*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

382,878 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Saul Goodman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome surprise while watching the WS.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Luke going into the Falcon's cockpit:

Belton Ag
AG
#1 said:

Can't believe Disney pulled this off without letting anyone know. A new trailer out of nowhere
I immediately hopped on this thread thinking "How in the hell did I miss that?"
wanewman
The ending looks like the Knights of Ren scene to me.
Buck Compton
AG
Liked the few new scenes.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wanewman said:

The ending looks like the Knights of Ren scene to me.
yep. damn.
TCTTS
AG
Snoke's chamber room admittedly looks pretty bad ass...

Saul Goodman
AG
I worry my expectations are getting way too lofty for this film. I think Rian Johnson is a BA, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you go in expecting your mind to be blown.
Silvertaps
AG
Well done keeping this a secret
TCTTS
AG
This spot also confirms at least a basic order of events...

- The Resistance is forced to flee their base on D'Qar when under attack by The First Order.
- They settle on the planet Crait, the one with the red minerals just beneath the surface.
- We now see the Falcon on Crait, and see Luke on the Falcon, so presumably Rey and Luke join the battle on Crait at some point via the Falcon, thus hinting at a Luke/Leia reunion.
- That said, conceivably, it could just be Chewie and a porg on the Falcon, based on that one shot, who come to help, leaving Rey and Luke to fight another battle. But surely it's Luke/Rey/Chewie/R2/the porg who come together.

Actually, based on the shot in the last trailer of Rey being held mid air via the force by Snoke, what if Kylo tracks down Rey/Luke on Ahch-To, they fight in the rain, but then Kylo wins/kidnaps her, thus forcing Luke/Chewy/R2/porg to go after her / join the resistance on Crait, where Snoke & co are, attacking the Resistance yet again. Only putting this part in spoiler tags because I'm 90% sure that's what happens (not based on any inside info, though - just pure deduction based on context clues).
TCTTS
AG
Silvertaps said:

Well done keeping this a secret
In fairness, most blockbusters don't announce TV spots ahead of time. TFA had plenty of 30+ second spots that debuted unannounced.
TCTTS
AG
The only thing that may refute this is that I've heard rumors of a scene where Luke raises his X-wing out of the water/shore at Ahch-To (he had to have gotten there somehow), calling back to the way Yoda raised the one out of the water in Empire. So I don't know if Luke leaves via the Falcon or via his X-wing, but this spot definitely hints at the former. And again, the latter is pure, unsubstantiated rumor at this point and likely fan wish fulfillment.
OnlyForNow
AG
That would be freaking sweet though.
TCTTS
AG
Indeed.

(and with that, I will cease with any further speculative/spoilery theories for the time being)
OnlyForNow
AG
Like seriously. I think it'd give me a bit of a chub.

i also think that if that happens Luke tells Kylo, "this won't end like you think" or whatever that quote is. Explaining to him that he'll see the truth before it's all over.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS
AG
Oooh yeah, I like that. Makes so much more sense too.
bangobango
AG
If they have luke or any man go "save" Rey, the SJW crowd would go nuts. No way Disney does that. If anything, they'll have Rey go save Luke.
Phat32
AG
For the love of God keep current politics out of Star Wars
The Collective
AG
rasher said:

I agree. We'll see if Disney feels similarly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

**** Disney. That's super sh*tty. Why would you want to screw over an already-struggling, yet incredibly vital component of your product distribution? Sure, it'll net you more profits on this particular movie, but in the long term it may set a precedent for other studios that could ultimately accelerate the downfall of theaters in general. And obviously the more theaters that go down, the less money you stand to make on each movie going forward.
You should listen to Tarantino's rant on Stern of when they screwed him out of playing at the Arclight for Hateful Eight.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/the-hateful-eight-star-wars-force-awakens-arclight-theater-fight-1201668018/
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

rasher said:

I agree. We'll see if Disney feels similarly.
Well let's keep in mind that in TFA, Finn grabbed Rey's hand and pulled her arm, not once but twice. She rebuked him the first time yet he still tried again. I find this particularly disturbing considering the First Order's strict sexual harassment policy and award winning training program. Not to mention he reported to Phasma who clearly would have not tolerated such behavior. Then again he is a deserter.
The Collective
AG
The Empire is evil white men, but thanks to the cartoon show Rebels, we now know that there was a female death trooper commander. So, maybe not so evil?
Charlie Delta
I see the first order as the democrat party, GOP RINOS, and antifa while the resistance is trump supporters, true conservatives, and libertarians who just want more freedom. Probably not what disney had in mind though.
Flashdiaz
AG
Phat32
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But Chewy and Leia aren't dead...
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

At the end, Chewy walked by Leia like a ghost.
jr15aggie
AG
I hadn't thought about this before, but that trailer gave me the thought that Rey has to be the one that tells Luke about Ben killing Han.

That could be a really cool / moving scene and it will definitely reinforce Luke's feelings of failure with his Nephew. The betrayal & now Solo's death will most likely resonate with the audience and give us empathy towards Skywalker... we will feel it and know exactly why he isn't flying around the galaxy like a Jedi Boss!

I just hope he snaps out of it by the time the credits role and we at least get a glimpse of our old favorite hero!
The Collective
AG
I feel like Luke will already know about Han. It won't make any less difficult to watch if she tells him though.
MandoArms
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't know what I would do if Leia and Chewy both end up dying in this film.
The Collective
AG
So, the shot of Luke on the Falcon is pretty cool. Thinking about it, was the last time we saw him in the cockpit of the Falcon near the end of Empire? Outside of the original film, he's not on the Falcon much, so that's a cool moment. I am actually a little bummed I saw it in a tv spot now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Per reddit, this is the third time.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.