory. I guess I saw it as the job of this middle chapter to challenge all of those characterslet's see what happens if we knock the stool out from under them," he said.

As it is, none of the main characters in The Force Awakens emerged from that picture in what can be described as a triumphal state. John Boyega's Finn had been gravely wounded in a lightsaber duel with Kylo Ren. In a telephone interview from China, where he was filming Pacific Rim: Uprising, Boyega told me that, as teased in The Last Jedi's first trailer, his character, Finn, begins the new movie in a "bacta suit," a sort of regenerative immersion tank that, in the Star Wars galaxy, heals damaged tissue. Adam Driver, alluding both to Finn's state and the scar seen on his own face in the trailer, told me, "I feel like almost everyone is in that rehabilitation state. You know, I don't think that patricide is all that it's cracked up to be. Maybe that's where Kylo Ren is starting from. His external scar is probably as much an internal one."

Quote:

That Luke is so changed a person presented Johnson with rich narrative opportunities. The Last Jedi is to a large extent about the relationship between Luke and Rey, but Johnson cautions against any "one-to-one correlation" between, say, Yoda's tutelage of young Luke in The Empire Strikes Back and old Luke's tutelage of Rey. "There's a training element to it," he said, "but it's not exactly what you would expect." This being the spoiler-averse world of Lucasfilm, the production company behind the Star Wars movies, that's about as specific as the director is willing to get. (No, he won't tell you if Luke is related to Rey, or, for that matter, what species the super-villain Supreme Leader Snoke happens to be, or which character the title The Last Jedi refers to.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.